Kangaroos give "McGuire" a serve

Remove this Banner Ad

windsock said:
Interesting comment given that our club had the biggest ever function to celebrate its history out of all the other AFL clubs. Not a bad effort given our traditionally small supporter base.

Obviously another lemming who just falls for this argument because that's what Guru Ed says.

Your club is so proud of it's history that it was happy to lose it's identity and actively flirt with two potential new homes out of state.

Adelaide Hawk said:
Good move by the Kangaroos. The only way anyone else but Collingwood gets a mention on the Footy Show is to criticise Eddie. As we speak, Eddie would have his script writers busy prepare a response which will be full of Eddie crap as usual.

Yeah but you will watch it right? - See how it works now?

Zeke said:
Your club is so proud of it's history that it was happy to lose it's identity and actively flirt with two potential new homes out of state.

Don't recall offering to play games out of Sydney yourselves, chief?

Baaa

Do priority picks count as handouts? You're on track for them. Does a favourable draw count as a handout? You get that. "Blockbuster" matches against similarly rubbish onfield clubs with big supporter bases? Tick that, too.

And what does our club do that's any good?

Well, we beat your sorry arses in a GF. Remember that? I do. It was three flags ago. Tell us about the time you saw your club's third last flag. No, I'll make it easier. Your second last flag.

romanwfw said:
u got the mindset of the typical collingwood arrogant pig

We all have the same mindset.

That's why people like you would prefer to talk about us and our Club rather than your own.

You can't get enough of us.

Watch - you can't help yourself - you will reply

Gasometer said:
Maybe pple will start watching the FS again now that the Amazing Race has ended?

Gaso

Do you seriously think that any Collingwood supporter gives a toss whether or not the Footy Show screens next week at all, or ever again?

Fair dinkum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way things change at Collingwood is via a crisis. The only flag we have one win most people's life time is after we nearly went broke and had no other option than to take a long term approach, get kids and focus solely on footy (we could not afford anything else).

Today we have all the money in the AFL world but can't win flags (again). We are a big charity giver, we help other clubs (no mention of the fact that is suits us hey Eddie!) and spin ******** about stuff that does not matter.

Until Collingwood stops worrying about other clubs and outside activities we will be doomed to fail. I do not care about whether the Roos get money from the AFL, nothing to do with my club. What I care about is winning flags which is the only thing that matters in the AFL world (if I want $$$ I can go invest in the stock market).

As for the jumper I do not want to wear another design but if every other club is, I cannot see why we are bigger than the others. We have sold every other tradition to suit us, so whats the difference.

Get used to Eddie guys it will be a long, long time before the Pie membership base wakes up.

Gasometer said:
Really half a million?

Well the OZTam ratings had TAR at No 13th nationally with 1.3 million and 506,000 in Melb for the week 31st July-Aug6th.

FS didnt make the Top 20.

So maybe now that TAR is off, the FS will make the Top 20 shows in Aust again.

Gaso

Yep half a mill in Melbourne

(Source The Age Green Guide July 14)

windsock said:
Do priority picks count as handouts?
I guess they do, to a degree. It's an AFL endorsed equalisation mechanism. Every club will have their turn, that's the way the system has been designed.

windsock said:
Does a favourable draw count as a handout?
No, certainly not. My club has worked damn hard to achieve the supporter base which allows us the priviledge of a perceived favourable draw.

windsock said:
"Blockbuster" matches against similarly rubbish onfield clubs with big supporter bases?
No again. Read above. Every other club wants to play these 'blockbuster' matches against us. They beg for them. What's a club to do?

windsock said:
And what does our club do that's any good?
The question you are yet to answer.

windsock said:
Well, we beat your sorry arses in a GF. Remember that? I do. It was three flags ago. Tell us about the time you saw your club's third last flag. No, I'll make it easier. Your second last flag.
Congratulations. Enjoy football oblivion. :)

Punt_Road_Roar said:
Yeah he said some garbage about the Kangaroos respecting Collingwoods tradition but at the same time devalued the Kanagroos.
what made me laugh was the "its democratic down at collingwood line", if ever there was an organisation that is autocratic collingwoods , its EDDIES WAY OR THE HIGHWAY

mcguires a classic Type A......http://www.mindpub.com/art207.htm

morgoth said:
The only way things change at Collingwood is via a crisis. The only flag we have one win most people's life time is after we nearly went broke and had no other option than to take a long term approach, get kids and focus solely on footy (we could not afford anything else).

Today we have all the money in the AFL world but can't win flags (again). We are a big charity giver, we help other clubs (no mention of the fact that is suits us hey Eddie!) and spin ******** about stuff that does not matter.

Until Collingwood stops worrying about other clubs and outside activities we will be doomed to fail. I do not care about whether the Roos get money from the AFL, nothing to do with my club. What I care about is winning flags which is the only thing that matters in the AFL world (if I want $$$ I can go invest in the stock market).

As for the jumper I do not want to wear another design but if every other club is, I cannot see why we are bigger than the others. We have sold every other tradition to suit us, so whats the difference.

Get used to Eddie guys it will be a long, long time before the Pie membership base wakes up.

A very balanced view - congratulations.

Collingwood has not worked any damn harder than any other club to expand its memebrshup base. So don't equate your huge support as something you have achieved.

For a bit of perspective, read Morgoth's post. He has it all worked out.

It looks like, with one exception, the sheep are leading the defence.

The sensible pies are staying right away.

windsock said:
Collingwood has not worked any damn harder than any other club to expand its memebrshup base. So don't equate your huge support as something you have achieved.

Never a truer word spoken...

hope those Collingwood scum enjoy the AFL handout of a PP... :D :D imagine they get to play Essendon twice and still can't win enough games to not need assistance...

windsock said:
We may not have worked harder, but we must have worked smarter. The proof is in the pudding. Bad administration has crippled your club.

windsock said:
Morgoth is a little disenchanted, and understandably so.

Zeke said:
We may not have worked harder, but we must have worked smarter. The proof is in the pudding. Bad administration has crippled your club.

just keep on telling yourself that... :D :D

you inherited your support from years of success when the VFL was a small amatuer suburban league and every kid in the land wanted to play under Jock... that aint how it is today... problem is your club has not worked hard enough in this transition... and that is why you have only 1 flag in the last 47 odd years...

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangaroos give "McGuire" a serve

Remove this Banner Ad

Back