Player Watch Kayle Kirby (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it Kirby in the back left of this photo?

C6cDyUbVYAA2gxa.jpg:large

Is that Mayne taking a mark?

but it sounds like at training, if you aren't fully fit, you run laps.

I don't get why this is being made into such a big issue though. It seems like basic common sense to me. If his training load increases before he's fit enough to participate in more strenuous forms of training then the risk of the player becoming injured would increase substantially - and then he'll only drift even further behind the rest of the playing group.

If running laps is seen as an especially boring or demeaning task then it should provide the player with all the incentive they need to start taking their fitness more seriously.

I don't get why this is being made into such a big issue though. It seems like basic common sense to me. If his training load increases before he's fit enough to participate in more strenuous forms of training then the risk of the player becoming injured would increase substantially - and then he'll only drift even further behind the rest of the playing group.

If running laps is seen as an especially boring or demeaning task then it should provide the player with all the incentive they need to start taking their fitness more seriously.

Is it better to motivate with positive or negative consequences?

Yes to both I think. Mayne taking a mark & Kirby participating in match drills in the background.

I reckon someone from the club has been reading the Kirby and Mayne threads and has photoshopped an image to close down discussion.

Motivation to get fit at this level shouldn't even be an issue.

It's more than just getting fit though. At AFL level they have to be elite athletes. Kirby has a mountain to climb and th odds are against him making it.

It's more than just getting fit though. At AFL level they have to be elite athletes. Kirby has a mountain to climb and th odds are against him making it.
iis fair to assume he wont make it this year. Like the other 18 players this year who will not be in our best 22.

His initial target will be getting fit for a VFL season.

iis fair to assume he wont make it this year. Like the other 18 players this year who will not be in our best 22.

His initial target will be getting fit for a VFL season.

That's a safe assumption. Many of the 18 you mention will experience some senior footy though. A full season in the VFL will be a good result, the club will then reassess his potential when deciding if he gets a list spot in 2018.

That's a safe assumption. Many of the 18 you mention will experience some senior footy though. A full season in the VFL will be a good result, the club will then reassess his potential when deciding if he gets a list spot in 2018.

No reason to assume he wont be on the list in 2018. Delisting after just 2 years would be extremely harsh and something that quite rightly is rarely done. He might be behind the pace right now but he has tons of time to show what he can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No reason to assume he wont be on the list in 2018. Delisting after just 2 years would be extremely harsh and something that quite rightly is rarely done. He might be behind the pace right now but he has tons of time to show what he can do.

If his fitness doesn't improve he won't be be on the list.

EFA.

Of ocurse he needs to improve as everybody needs to

Theres zero evidence that as at now hes not doing everything thats asked of him to try and catch up.

I'm sure he is and I wish him all the best. What's your point again?

It's not about what the preference. It's about which is more effective and it does vary for each individual or situation.

I remember getting belted a lot at school. Didn't help much.

Motivation to get fit at this level shouldn't even be an issue.

Motivation at any level in any job is an issue. Right now, we have some individuals who are probably have the potential to be fantastic employees, but they're skivving off onto internet forums to read and respond to babble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Kayle Kirby (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back