Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone had problems applying their club digital voucher code to their previous kayo account? I had one set up through iTunes / iPhone and it said it’s not applicable?

Do I need to start a new account with new email address?

Has anyone had problems applying their club digital voucher code to their previous kayo account? I had one set up through iTunes / iPhone and it said it’s not applicable?

Do I need to start a new account with new email address?

Had no issues doing it within the kayo app on my iOS device at the time.

Had no issues doing it within the kayo app on my iOS device at the time.
My Kayo is linked through apple store renewal, I cancelled it and through the email I get logged in and comes up with:
“This offer is not available with your current package”

And on the app or website I can’t even locate the add voucher aspect to it. Only through the email from the club I can get to the voucher part in my account!

Streamed replays of the F1 and one of the US NRL matches to test and they were both looking great in 4k đź‘Ť That's a big tick for Kayo over Foxtel which won't stream replays in 4k - you can only get the 4k replay if you've recorded the 4k stream originally, and that's been very hit and miss in my experience last year. Will be testing footy on Kayo live and replayed during round 0, and if all goes well as per my testing so far then the Foxtel box will be on its way back.

Streamed replays of the F1 and one of the US NRL matches to test and they were both looking great in 4k đź‘Ť That's a big tick for Kayo over Foxtel which won't stream replays in 4k - you can only get the 4k replay if you've recorded the 4k stream originally, and that's been very hit and miss in my experience last year. Will be testing footy on Kayo live and replayed during round 0, and if all goes well as per my testing so far then the Foxtel box will be on its way back.
Sounds great. Just don't wait too long to watch the 4K 50Hz AFL replays, though. The 50Hz replays are usually only up for a few days before being replaced with 25Hz 'streaming' versions. I assume the same thing will happen this year, except with the added 'bonus' of a downgrade to HD.

I can't select "up to 4K" in settings. I am paying $35 subscription. Diagnostics still only HD.

Internet >100mbs, using Amazon Firestick (issues with TCL firmware) it is a 4K TV.

Amazon Prime & Youtube work perfectly with 4K.

Any ideas, Kayo help go through the usual, reboot everything, nothing works.

I can't select "up to 4K" in settings. I am paying $35 subscription. Diagnostics still only HD.

Internet >100mbs, using Amazon Firestick (issues with TCL firmware) it is a 4K TV.

Amazon Prime & Youtube work perfectly with 4K.

Any ideas, Kayo help go through the usual, reboot everything, nothing works.
Looks like Amazon Firestick isn't supported yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS, Kayo must have the worst developers in the world. Every other streaming platform is compatible. Still happy to charge extra though!

Thank you BTW!
No worries.
It would appear 4K TVs and 4K Chromecasts are the priority at the moment.
I'm still waiting for web browser support, though they've at least said they "plan to introduce 4K streaming to more devices in the future" on their "Kayo on a web browser" article.
No such mention of their "Kayo on Amazon Fire TV Stick" page, though.
Perhaps an email to them will get the ball rolling?

No worries.
It would appear 4K TVs and 4K Chromecasts are the priority at the moment.
I'm still waiting for web browser support, though they've at least said they "plan to introduce 4K streaming to more devices in the future" on their "Kayo on a web browser" article.
No such mention of their "Kayo on Amazon Fire TV Stick" page, though.
Perhaps an email to them will get the ball rolling?
Will do.

It was bad enough they rolled out the new pricing even before the March 1 rollout of 4K let alone going half baked on device support.

At a minimum All 4K TVs, web browsers should have been enabled prior to them going live IMO.

Sounds great. Just don't wait too long to watch the 4K 50Hz AFL replays, though. The 50Hz replays are usually only up for a few days before being replaced with 25Hz 'streaming' versions. I assume the same thing will happen this year, except with the added 'bonus' of a downgrade to HD.
That's a good heads-up, thanks. I normally watch same-day, just delayed until after kids go up bed so hopefully this isn't an issue, but good to know đź‘Ť

yeah, just tried it on my new 4K set, sampling both the F1 & NRL.
Looks great.
Shame I got a cheaper TV, though; can't toggle the 60Hz frame rate when in Android TV mode, even though it does 50Hz perfectly when watching aerial TV. :/

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back