Updated Karen Ristevski's body found.

Will Borce Ristevski go to trial for ...

• Murder

• Manslaughter

• He'll take a deal before it gets to trial

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The police must have proven beyond doubt that it was Borce driving the Mercedes on the day she disappeared.

I'd thought Borce already said he drove Karen's car up the Calder Highway the day she disappeared, checking her fuel guage or something. The camera caught him going over the railway line at Diggers Rest, which is just off the Calder and called the Old Calder. Couple of blocks from Anthony's house actually.

Good for Karen. Not good for her daughter. Really not good for Borce.

But THANK F*CK we finally have a case to discuss here that isn't from bloody WA!
Surprised it hasn't been linked. Maybe Borce lived there or travelled there or looked at a map of wa once

Long way to go yet. Trial won't be till early 19 at best.

Very interesting to see the evidence and if beyond reasonable doubt can be proven.

Whole thing seems to rest on his demeanour and the car story. Even if that is (proven to be) bullshit what other evidence is there?

Doubt a cause of death/weapon/exact time can be proven so really needs a trump card from somewhere.

My guess is the time taken has been used to question over and over and over and pick holes in his account and bugged the suitcase out of him and used any potential slip up to tighten the net.

Surprised it hasn't been linked. Maybe Borce lived there or travelled there or looked at a map of wa once

Might have to get a jury from WA hard to find an impartial Jury in Vic with all the media coverage ;)

Surprised it took this long to charge him. Alsp being reported that the police had enough evidence to charge him for the last month but only acted now. All a bit bizarre.

Might have wanted to ensure he wouldn't make bail before Xmas. Or today is a significant date to Borce or victim, a birthday or anniversary or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was he a gardener at Iona College
The thing is right , think of a Merc, it has the 3 pointed star on the front grill. Now overlay that onto a map of Melbourne and align it so and voila, house, woods and workplace are all in the compass

in patris nominee

I'd thought Borce already said he drove Karen's car up the Calder Highway the day she disappeared, checking her fuel guage or something. The camera caught him going over the railway line at Diggers Rest, which is just off the Calder and called the Old Calder. Couple of blocks from Anthony's house actually.
I think he claimed he went as far as Calder Raceway. Falls short of Diggers Rest.

Otherwise why show that footage? He could have just said, “yeah that’s me testing the fuel gauge as I said.”

Get her Merc a-runnin'
Head out on Calder Highway
Looking for a dump site
On a sunny clear June day

Grab a shovel gonna make it happen
Make sure nobody sees your face
Get it done at Mount Macedon and
Return home to base

What God has joined together
Let no man put asunder
I'm lying to detectives
There's suspicion that I'm under

Grab a shovel gonna make it happen
Make sure nobody sees your face
Get it done at Mount Macedon and
Return home to base

In the press I'm reviled
But I'm Borce, Borce to be wild
I'm stocky and short
Never gonna get caught

Borce to be wild

I think he claimed he went as far as Calder Raceway. Falls short of Diggers Rest.

Otherwise why show that footage? He could have just said, “yeah that’s me testing the fuel gauge as I said.”

This. Why did Borce lie about turning around at Calder Park? It also means he doesn't have an alibi. Combined with a motive one would expect the coppers have enough evidence on him to convince an impartial jury of his guilt.

A Current Affair .. I know right but, did someone on there just suggest "Borce was seeing a woman" and that woman played football for Collingwood? And working for her in her traffic management company?

Ooooh ...
Hope not

This. Why did Borce lie about turning around at Calder Park? It also means he doesn't have an alibi. Combined with a motive one would expect the coppers have enough evidence on him to convince an impartial jury of his guilt.

It's doable but I'm not sure he took her all the way to Macedon and left her that day in the 100 minutes he was missing, unless he knew exactly where he was going prior. That doesn't explain what he was doing going off the Highway on a detour and into Diggers Rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Karen Ristevski's body found.

Back