Player Watch Kayle Kirby (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just joining the dots here, but what I am getting is that KK was linked to TDs mum who was doing a fundraiser for One Nation and some chick called Pauline kicked up a fuss and said it wasn't appropriate that TD was so obsessed with stalking KK

Disclaimer: The above is a fake news
At Real Donald Thump:

Wrong!We will Make Pauline join Magpie Women. need her Spin when we win. We never lose. People doubt Pauline? Sad! Better than moaning about Hope!

Just joining the dots here, but what I am getting is that KK was linked to TDs mum who was doing a fundraiser for One Nation and some chick called Pauline kicked up a fuss and said it wasn't appropriate that TD was so obsessed with stalking KK

Disclaimer: The above is a fake news

I know Fake but That shows that People can post shit about you but I did not like Adding My Mum Into it:mad::mad:

But proves my POint there plenty of Idiots on the Internet that are just there to be Trolls

I'm not just talking about rumours. I'm talking about anything that is posted about a player.
Never mind Kale.
He'll be fine. I think he will, anyway....

What's with the wholesome Crocker lad going all tattooed up?

Each to their own, but is there a Collingwood rule to ink up?

Just like after the 80s the tough stickers fad will die in the arse soon enough.

About every 25 to 30 years a generation get weak kneed over them.

Just like after the 80s the tough stickers fad will die in the arse soon enough.

About every 25 to 30 years a generation get weak kneed over them.
I don't think it will die. The tattoo industry is getting bigger every year. I would be very surprised if it ever stopped being a trend.

Besides bogans seem to be getting richer every year. Pumps even more money into it.

I know Fake but That shows that People can post shit about you but I did not like Adding My Mum Into it:mad::mad:

But proves my POint there plenty of Idiots on the Internet that are just there to be Trolls

Some call it trolling others call it journalism. If I was a true professional and followed the teaching of jedi master Caro I would have posted this:

"Confidential sources believe that KK was linked to TDs mum who was doing a fundraiser for One Nation and some chick called Pauline kicked up a fuss and said it wasn't appropriate that TD was so obsessed with stalking KK."

This gives it far more credibility as "sources" are always right especially if they are confidential. Even though it is not true it is entertaining and generates further news cycles and importantly sells papers and advertising and at the end of the day thats what matters most. You can quite literally make up your own stories if you have a good imagination, it has been happening on BF for many years and is the centre of many "sources". These stories become more "real" the more air time they are given despite being fabrications. Even though they aren't actually real they have a real effect - so are they real after all??!?

I did find the latest Essendon tape scandal leak very interesting. Their angry little meeting came off the back of Caroline Wilson articles which used unnamed sources that were contradicting what the AFL were directly telling them. Her article had a direct effect upon the decisions and action they took towards the AFL from then on in. It went from AFL & Bombers working together in best interests of the players to AFL vs Bombers and we all know how it all unfolded from there.

Whether her sources were correct (or real) or not didn't seem to matter as it had the effect she was looking for....to throw a hand grenade into what was a controlled and private legal situation until then. James then swore a lot and declared the AFL a pack of liars which was fun, but essentially it broke trust that a reasonable outcome could be reached, which meant taking some agressive counter measures which really alienated them.

Everyone in this whole thing will get questioned, who leaked what and why. Yet some simple questions will never get asked: Was there actually a leak at all? Did this source actually exist?

Given Caro will never be questioned on this we can only speculate in the following way:
- If the sources are real it means that a substantially large section of people are lying about conversations and contacts they had with each other from the Bomber Hierachy to the entire AFL administration. This plays well if you are into conspiracies and selling papers as we all want to believe these people are evil geniuses and planned this whole debacle - it really is a great story!
- Alternatively perhaps just one person is lying who has nothing to gain except improving their journalistic cred and making a bunch of cash out of it. This is pretty boring and if it is true it means there is a whole lot less to talk about so I think its best if we just let it be.

Anyway, who is this Kayle guy?

Some call it trolling others call it journalism. If I was a true professional and followed the teaching of jedi master Caro I would have posted this:

"Confidential sources believe that KK was linked to TDs mum who was doing a fundraiser for One Nation and some chick called Pauline kicked up a fuss and said it wasn't appropriate that TD was so obsessed with stalking KK."

This gives it far more credibility as "sources" are always right especially if they are confidential. Even though it is not true it is entertaining and generates further news cycles and importantly sells papers and advertising and at the end of the day thats what matters most. You can quite literally make up your own stories if you have a good imagination, it has been happening on BF for many years and is the centre of many "sources". These stories become more "real" the more air time they are given despite being fabrications. Even though they aren't actually real they have a real effect - so are they real after all??!?

