Stanhope 13.00
Tallygaroopna 21.00
Undera 21.00
Avenel 21.00
Merrigum 101.00
Girgarre 101.00
Longwood 101.00
Ardmona 101.00

The VT Faithful will be happy with the 2.50 on offer, should enable them to load up to make enough money to assist with next year's recruiting. Interesting to see Nagambie 3rd favourite, what have they done to be so high in the betting? Can anyone see the Murchison/Tatura combine threatening?

If you wanna take a year off work probably go with the VT/Hawthorn/Oklahoma multi.

Sportsbet odds are up:

Violet Town 2.50
Lancaster 3.50
Nagambie 5.50
Rushworth 10.00
Murchison 13.00
Stanhope 13.00
Tallygaroopna 21.00
Undera 21.00
Avenel 21.00
Merrigum 101.00
Girgarre 101.00
Longwood 101.00
Ardmona 101.00

The VT Faithful will be happy with the 2.50 on offer, should enable them to load up to make enough money to assist with next year's recruiting. Interesting to see Nagambie 3rd favourite, what have they done to be so high in the betting? Can anyone see the Murchison/Tatura combine threatening?

If you wanna take a year off work probably go with the VT/Hawthorn/Oklahoma multi.
Nagambie way unders and I'm sure Rushy will be smoking a pipe,should be closer to 3.50 l would have thought..

Sportsbet odds are up:

Violet Town 2.50
Lancaster 3.50
Nagambie 5.50
Rushworth 10.00
Murchison 13.00
Stanhope 13.00
Tallygaroopna 21.00
Undera 21.00

Yeh, interesting with nagambie, I guess auldy has a history of success and they've picked up a few, but sounds like they might know something we don't..

I think Murch, if their recruits fire, can give it a real shake this year, it's the strongest I've seen the comp, but they'll have a very good side at full strength. Not a game has been played and most have VT clearly ahead, which is fair enough given their recruits.

I have a question for the history buffs, though; in the last ten years, how many sides in the kdl, gvfl, omfl or any surrounding leagues have won a flag without winning a final the year before..?

Yeh, interesting with nagambie, I guess auldy has a history of success and they've picked up a few, but sounds like they might know something we don't..

I think Murch, if their recruits fire, can give it a real shake this year, it's the strongest I've seen the comp, but they'll have a very good side at full strength. Not a game has been played and most have VT clearly ahead, which is fair enough given their recruits.

I have a question for the history buffs, though; in the last ten years, how many sides in the kdl, gvfl, omfl or any surrounding leagues have won a flag without winning a final the year before..?
I'LL go one better for you Tav, never won a final in that league or the past 8 years..Mindgames, don't you love them:thumbsu::D:D

Also who does the research to come up with the figures

Troy Auld I believe does most of it, that could explain why Nagambie are that short as you would assume he would know the ins and outs of their list at present.
Cheers Hank,They are starting from a long way back so must have some mighty fine recruits one would think to be that short..

Troy Auld I believe does most of it, that could explain why Nagambie are that short as you would assume he would know the ins and outs of their list at present.

Chalky must know something I don't to have us that short! We've certainly picked up a few handy players but as others have mentioned we're coming from a long way back. I think a more accurate market would have both Rushworth and Murchison ahead of Nagambie.

Chalky must know something I don't to have us that short! We've certainly picked up a few handy players but as others have mentioned we're coming from a long way back. I think a more accurate market would have both Rushworth and Murchison ahead of Nagambie.

Agree on just lists alone that Rushy & Murch should be ahead of Nagambie. Can't underestimate a quality coach, even more so at this level, and Bertie has the runs on the board and I believe he may even be spending time on the Gold Coast this week picking the brains of the Suns coaching group. In saying all that $5.50 is way too short.:thumbsu:

I noticed Lancaster have picked up Michael Hill from Sandhurst during the week. He was one of Sandhurst's more consistent senior players the last few years.

Will be interesting to see where they play him in the Lancaster side.

Hey y'all, football season 'tis but a month away (It seems like all the home games for Round 1 will be on the 31st instead of Easter Saturday on the 7th, which suits me just fine :)), so I thought I would come here and provide my two (Zimbabwean) cents about the KDFL.

There's some good vibes about Violet Town for 2012, and like Murchison have spent big (Murch hasn't spent nearly as much as you think, Reeva's done very well with his budget :thumbsu:, but we lack a ruckman, which could be a problem), getting some very good players from the Diamond Valley (hopefully they'll have at least 6 of so locals, because that'll cause some problems).

