KDFL - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now l know you are talking crap as we don't have any locals to talk to because there are none. We bought our crowd from Melb and they each have their own little part of the ground where they are paid to stand..As for every player getting paid, thats true and don't forget we pay the waterboys, the netballers, the time keeper and even Sparra who works the outside bar. So no wonder we are broke:D

Probably the best relentless effort by a VT side that i have seen.

would have loved to talked to patten and the gig crowd but they left pretty soon after the game.

talked to a few over the bar during the game and like Stanhope they were pretty devastated.

But it didn't cost us 10k this week only 5k as we had jake williams, spoons Gleeson, daniel sage, robbie wilson and chris mckay missing from the week before so big savings

Interesting to see all this opinion on club spendings. Bottom line is, Violet Town is thriving, which can be seen by their placing on the KDFL ladder. What clubs spend is irrelevant to all those not directly involved in the club. At the end of the day, people need to mind their own business! Well done to the club for doing well this year, and remember people... extra stress causes heart attacks ;)
Do you eagles and blackouts and marcopolos understand that the goose will only lay so many golden eggs. Once this "district" competition based on community footy becomes a threat to sustaining sides in the major leagues (as in the "districts" paying the bucks to major league's seconds players..) .. who will point the fingers - long after grassroots footy from Longwood, Tatong, Swanpool, Goorambat, Ardmona (maybe Girgarre) Wunghu, Glenrowan, etcetra , etcetra have disappeared up the money vacumn. I'm passed all this shite.
Just go for the dollar you selfish people and from now .. as which all of you pharwkers will sing, who don't give a stuff about the future of lower level footy for country towns!! "It's goodnight from him .. and goodbye from me". John Carrot:thumbsu:
p.s. I'll get in early - thank cripes many bloggers will say..

Nah, I won't back you up, not one bit; jaxbac feel free to post away brother! At least there's a bit of banter on this site, and from what I can see its one of the most interesting.

No idea who you are, marco, but haven't seem you bring anything productive to the site. You continue to pot blokes & hide behind an alias..

Anyway, 270 point win by the tiges today in what is surely a record, but a shame given how tough the bushcats are doing. Really good wins by undera, Stanhope & avenel, looking forward to some match reports. Undera flying under most posters guards & Stanhope still dangerous on their day. The swans flying, also, pushed VT a bit & a good win today.

Dunno about flying mate, but we went well on the weekend against the doggies. Andrew Green was at his best gathering possesions at will, Dom Russo impressed, easily played his best game for the club so far kicking 5 and having a hand in a few more. Paul Arandt was unstoppable in the ruck also. Real good test for us this week against Tally for the boys, will see where we are at.

Dunno about flying mate, but we went well on the weekend against the doggies. Andrew Green was at his best gathering possesions at will, Dom Russo impressed, easily played his best game for the club so far kicking 5 and having a hand in a few more. Paul Arandt was unstoppable in the ruck also. Real good test for us this week against Tally for the boys, will see where we are at.

Avenel impressed on Saturday. I would agree with an earlier post that had Avenel above Stanhope, I didn't think so before Saturday. Dom Russo especially caught my eye, very silky and evasive and a look of Saad Saad about him he's one to watch.

For the Dogs, the losses to Stanhope and Avenel have been a harsh reality check. Injurys are a concern, while not to make excuses as you still have to stick to a game plan and play with more adventure. Arguably our best player in Geoff Connally and 2011 B&F Graeme Giles did their knees, Warren DeLeuw has 27 stickes in his face after Saturdays game in a sickening clash, Brodie Vick, Beau Ash, Bob Knowles and Jon Barnett also out with soft tissue injuries.. The key position stocks are a bit thin at the moment! However the positivity around the club is good to see and still confident in the direction the club is heading... We've been in worse situations before!!

After the dogs kicked the first two goals of the first quarter and continually won centre breaks, Avenels backs started to get on top and made far fewer skill errors and controlled possession. The Avenel forward set up is very handy with big quick forwards, Russo is dangerous across half forward and big Subba can cause headaches pushing forward as well. Definately for mine the big improvers so far for 2012:thumbsu:

Probably the best relentless effort by a VT side that i have seen.

would have loved to talked to patten and the gig crowd but they left pretty soon after the game.

talked to a few over the bar during the game and like Stanhope they were pretty devastated.

