Player Watch Kayle Kirby (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe him getting so fat in his camp trip after doing a preseason changed their minds

Maybe, maybe not. Hopefully he is heading in a positive direction now, would be great to see him in the VFL and maybe even the seniors in the second half of the year.

If the kid lacks motivation, this is an astonishingly poor and out of date attempt to motivate him.
I don't think he lacks motivation per se, but it seems he has trouble controlling himself in regards to his dieting habits.

Seems like some here want the club to baby him. Frankly, that's not going to get him in shape in time for the start of the season. I'm sure it's been made perfectly clear to him that this is the fastest way to get him back training with the main group.

What makes you think that?

You said that he is to blame for his condition. Perhaps there are reasons in his personal life that you are not aware of. Perhaps we need to cut him some slack.

You said that he is to blame for his condition. Perhaps there are reasons in his personal life that you are not aware of. Perhaps we need to cut him some slack.
Personal reasons for not following the extremely simple directive of not ruining the past 2 months of work by binge eating over the 2 week Xmas break?

Spare me. He has all the tools and support he needs made available by the club to give him the best opportunity to make a career for himself in football. There is nobody to blame for himself for the condition he returned to the club in, regardless of the speculative 'personal reasons' you mention. Given his reputation in his region I suspect those personal reasons were him wanting to go and get on the piss and eat maccas with his mates.

Personal reasons for not following the extremely simple directive of not ruining the past 2 months of work by binge eating over the 2 week Xmas break?

Spare me. He has all the tools and support he needs made available by the club to give him the best opportunity to make a career for himself in football. There is nobody to blame for himself for the condition he returned to the club in, regardless of the speculative 'personal reasons' you mention. Given his reputation in his region I suspect those personal reasons were him wanting to go and get on the piss and eat maccas with his mates.

Your a hard task master Apex. Will you be so black and white with your own kids?

Your a hard task master Apex. Will you be so black and white with your own kids?
Will I teach them to take responsibility for their own actions?

Absolutely.

Will you support them if they don't?
Are you implying I'm not a supporter of Kayle?

There's a difference between wanting someone to own their mistakes and completely dropping support for them. Learn it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you implying I'm not a supporter of Kayle?

There's a difference between wanting someone to own their mistakes and completely dropping support for them. Learn it.

As I said earlier, you don't know the kid personally so I really don't think you should be making such absolute statements.

i assume all parenting modelling aside,
His kids will be Collingwood people.

Everything else you guys can argue the toss, but children being Collingwood is a blessing to be bestowed by parents of great discretion, intelligence and personality

Go Pies

As I said earlier, you don't know the kid personally so I really don't think you should be making such absolute statements.

He isn't a child though, needs to have some accountability for his actions. He's a professional athlete now, and needs to accept the responsibility that goes with it.

Club shouldn't coddle him, but certainly should support him - as it appears they are.

Even if he does have personal issues, who else is to blame for him not maintaining his weight (ie. doing what he's being paid to do) over the Xmas break?

It's his responsibility. He needs to own that. It's called being an adult.

Even if he does have personal issues, who else is to blame for him not maintaining his weight (ie. doing what he's being paid to do) over the Xmas break?

It's his responsibility. He needs to own that. It's called being an adult.
Adult?? He turned 18 on October 26 last year.
Whilst yes he's an adult in the eyes of the law he doesn't automatically become an adult on October 26 after not being one on October 25.
I don't think I was very adult at 18, (some would say I'm still not).
Give the kid a break.

Adult?? He turned 18 on October 26 last year.
Whilst yes he's an adult in the eyes of the law he doesn't automatically become an adult on October 26 after not being one on October 25.
I don't think I was very adult at 18, (some would say I'm still not).
Give the kid a break.

The male brain does not finish developing regards moderating decision making and behaviour till about 24. It is a reason that males aged between 18-24 are far and away the largest represented demographic in our road toll each year.

I'm all for people taking responsibility for their behaviour and also taking advantage of the opportunities provided to them, but it needs to be done so with the above in mind.

Hopefully he plays on Saturday.
You are getting your wish - has told me he is playing this Sat. versus my mob, the Cats. Will be the first time I have barracked a bit for the other side !!! its 11.40 at Olympic Park Oval - cant wait to see him get amongst it - I hope that then you will see what Collingwood see in him - all this other talk on here is rubbish by the way, he is a great kid and just is finding his way (try moving from Lake Boga to Melbourne and playing for the Pies in one go !!), and I am sure you will be very happy as he progresses through the year. Go Kayle, rip into em.

You are getting your wish - has told me he is playing this Sat. versus my mob, the Cats. Will be the first time I have barracked a bit for the other side !!! its 11.40 at Olympic Park Oval - cant wait to see him get amongst it - I hope that then you will see what Collingwood see in him - all this other talk on here is rubbish by the way, he is a great kid and just is finding his way (try moving from Lake Boga to Melbourne and playing for the Pies in one go !!), and I am sure you will be very happy as he progresses through the year. Go Kayle, rip into em.
dream come true for thousands of kids, hopefully he can pull his finger out and do what he's meant to do to re pay us for picking him up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Kayle Kirby (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back