KDFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearing Longwood have picked up some Euroa boys who are seniors and a couple of borderline 2nds and Euroa coach isnt at all happy. Have also got some more signed from Melbourne and looking to be alot more competitive this year.

Hearing Longwood have picked up some Euroa boys who are seniors and a couple of borderline 2nds and Euroa coach isnt at all happy. Have also got some more signed from Melbourne and looking to be alot more competitive this year.

That is great if on the money. It is great to see a struggler start to make steps forward

Any chance of

Any chance of the KDFL clubs and admin having a go at a Fourths (under 14s) competition to solve the 3rds player issue?
if clubs like rennie can have an under 14s side then im sure clubs in the kdfl can pull one together, it would be a big help to solving the problem of sides not having a thirds team!

if clubs like rennie can have an under 14s side then im sure clubs in the kdfl can pull one together, it would be a big help to solving the problem of sides not having a thirds team!

It simply would not work around here, we've been over this many times before. Yes it would be great to have 4ths, it would be great if the 3rds would function better. If my club had 4ths we would have less numbers in the 3rds as half of the "under 18s" are already under 14, due to lack of numbers!
The Shepp district and Seymour district junior leagues keep the majority of kids in that system and its bloody hard to get them out of there! The problem is not the leagues dereliction of duty as such by not having a 4ths, it's called supply and demand. Where are these kids going to come from. I've coached 3rds an have seen other guys give it their all, it's a tough gig, the juniors tend to stay in the dedicated junior system and from there they usually aspire to play GVL footy. Picola and Murray leagues are very fortunate they don't have the same set up in their area, as the "supply" goes to them because there is not "demand" elsewhere. The issue got a lot worse when The Shepp competition went to 2 divisions, making more spots in the junior comp. Our under 18 competition was a lot better before this happened!

Would have thought that 2012 was a stand out season for Willo. Does his homework and is pretty astute.
I thought Willo had a great season, picked for interleague and was an important player for the hoppers. Great recruit for the lions though. Although he may only have a couple years left in him he is still a top key position player with great leadership skills.

Talking to a v- town legend this morning and he tells me Daniel Godsmart is close to putting pen on paper for the
towners . has anyone else got info on this.

‘‘Being a local boy we were working on him to come back and at the end of the day he wanted some sort of leadership role that he might not have had if he stayed at the Swans,’’ Sullivan said.

Is this really what we are on about? Haysom had a great year with the Swans and the side looks set to be far more competitive this year. Surely Nagambie could have kept tabs on him without putting on pressure to come back at this stage. If the kids can play better footy let them try their luck, wish them the best and let them have every opportunity to develop. Maybe, somewhere down the track, the support will be repaid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its quite obvious the top 5 or 6 sides of last season are going to be stronger this year,by means of
some heavy recruiting over summer [still hasnt stopped] Some of these games when they play each
are going to be just [top notch].i just hope we dont see those massive smashings to those lower sides
as we have had over the last few seasons[,that just remains to be seen].Any way i know they are still
swinging the willow out there but here is my early top 6''
v-town
murch
stanhope
lancaster
nagambie
undera
chris culinan to win medal

Its quite obvious the top 5 or 6 sides of last season are going to be stronger this year,by means of
some heavy recruiting over summer [still hasnt stopped] Some of these games when they play each
are going to be just [top notch].i just hope we dont see those massive smashings to those lower sides
as we have had over the last few seasons[,that just remains to be seen].Any way i know they are still
v-town
murch
stanhope
lancaster
nagambie
undera

Bit early where is merrigum ? Next you will be saying collingwood will win the flag lol

To all the members on here from Violet Town: I hope everything goes ok for you with the Boho Fire.

v-town
murch
stanhope
lancaster
nagambie
undera
big call v/t on top after everyone they have lost?!

v-town
murch
stanhope
lancaster
nagambie
undera
My ladder for 2013
murch
vt
stanhope
nagambie
lancaster
tally
medal also c . cullinan

Interesting to see that'' giveitawash'' has also left out merrigum out of his Top 6
What about ''Godzilla'' still waiting for your Top 6

Interesting to see that'' giveitawash'' has also left out merrigum out of his Top 6
What about ''Godzilla'' still waiting for your Top 6
Murch. Had heard have signed lots but yet to hear names
V-T. Money talks
Nagambie
Stanhope. Not sure why but they suppose to have a few good ones
Merrigum. Should be big improvers. Have the dreaded P word thou. Potential.
Rushy or lanky. Both lost a few but I think secretly have signed a few also under the radar

Murch. Had heard have signed lots but yet to hear names
V-T. Money talks
Nagambie
Stanhope. Not sure why but they suppose to have a few good ones
Merrigum. Should be big improvers. Have the dreaded P word thou. Potential.
Rushy or lanky. Both lost a few but I think secretly have signed a few also under the radar
I heard over the weekend that Stanhope lost 4 guys that had signed on? Changed their mind or cold feet not sure, just saying what I was told! & from a very reliable source!! No names, tho so could be a 50/50, just thought I'd share? Maybe Hank1, Warne1 or Mainland could shed some light??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back