Murchison is looking sharp this year, and I haven't seen them train as hard or as smart ever:thumbsu:. This will pay off because Murch have a tough game Round One against the Premiership Favourites in Violet Town over there, and I think our running could be a big plus for the Seniors.

The Reserves I think have a very good chance of finishing top three, they've got some good players coming in the side, and should be good for our depth overall to have 5-6 guys who can step up to seniors when needed.

The Under 18's have had a few guys become over-age, but as long as we've got a side out on the paddock, and they're having a laugh and a few wins along the way, they'll be allright :)

Netball numbers have looked solid, and they'll be a number of players who'll be smarting after having 3 teams lose on Grand Final Day in 2011. I don't see Murch doing much against the likes of Tally & Lancaster, but they'll be better as a whole.

The vibes are good at Murchison and as Dennis Danuto said in "The Castle" "...Yeah, it's the vibe !".

PREMIERS: VIOLET TOWN
RUNNERS-UP: RUSHWORTH
TOP 5: VIOLET TOWN, LANCASTER, RUSHWORTH, MURCHISON, NAGAMBIE.
SLIDER: STANHOPE (But, you can't write them off 100 %)
WOODEN SPOON: ARDMONA
LEADING GOALSCORER: La Porta (Undera)
BEST & FAIREST: Thompson (Lancaster)
DUD RECRUIT: We'll find out in August !

Hey y'all, football season 'tis but a month away (It seems like all the home games for Round 1 will be on the 31st instead of Easter Saturday on the 7th, which suits me just fine :)), so I thought I would come here and provide my two (Zimbabwean) cents about the KDFL.

There's some good vibes about Violet Town for 2012, and like Murchison have spent big (Murch hasn't spent nearly as much as you think, Reeva's done very well with his budget :thumbsu:, but we lack a ruckman, which could be a problem), getting some very good players from the Diamond Valley (hopefully they'll have at least 6 of so locals, because that'll cause some problems).

Murchison is looking sharp this year, and I haven't seen them train as hard or as smart ever:thumbsu:. This will pay off because Murch have a tough game Round One against the Premiership Favourites in Violet Town over there, and I think our running could be a big plus for the Seniors.

The Reserves I think have a very good chance of finishing top three, they've got some good players coming in the side, and should be good for our depth overall to have 5-6 guys who can step up to seniors when needed.

The Under 18's have had a few guys become over-age, but as long as we've got a side out on the paddock, and they're having a laugh and a few wins along the way, they'll be allright :)

Netball numbers have looked solid, and they'll be a number of players who'll be smarting after having 3 teams lose on Grand Final Day in 2011. I don't see Murch doing much against the likes of Tally & Lancaster, but they'll be better as a whole.

Is your new coach playing or non playing Joe?
The vibes are good at Murchison and as Dennis Danuto said in "The Castle" "...Yeah, it's the vibe !".

PREMIERS: VIOLET TOWN
RUNNERS-UP: RUSHWORTH
TOP 5: VIOLET TOWN, LANCASTER, RUSHWORTH, MURCHISON, NAGAMBIE.
SLIDER: STANHOPE (But, you can't write them off 100 %)
WOODEN SPOON: ARDMONA
LEADING GOALSCORER: La Porta (Undera)
BEST & FAIREST: Thompson (Lancaster)
DUD RECRUIT: We'll find out in August !

Is the new coach playing or non playing Joe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nagambie appear to have lodged a few clearances yesterday, does anyone have any information on them? Are these the guys that have them listed as third favourites for the premiership?

for those interested, shepp united won the flag a couple of years ago after only winning 5 games the year before. I guess the equivalent would be if gig won the kdl GF this year.. That's how impressive a coach quarrel is.

Has anyone heard who else nagaz have picked up..?

Nagambie appear to have lodged a few clearances yesterday, does anyone have any information on them? Are these the guys that have them listed as third favourites for the premiership?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Drama! Looks like Nagamie have gone BANG! All of a sudden a VT flag doesn't look quite so certain........

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Drama! Looks like Nagamie have gone BANG! All of a sudden a VT flag doesn't look quite so certain........
Someone give Troy Auld a ring and tell him of the new developments and maybe they will reverse our odds with each other.

for those interested, shepp united won the flag a couple of years ago after only winning 5 games the year before. I guess the equivalent would be if gig won the kdl GF this year.. That's how impressive a coach quarrel is.