I did find the latest Essendon tape scandal leak very interesting. Their angry little meeting came off the back of Caroline Wilson articles which used unnamed sources that were contradicting what the AFL were directly telling them. Her article had a direct effect upon the decisions and action they took towards the AFL from then on in. It went from AFL & Bombers working together in best interests of the players to AFL vs Bombers and we all know how it all unfolded from there.

Whether her sources were correct (or real) or not didn't seem to matter as it had the effect she was looking for....to throw a hand grenade into what was a controlled and private legal situation until then. James then swore a lot and declared the AFL a pack of liars which was fun, but essentially it broke trust that a reasonable outcome could be reached, which meant taking some agressive counter measures which really alienated them.

Everyone in this whole thing will get questioned, who leaked what and why. Yet some simple questions will never get asked: Was there actually a leak at all? Did this source actually exist?

Given Caro will never be questioned on this we can only speculate in the following way:
- If the sources are real it means that a substantially large section of people are lying about conversations and contacts they had with each other from the Bomber Hierachy to the entire AFL administration. This plays well if you are into conspiracies and selling papers as we all want to believe these people are evil geniuses and planned this whole debacle - it really is a great story!
- Alternatively perhaps just one person is lying who has nothing to gain except improving their journalistic cred and making a bunch of cash out of it. This is pretty boring and if it is true it means there is a whole lot less to talk about so I think its best if we just let it be.

Anyway, who is this Kayle guy?

Shows why Journalism gone Backwards so badly

Opposite ends of the spectrum but Kirby and Mayne are shocking pick ups that have virtually no upside other than they play in an area of the ground we lack in

Kirby has already passed Mayne as a defensive goal kicking forward.
I saw them doing wind sprints at training... it was like watching the slow motion scenes from a Baywatch episode without the boobs... well ok Kirby did have a little cleavage if we're being honest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to know what's going on with Kirby behind closed doors. I can't see how him forever running laps is going to solve anything. I make no claim to being any kind of expert but it seems counterproductive on face value.

Would like to know what's going on with Kirby behind closed doors. I can't see how him forever running laps is going to solve anything. I make no claim to being any kind of expert but it seems counterproductive on face value.
He's been participating in match sims and a limited amount of drills too, but he's so far behind in fitness that they've had to concentrate on getting him in shape. It's not as much fun for him, but he really has nobody to blame for the situation he's in but himself.

He's been participating in match sims and a limited amount of drills too, but he's so far behind in fitness that they've had to concentrate on getting him in shape. It's not as much fun for him, but he really has nobody to blame for the situation he's in but himself.

Do you know him personally?

If the kid lacks motivation, this is an astonishingly poor and out of date attempt to motivate him.

If the kid lacks motivation, this is an astonishingly poor and out of date attempt to motivate him.

If he doesn't have the fitness to do every drill with the main group what else is he going to do?

it'd be pretty publicly humiliating doing repeated sprint drills when he's spent in a minute and everyone else is just warming up

If he doesn't have the fitness to do every drill with the main group what else is he going to do?

it'd be pretty publicly humiliating doing repeated sprint drills when he's spent in a minute and everyone else is just warming up

I'd expect a highly resourced professional coaching unit to come up with something a bit more stimulating and engaging than 'let's get him to run lots of slow laps.' I have no personal knowledge of Kirby and he may be highly motivated and relishing the coaches approach to his development, but it's sounding very worrisome to me.

I'd expect a highly resourced professional coaching unit to come up with something a bit more stimulating and engaging than 'let's get him to run lots of slow laps.' I have no personal knowledge of Kirby and he may be highly motivated and relishing the coaches approach to his development, but it's sounding very worrisome to me.

Maybe it's a test to see if he has the mental fortitude to play AFL footy?

He can't be wrapped in cotten wool and expect to make it at the elite level. If he doesn't have the motivation better we find out now

Maybe it's a test to see if he has the mental fortitude to play AFL footy?

He can't be wrapped in cotten wool and expect to make it at the elite level. If he doesn't have the motivation better we find out now

I expect that you're right in terms of this being the club's view, but if so, I think they are wrong. Very few are born with the necessary work ethic, discipline and motivation to make it at the elite level. Kirby probably doesn't yet have these attributes, but they need to be developed over time, just as many others have to have other skills developed. And quite frankly, club's shouldn't draft someone who is unfit if they have such a fixed view of someone's motivation.

I expect that you're right in terms of this being the club's view, but if so, I think they are wrong. Very few are born with the necessary work ethic, discipline and motivation to make it at the elite level. Kirby probably doesn't yet have these attributes, but they need to be developed over time, just as many others have to have other skills developed. And quite frankly, club's shouldn't draft someone who is unfit if they have such a fixed view of someone's motivation.

Maybe him getting so fat in his camp trip after doing a preseason changed their minds

I'm sure he is doing more than just running laps, that's only what the public see. Behind closed doors we have no idea what program he's on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Kayle Kirby (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back