KDFL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All kudos for being a contributor, especially as a new addition to the competition. Well done to all those blokes who played for the privilege of the jumper.

Yeah mate thanks, but I just don't get it about some people.... I'm a big fan of rep footy as not only do u get to represent your club & league but you also meet a lot of new football mates that you probably never would have unless you played at the same club....

I bet all the "guns" of the league will be the 1st to laugh at our result yesterday but will also be betting that they are also the people who made themselves unavailable for yesterday....

I know it's not compulsory & people probably see the week off as a chance to freshen up but we get 2 byes during the year for that.... I just think when given the chance to represent yourself, your club & your league as a top player you should jump at the opportunity! So hopefully whatever route the league decides on for next year with interleague we can get the best of the best involved & prove that this league is able to match it with the best from other league's....

Cheers to all the players, coaches, trainers & other support staff involved yesterday no matter the result....

I'm always hesitant to criticise the guys who actually put their hand up to play. I didn't see the game, but some of the names in that side would be lucky to be in the top 100 footballers in the league. Until the KDFL takes interleague seriously, we shouldn't even bother. All it does is makes the league look bad.

Either do it and have a fair dinkum crack, or don't do it at all.

Yeah mate thanks, but I just don't get it about some people.... I'm a big fan of rep footy as not only do u get to represent your club & league but you also meet a lot of new football mates that you probably never would have unless you played at the same club....

I bet all the "guns" of the league will be the 1st to laugh at our result yesterday but will also be betting that they are also the people who made themselves unavailable for yesterday....

I know it's not compulsory & people probably see the week off as a chance to freshen up but we get 2 byes during the year for that.... I just think when given the chance to represent yourself, your club & your league as a top player you should jump at the opportunity! So hopefully whatever route the league decides on for next year with interleague we can get the best of the best involved & prove that this league is able to match it with the best from other league's....

Cheers to all the players, coaches, trainers & other support staff involved yesterday no matter the result....

In my opinion. I think a nominated coach along with a selector should pick side by ringing up players personally and sending letter also getting a squad together for training and keeping squad to 35 players and no more by keeping it simple I think clubs nominate players that really are not up to it and clubs give them false hopes.

There's been a few posts about how it wasn't our best team and the guns of the league didnt play... can anyone put forward our so called best team

In my opinion. I think a nominated coach along with a selector should pick side by ringing up players personally and sending letter also getting a squad together for training and keeping squad to 35 players and no more by keeping it simple I think clubs nominate players that really are not up to it and clubs give them false hopes.

There's been a few posts about how it wasn't our best team and the guns of the league didnt play... can anyone put forward our so called best team
Mate I would love to put a side up but I'm still new to this league so really can't say who should have & shouldn't have been in it, but probably fair to say that there are better players out there that didn't put their hand up is more what I was alluding to.... In saying that I still thought that the group that went over there was fairly talented & held their own till half time but in all honesty how the opposition played in the 2nd half was nothing short of awesome if I must say so myself....

I'm always hesitant to criticise the guys who actually put their hand up to play. I didn't see the game, but some of the names in that side would be lucky to be in the top 100 footballers in the league. Until the KDFL takes interleague seriously, we shouldn't even bother. All it does is makes the league look bad.

Either do it and have a fair dinkum crack, or don't do it at all.
Would have to concur with you Blackout, some players would be lucky to get a Senior game at another club. And their in the Interleague side?

As most people would agree, I don't begrudge the players that had a crack on Saturday. It's the players that make themselves unavailable then bag out how bad the performance was!

How do we push on and have a good side representing the KDL?

It's the million dollar question..

Hi guys, went and watch your league play tall an gotta league at the sportsground on Saturday. I was really impressed with a couple from this league. Chris kilmartin and Thomas Davies. Could anybody tell me about these guys in particular kilmartin. I have know doubt those two guys could make it up here in the ovens and Murray.

Hi guys, went and watch your league play tall an gotta league at the sportsground on Saturday. I was really impressed with a couple from this league. Chris kilmartin and Thomas Davies. Could anybody tell me about these guys in particular kilmartin. I have know doubt those two guys could make it up here in the ovens and Murray.
imposter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kilmartin plays for Merrigum, tall and mobile can play CHB, CHF and pinch hit in the ruck. Best hands in the comp IMO, especially for his lean build. Has played most of footy at Merrigum and 2 years in the Ammos where he kicked 70 goals one season. PS: hands off him!! :)

Only seen a bit of Tom Davies but the kid is a GUN! Quick, tough, good skills. Also has the knack of getting inside to outside of stoppages on his own. Definitely one to watch at only 18 years old..