Has anyone heard who else nagaz have picked up..?

Not quite sure where all this talk of Nagambie has come from. I think we all agree at this early stage we're all chasing the likes of VT & Lancy, they've recruited some impressive footballers. I agree though with earlier posts that you can't underestimate the difference a good coach makes and Rob has the runs on the board.

Tav in terms of recruits, we've managed to get a few of my Melbourne mates on board, plus some former players are returning.

New - Brett Connors, Grant Connors, Sam Collins, Rick Misiti & Tyson Bush.
Returning - Ben Hutton, Jackson Hutton, Danny Haysom, Brent Le Cerf, James Price, Matt Sanderson, Daniel Hall. Plus Josh Sanderson from a shoulder reco.

I might have missed a couple but these are the ones I know off the top of my head - this is a combination of seniors & reserves players. We still have a couple of irons in the fire at the moment, hopeful of a few more signatures before the season kicks off.

Lloydy & Rattray were also sniffing around on Saturday at our training camp but I haven't been able to convince them to come back - Lloydy said we couldn’t match Rushy's offer of unlimited rum cans! :D

Tav in terms of recruits, we've managed to get a few of my Melbourne mates on board, plus some former players are returning.

New - Brett Connors, Grant Connors, Sam Collins, Rick Misiti & Tyson Bush.
Returning - Ben Hutton, Jackson Hutton, Danny Haysom, Brent Le Cerf, James Price, Matt Sanderson, Daniel Hall. Plus Josh Sanderson from a shoulder reco.

Lloydy & Rattray were also sniffing around on Saturday at our training camp but I haven't been able to convince them to come back - Lloydy said we couldn’t match Rushy's offer of unlimited rum cans! :D

Cheers scribe, yeh, thank god lloydy can only handle two rum cans per drinking session..! Just on lloydy, how do you reckon he'll fair this year..? I think he's a massive signing for the club and the type of player that could make a big difference to us.

Nagambie wasn't that far off the pace last year, still a chance to make the five with 2-3 games to go last year, so those additions will certainly put them well in the mix for finals, not sure on top 3.

Have Arho and toohey left tally..? Would be massive losses for them if so.

There was talk on the Murray league thread that Dwayne Hueston was a chance to play at lanky, but that's been quashed.

Cheers scribe, yeh, thank god lloydy can only handle two rum cans per drinking session..! Just on lloydy, how do you reckon he'll fair this year..? I think he's a massive signing for the club and the type of player that could make a big difference to us.

Nagambie wasn't that far off the pace last year, still a chance to make the five with 2-3 games to go last year, so those additions will certainly put them well in the mix for finals, not sure on top 3.

There was talk on the Murray league thread that Dwayne Hueston was a chance to play at lanky, but that's been quashed.

I didn't get to see him (Lloydy) play last year at Tat but he won the GVL 2's goal kicking in what I'm led to believe was a pretty formidable reserves side and competition. At the moment he's probably not in the same nick as he was last year but he's keeping pretty fit & big key forwards are hard to find. He'll definitely have an impact & will probably attract one of better defenders each week. If you blokes are a top 3 side which I think you will be and he plays deep/half forward I'd expect him to feature on the league goal kicking table.

Can anyone tell me how their thirds are travelling this year and what sort of numbers they have... VT have been getting around 20 at training and look as though they will be more competitive this year than the previous two years.. Not sure wether they are finals bound ( probably not ) but should win the odd game.. Word on the grapevine is that some of the other sides are really struggling at this stage...

Hey Tav at this stage from what I know Toohey & Arho have been in talks with Billabong crows from the Hume League & dont think Tally can match the offer, apparently Toohey wasn't happy of the way Tally handled his knee reco so wants out & Arho is his good mate so they usually go together!
With Hueston it was mentioned that he spoke with Lancy & was considering his options but have been told since that he wants to have 1 more year with United?? Guess we'll find out 100% in the next few weeks as everyones seasons get closer....
& with Jake I think by the time the season starts Big Lloydy should turn into Fit Lloydy & will be on the money right from the start. Depending where u boys play him? (as he can be a deep key go to forward or can play up on a flank & set up from there, is smart enough for either position plus squirts in the mid to break things open, bit like Stuie Dew:D) But I would think he'd be worth 50-70 goals for ur club either directly or setting them up for others.... :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back