Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Does it work on a Samsung telly through the web browser (which won't show flash)?

It may but they dont support it. I gave up using the Edge browser on Xbox for Kayo due to constant freezes so it wouldn't surprise if you see similar problems.

Chromecast does appear to be the best way to go, it's been running faultlessly for me for 3 days now using my android phone or tablet.

Last edited:

Can't believe people fall for the 4k rubbish, it's just a marketing ploy to get you to buy new TVs and pay more for your streaming services. The human eye can't tell the difference once it gets to that resolution, it's science.
Lol

Can't believe people fall for the 4k rubbish, it's just a marketing ploy to get you to buy new TVs and pay more for your streaming services. The human eye can't tell the difference once it gets to that resolution, it's science.
And yet it's so incredibly noticeable

I'm using Firefox on a PC attached to my TV. NBN FTTP 100/40. It was more an issue with the internet connection.

Your internet connection? Or the Kayo servers?

My brother said he's also had some buffering/quality drop issues at certain times running from a PC through a TV via HDMI watching on demand stuff. I think he's on ADSL2 with TPG in East Melbourne. I've been using his account to test on my Appletv (Bigpond cable 100mbps) and haven't had any issues.

I also tested last night casting from my phone to my new Sony tv with inbuilt Chromecast. They were playing an old hawks/cats game from 2009 and I was switching between Foxtel hd and the Chromecast to compare the difference. There was a slight difference in crispness of the picture but the difference was pretty negligible. No audio sync issues or anything either. Could definitely get away with using this until a proper android tv app is released.

Just waiting to test kayo during a high demand live sport event. Im yet to be convinced it will hold up during the regular season and some people on whirlpool said they had issues watching the soccer over the weekend though when they switched to another channel or on demand it was fine.

Can some tech head help me out, really struggling to watch live sport without it looking like I'm watching the NBA's top ten on my dial up in 2001. I've read somewhere that it depends on your router and you need 820.11.ac? Can anyone confirm this? Does this make a big impact?

Our Netflix and other videos stream perfect (I'm thinking because it can buffer) but with footy around the corner I need to make the call to either get fox or go fix the router.

I'm using Firefox on a PC attached to my TV. NBN FTTP 100/40. It was more an issue with the internet connection.

I had stuttering/freezing issues when I first signed up Kayo using Firefox on PC with hdmi to TV, Chrome to for a while but that seems ok these days. I then went to Edge browser on XBox One which worked great for a while then the same issues started with freezing. Basically I was waiting for an xbox app to be released but who knows when that will be so last week I coughed up $59 for a 3rd gen chromecast & it's working great casting from either my android phone or tablet, not one issue yet & I've been leaving it on whenever I'm home waiting for it to play up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty happy with it so far for cricket this summer, found it weird there wasn't an app but I see this is fixed.

I use it on a 4g mobile broadband connection which is about 40mbps downstream (there's a problem with my physical internet connection at home). The quality is fine but it does fall down to 480p or worse for about 20 - 30 seconds at a time when watching live sports and the connection itself shouldn't be an issue.

Can some tech head help me out, really struggling to watch live sport without it looking like I'm watching the NBA's top ten on my dial up in 2001. I've read somewhere that it depends on your router and you need 820.11.ac? Can anyone confirm this? Does this make a big impact?

Our Netflix and other videos stream perfect (I'm thinking because it can buffer) but with footy around the corner I need to make the call to either get fox or go fix the router.
If you go into viewing options and diagnostics it will give you an idea of whether it is stuttering because the buffer keeps running out and other performance info that might help diagnose your issue.

Well this thread has been useful. I was thinking of getting Kayo Sports after reading peoples' experiences here, but just discovered that you can screen Foxtel Now to your TV via HDMI (no multicasting subscription, so AppleTV doesn't work).

Previously I thought Foxtel limited it to phones or tablets only and the thought of trying to watch games on a 7 inch screen did not appeal to me at all. I'm fortunate in that my parents have Foxtel and gave me access to one of their streaming accounts, so this is effectively a free option for me.

Sure you don’t mean Foxtel Go? My Mum has Foxtel and I can access her account via the Foxtel Go app.

Last edited:
Happy enough with it so far, all sport, just sport at a cheap price which is what I've wanted from foxtel ever since netflix and co started up. I've stopped Foxtel Go to give it a trial and it seems to be streaming fine using the Telstra TV and thats after going from NBN (FTTH) back to ADSL2.

Not having on demand with the Foxtel Go (or at least limited) meant always missing things like the footy shows so it will be great to be able watch what I want when I want and until the footy season starts Im enjoying a few of the docos and learning about Sumo :thumbsu:.

The Android TV app has just been released:

Thanks for the heads up just testing it now and it's streaming fox footy in 1080 flawlessly. Can't tell the difference between this and my cable channel flicking between the two. If the servers hold up this is going to be awesome. I just hope they don't shit themselves Optus/World Cup style come round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back