Ok then foxtrot. I'm not involved at any club up here just an observer so no need to worry about me impostering just a keen football follower. Just thought those to where standouts for your league. For an interlaegue game the standard was average. And the tallangatta league where half strength.

Kilmartin plays for Merrigum, tall and mobile can play CHB, CHF and pinch hit in the ruck. Best hands in the comp IMO, especially for his lean build. Has played most of footy at Merrigum and 2 years in the Ammos where he kicked 70 goals one season. PS: hands off him!! :)

Only seen a bit of Tom Davies but the kid is a GUN! Quick, tough, good skills. Also has the knack of getting inside to outside of stoppages on his own. Definitely one to watch at only 18 years old..
Yeah Kilmarntin definitely impressed me for sure. Great hands like you said reads the ball really well. Really good player I could tell he would be one of the premier players in the comp.
Thomas Davies very raw bout looks a very promising type I wouldn't be surprised if a few clubs up this way don't come knocking. He's a great size great skills and at only 18 has a lot of up scope.

Yeah Kilmarntin definitely impressed me for sure. Great hands like you said reads the ball really well. Really good player I could tell he would be one of the premier players in the comp.
Thomas Davies very raw bout looks a very promising type I wouldn't be surprised if a few clubs up this way don't come knocking. He's a great size great skills and at only 18 has a lot of up scope.

You sure you were looking at the right person? Tommy is not "RAW".... For an 18 year old he's well up there with body size & strength as most mid 20's men that have been playing senior footy for 10yrs.... He is an absolute gun, he may go back to GVFL next year, wouldn't think he'd travel all that way to play each week plus his family is heavily involved with Lanky so my guess is he'll be staying over this way somewhere! (& if the rumours that I'm coaching next year :eek: are true then he WON'T be going anywhere ;))....

But it's funny that you say the Tallangatta side was half strength as their coach said after the game that they couldn't have brought much more of a stronger side?? Bit conflictive of opinions....

Mine to WHD.... Killa takes a grab from anywhere! Sometimes he looks out of position then all of a sudden he clunks a strong mark with his fingertips.... Nightmare for any CHB/CHF depending where he plays....

Mine to WHD.... Killa takes a grab from anywhere! Sometimes he looks out of position then all of a sudden he clunks a strong mark with his fingertips.... Nightmare for any CHB/CHF depending where he plays....

Still don't know how he does it Smooth. Not the typical build for a clunker, and one of the most disinterested and laconic looking players you'll ever meet! Looks can be deceiving :)

Have heard that a few gv clubs in shepp area are already aware of tom davies talents so don't expect him to remain in kdl if he wants to better his football... Ky would have to be in box seat wouldn't they though??

You sure you were looking at the right person? Tommy is not "RAW".... For an 18 year old he's well up there with body size & strength as most mid 20's men that have been playing senior footy for 10yrs.... He is an absolute gun, he may go back to GVFL next year, wouldn't think he'd travel all that way to play each week plus his family is heavily involved with Lanky so my guess is he'll be staying over this way somewhere! (& if the rumours that I'm coaching next year :eek: are true then he WON'T be going anywhere ;))....

But it's funny that you say the Tallangatta side was half strength as their coach said after the game that they couldn't have brought much more of a stronger side?? Bit conflictive of opinions....
I didn't mean raw as in he's size. I agree physically he is that of a guy in he's mid 20s. Being so young he's obviously got a lot to learn and will mature as a footballer and no doubt get better. Sides like Yarra and corowa and the two Wang sides will definitely have a look at him. I could think of a handful of guys off the top of my head that didn't play in the tallangatta league side that I expected to be there. May of made themselves Unavailable. There side was definitely not as strong as it could of been but i guess all leagues have that problem. I'm sure ur league wasn't as strong as it could have been.

Come on Frank, are you sure you're not scouting for Aker?;)

H

Have a look at the clearances mate.. :) not from arnd here.. Has trained a couple of times and looks to move pretty good. Time will tell tho..
Dunno What ur on about woody. I just love my footy.
I have seen tommy Davies play a few times I think he is a great ball winner and is going really well for his age.But his kicking needs a bit of work apart from that good luck to the kid for the future.

It's a tough one because we don't see everyone play. Off the top of my head I'll name a few. Let's all throw done names about and try to get a handle on what our best KDL team would look like..

Tom Durward- Ardmona
Tom Cullinan, Geremie Ganino, John Shiels, Shane Kay, Jamie Jones - Murchison
Edwards, Mason, Young- Stanhope
Ramadan Yze, Michael Barca, Bryce Wellington - Gum
Heath Barnett, Andrew Douglas, Tyson Dipetta - Lancaster
Danny Haysom, Shiels, Stevens, Rattray, J.Hutton - Nagambie..

That's a start anyway on guys who didn't play on the weekend.. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back