But it didn't cost us 10k this week only 5k as we had jake williams, spoons Gleeson, daniel sage, robbie wilson and chris mckay missing from the week before so big savings

Well u didn't look to hard then, we had a couple pots in you Rooms and had a interesting chat with ya local law inforcement. Fair flogging ya gave us and I'm sure more clubs will cop them as well, will be hard to match u guys this year, even the top sides might struggle. I no were ya 5k spare went , it was to pay the goons at the north end of the bar on the fence, but I guess you don't no them anyway because they are from Melbourne ?? Got luck to lanky next week u will need all the luck u can get.

Probably the most uneven competition in victoria.. 3rd side are about 20 goals behind topside( at full strength) 6th side are 30goals behind 3rd.. Is any1 ,except for VT, really interested this season.. 3 or 4 thrashings every week , I'd say your league is in big trouble to survive.. Crowd numbers at 90% of games must be low , who wants to drive to watch games that are well over by 1/4 time..
Interesting to see a few VT boys come down to Mernda( the same ones who walked for $$ , last week to see if they could train with the demons because
quote-- ' We'll be back next season'.. Quickly told by playing group to f##k off..

Well u didn't look to hard then, we had a couple pots in you Rooms and had a interesting chat with ya local law inforcement. Fair flogging ya gave us and I'm sure more clubs will cop them as well, will be hard to match u guys this year, even the top sides might struggle. I no were ya 5k spare went , it was to pay the goons at the north end of the bar on the fence, but I guess you don't no them anyway because they are from Melbourne ?? Got luck to lanky next week u will need all the luck u can get.

Yeh sorry about that I arealised after I wrote it that by the time I had cleaned up and got inside it was about 3/4 hour after the game had finished.

The goons at the north end were from Euroa as they had the bye.

And the Melbourne supporters I do know as there are at least 6 lots of parents sometimes more that come up to watch their young blokes play each week. They all stay after the game and have a meal at the club if we have one on, or just for a drink and chat. As with the players they have all mixed in very well and support the club with sponsorships and memberships.

But I suppose that comes from recruiting quality people that can play football.

Probably the most uneven competition in victoria.. 3rd side are about 20 goals behind topside( at full strength) 6th side are 30goals behind 3rd.. Is any1 ,except for VT, really interested this season.. 3 or 4 thrashings every week , I'd say your league is in big trouble to survive.. Crowd numbers at 90% of games must be low , who wants to drive to watch games that are well over by 1/4 time..
Interesting to see a few VT boys come down to Mernda( the same ones who walked for $$ , last week to see if they could train with the demons because
quote-- ' We'll be back next season'.. Quickly told by playing group to f##k off..

That's your trouble - we don't tell anyone to F##k off.

And it's good to have you back trying to cause a bit of trouble again.

I started to feel sorry for you last time you were up and about, but this time I'm starting to think you are a complete ****head.

For those who haven't checked out the O&KFL 3rds situation, it is worth a read. 14 clubs but only 5 thirds teams.

Some huge issues in junior footy ATM. This trend will transpire into Senior ranks across the board and more footy clubs will struggle to survive.

Fantastic celebration, highlight of the day. What would you have done if it had of been a goal. :D:D

Mmm interesting Sparra.. Over the last 2 seasons you guys would have at least 12 - 16 new faces in your senior side.. What happened to the blokes whose spots have been taken by the recruits.. Looking at your reserves scores can't imagine your getting flogged the you are with 12 regular seniors in the side.. I'd say you moved them on.. Again I say is any1 except for the VT faithful REALLY happy with how the leagues going??

Hey guys, a few points. Firstly on VT being a 'thriving' club; no offense but not sure I agree with that, I'd call a thriving club one that has each football AND netball team all in finals contention, made up predominantly of locals. Not sure VT are in that boat, to be honest.

Secondly, while VT are clearly the team to beat this year, I disagree with the unevenness of the comp; realistically only longwood & ardy aren't competitive, with gig & the gum improving. VT have flogged 'good' sides, and will continue to do so, but generally speaking I think the league between teams 4-9 are as even as I've seen. And while VT by rights should win it this year, they're still going to have to earn it, with lanky, nagambie, Rushy, undera & even Murch still capable of making a run at it, particularly if the towers get a few injuries or drop off in form.

As for the league being in trouble, I think most district leagues are, primarily through lack of numbers in the junior ranks, but overall I'd say it's as healthy as most and I personally can't see any or many teams folding in the next 3yrs. The kdl could cover a few losses, regardless, given the amount of teams in the comp, also meaning it's in a reasonably healthy state.

Mmm interesting Sparra.. Over the last 2 seasons you guys would have at least 12 - 16 new faces in your senior side.. What happened to the blokes whose spots have been taken by the recruits.. Looking at your reserves scores can't imagine your getting flogged the you are with 12 regular seniors in the side.. I'd say you moved them on.. Again I say is any1 except for the VT faithful REALLY happy with how the leagues going??

League is going ok,most district leagues are having problems at the moment with numbers as for the lob sided games it goes in cycles,you'll find most teams have there turns at the top and bottom of the ladder it's just how long for your at either end(a lot has to do with the committee and money usually helps)

As for VT there is a long way to go in the season.At the moment they are probably 10 goals better than anyone,there's nothing to say that can't be closed.Pretty sure the 8 or so clubs chasing finals have'nt given up yet.

Where did you get your 90% crowd being down figure from ?

Mmm interesting Sparra.. Over the last 2 seasons you guys would have at least 12 - 16 new faces in your senior side.. What happened to the blokes whose spots have been taken by the recruits.. Looking at your reserves scores can't imagine your getting flogged the you are with 12 regular seniors in the side.. I'd say you moved them on.. Again I say is any1 except for the VT faithful REALLY happy with how the leagues going??[/quote]

Not really.. but what's the point p%$$ing and moaning about it, we'd rather just get our act together as best we can and try to keep up with the Joneses. Clubs that cant keep up with the strength of the top teams will die off the way things are going. You and JC know whats going on but haven't the slightest idea of a real practical solution. For mine VT must have had the best functioning and pro active committee over the last few years have raised the money themselves and good on them really. It can't keep up forever and Lancaster, Stanhope and Rushy will continue to be around the mark every year as they have locals and are healthy clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steppinup none of the playing group told them to f*&# off, every1 that i know and have spoken to want those players back and had no problem with them training there!!! and none of then left for money they all had there own reasons, like the old president being a flog and the committee being made up of all his friends and family so anything they wanted to be done was and gave no one else a say. There are still some of these flogs there at the moment like faralla and felle who row there own boat and do what they think is right and not the best thing for the club!!!!! And if things keep heading the way they are i know a few more blokes that are thinking about leaving, for no money, just to get out of a club that seems to be stuck goin around in circles!!! and when these blokes do leave Everyone at mernda will have no one to blame but themselves again.

steppinup pretty sure most clubs have a handful of new players each uear and a handful of players that leave its just the way it is

Steppinup none of the playing group told them to f*&# off, every1 that i know and have spoken to want those players back and had no problem with them training there!!! and none of then left for money they all had there own reasons, like the old president being a flog and the committee being made up of all his friends and family so anything they wanted to be done was and gave no one else a say. There are still some of these flogs there at the moment like faralla and felle who row there own boat and do what they think is right and not the best thing for the club!!!!! And if things keep heading the way they are i know a few more blokes that are thinking about leaving, for no money, just to get out of a club that seems to be stuck goin around in circles!!! and when these blokes do leave Everyone at mernda will have no one to blame but themselves again.

:eek:Looks like steppinup might be better served trying to save his own club than potting the KDL and Violet Town, the league is in as good a nick playing personnel wise as it has been for the past 10 or so years, just because one team looks like they are well ahead of the rest doesn't mean the league is unhealthy. A club attracting better players only helps the league in the long run as each side goes about aspiring to that level in the year/s that follow.

I am sure the side that fronts up against VT in their first final will go in with an extra air of confidence with their finals record:D (Although I have to say with the calibre of players brought in this season that will account for nothing, still something for the other clubs to hope for though!)

Avenel took on Merrigum and despite Merrigum coming out of the blocks hard, managed a pretty decisive victory. As alluded to earlier, Green, Arandt, Russo, Goodwin and Potts all had very good games. For Merrigum, Josh Pell is a very high quality player and Greg Sullivan seems to play well whenever I see him play.

There's been a hell of a lot of talk on here about how much VT are paying players this year. I will say that they seem to run their club very well financially, and from what I hear they serve a hundred meals every Thursday at training, which speaks volumes about the people running the club. Their netball does seem to struggle usually. I also think that any other club in the league would do exactly what they are doing and try to buy outside talent in a bid to win a flag if given the opportunity (I'm assuming that they won't be completely broke for next year). I don't think the season is a foregone conclusion though, especially if Lanky and Nagambie pick up a few more players before finals come around.

In regards to the strength of the league at the moment, I would say that teams 1-10 are as strong as they've ever been. VT is exceptionally strong, and I think the consensus is that Lanky is at least as strong as it was last year. As Gigarre showed, any of these teams on their day are extremely capable. Even excluding VT, the standard of the league has improved drastically on last year.

The bottom two teams however are a worry though, I can't ever recall having two teams that are routinely beaten by in excess of 200 points by middle of the ladder teams. Juniors are obviously a massive issue for both of these teams. I know there's a number of teams battling to get thirds this year, but Ardmona seems to not have a side more often than not, and I'm not aware of when Longwood has ever had a under 18 side. Not really sure about what you do about it either.

Fair arse kicking ya gave Gig mate, Talking to a bloke today who was at the game, said your forward line will be very hard to stop , just got to many who can kick goals, and all kick 60 , also told me he was chatting to a couple of locals and they said this year or bust, and even if u do win it not sure if VT will be able to back it up in 2013 and he didn't have a clue who 80% of the players even were, any truth in that ?? And pritty sure every player in the side was on some sort of coin??[/quote]
That's well off the mark Speedy. There's still plenty of blokes in the team that are out there on a Saturday in the ones playing, then later in the evening paying their own way at club social functions that don't get a cent, win, lose or draw (with the exception of a possible after match award in the social rooms, ranging from $25 - $100, with only 3 of them on offer).

Massive game this weekend between flag favourites VT & Lancy, should give us a good indication of the distance between VT and the rest of the field. On recent form (and list) VT go in red hot favourites but what are people's thoughts on this game - will it be a close one or one way traffic?

Seems there are a number of good games scheduled in the KDL this week with Avenel V Tally, Gig V Gum, Stanhope V Nagambie all squaring off & shaping as tight contests.

Unfortunately though I dont think there will be a reprieve for Longwood and Ardmona who run into Undera and Murch - results of these games could be ugly.

Great to see the game on a Sunday-should get a great crowd....a pity I have my son playing junior league Sunday arvo then off to have mothers day with the old duck over in Wangaratta for dinner...I am gonna miss it. Was looking forward to this one....do they play again later in the season?

Massive game this weekend between flag favourites VT & Lancy, should give us a good indication of the distance between VT and the rest of the field. On recent form (and list) VT go in red hot favourites but what are people's thoughts on this game - will it be a close one or one way traffic?
QUOTE]

Violet Town by 10+ goals.

Seems there are a number of good games scheduled in the KDL this week with Avenel V Tally, Gig V Gum, Stanhope V Nagambie all squaring off & shaping as tight contests.ly.

Fair call scribe, hoping lanky push them, just to keep interest up, but also not sure who the second best side in the comp is at the moment, most of the big name recruits from VT are in good form at the moment, which gives them the edge.

The swans down there have traditionally been a tougher proposition, so wouldn't be surprised to see them knock off tally. It will be the biggest gig v gum clash for ages and they will hopefully pull a decent crowd, but the Roos for mine are traveling a bit better at the moment. Not sure on the Stanhope v nagaz match, the lions might fire up and take it right up to the saints.

Either way some really close matches should ensue, which is great for the league, and three of the games mentioned could go a long way to shaping the final five.

Where are these guys coming from! VT has produced another possible superstar.. A new CHF has debuted coming across from the essendon districts looking to big to strong and just too good for any CHB in the comp.. Showed a great pair of hands and great ball use. Adding another string to the already outstanding VT bow.

Where are these guys coming from! VT has produced another possible superstar.. A new CHF has debuted coming across from the essendon districts looking to big to strong and just too good for any CHB in the comp.. Showed a great pair of hands and great ball use. Adding another string to the already outstanding VT bow.

'produced', or 'purchased'..?

They've done well with their recruits, that's for sure. I guess it stemmed from lamaro playing at mernda with Daniel sage that probably got the ball rolling, then the lure of success and pretty good remuneration got them over the line.

Who is the chf you're talking about..?

'produced', or 'purchased'..?

They've done well with their recruits, that's for sure. I guess it stemmed from lamaro playing at mernda with Daniel sage that probably got the ball rolling, then the lure of success and pretty good remuneration got them over the line.

Who is the chf you're talking about..?

Ben Power, don't think he is to good for any CHB in the league but

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back