KDFL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are three report sheets. One goes to the offended player, another to the alleged offender and the third is taken by the umpire who then notifies the league and faxes a copy through to the league secretary. The clubs have nothing to do with lodging this paperwork
That is not the procedure in at least two leagues and I suggest possibly 3.

Might get some actual Football discussion happening. I like football...
The Gum played Ardmona yesterday. On what I witnessed, I can see why they rolled Rushworth in round one. Williams played Full Back on Wellington and Tom Durward played CHB on Kilmartin. I thought they both did very well, Killa was BOG but Durward won his fair share of the contests and Wellington was held to 4 goals although they were mostly cheap ones to be honest.
With these guys in defense they lacked avenues to goal at the other end. Their midfield is pretty reasonable with a spread of guys who can rotate through.
They gave a hard contest throughout, although their idea of what "hard" footy is hasn't changed too much in the latest chapter of "Da Ardy Boyz!". Always an eye opener and entertaining day against the bush cats in one way or another!
For example!!
Josh Pell was lining up for a regulation shot from 30meters in the 3rd quarter when coach Williams left the goal square and began arguing with a spectator at the fence in the forward pocket. Pell then chipped to an unmanned wellington in the goal square who goaled. I think the spectator may have jumped back in the car when approached by big Willo. Good times!

I see that quite a few clubs now have Twitter accounts, great way to keep everyone up to date around the grounds on match day.

Then you can probably explain why a report is sitting in my email inbox that has come via the umpire via the league.

I think we should move on from this topic now.... It's had it's time in the light! At the end of the day the 50m penalties may have been the fitting result, I don't think the yellow card was warranted & the report was definitely not necessary.... Whatever the case why it was really thrown out it saved alot of time for all parties involved.... But I can assure you that from now on my friendship with any umpire's I know will stay off the field, I will let them do their job & zip it from now on.... ;)

How'd those tips treat ya? Couple of surprises there for ya or you just didn't want to tip who you really thought?? :D
Sorry mate , been having a sleep over thanks to the Law and a overloaded truck, no phone service or good food for that matter. And I did tip who I thought, how things change mate , gone from vilan to arse licker, getting the umps votes all 3 of them against Gig, Did you no ump? Or maybe play good?

Sorry mate , been having a sleep over thanks to the Law and a overloaded truck, no phone service or good food for that matter. And I did tip who I thought, how things change mate , gone from vilan to arse licker, getting the umps votes all 3 of them against Gig, Did you no ump? Or maybe play good?
Hahaha So u been a naughty boy to have ya? Well cause I'm a nice bloke I won't judge u on ur mistakes like most others would! Hey ;).... Not sure about the votes mate, I don't talk to the ump's during the game anymore, learnt my lesson this 1 time out at Ardy.... :D Funny how much things can change in a week of Football....

Anyway hope ur treating urself to a nice big Chicken Parma or fat juicey Steak with chips & veg after ur recent indiscretion with the fuzz & lack of tastey food.... :thumbsu:

Talking with sam saracino a couple of houres ago and he is also waiting for the out come All he said was that it was a crisis meeting
too see what direction they want to take I for one do not think they will be part of the kdl next year Maybee longwood out and Tongala in!!!!
Anyone else hear a rumour that longwood had a vote one whether to fold or not?

Talking with sam saracino a couple of houres ago and he is also waiting for the out come All he said was that it was a crisis meeting
too see what direction they want to take I for one do not think they will be part of the kdl next year Maybee longwood out and Tongala in!!!!

It might seem crazy what I'm 'bout to say ..

Clap for Longwood if you feel that happiness is for you!!

Y’know district level footy is the lowest level of standard as it is community based footy.
Blokes like Bobby Rose in the 60’s came from the VFL to play and coach at Wangaratta Rovers, major league footy. From top level to a major league for the season. Tommy Hafey coached Shepp to three premierships in the GVFL major league after his short playing days were finished and what he did after that was amazing!! RIP Tom Hafey.
I reiterate .. all happening in major leagues.
So where do we stand after the passing of that champion man this week.
District community footy foregoing the development of community to buy egotistical premierships!!
Campbell Brown (O&K), Akermanis (O&K), Anthony Rocca (KDFL) etc. etc, excrementally etc. ex AFL players paying down to play at DISTRICT level using platitudes like “giving back” to country footy as the promoters say on the radio and TV!!
Brown kicked ten goals for Greta for his once off payment. Not a bad earner for a shallow buggra.
What if? A team were trying to hit the finals and the AFL allows a recent AFL loser to get a permit to flog ‘em!
Longwood’s life is short now that people think that the lowest level premierships must go to the highest payers.
What about Byron Pickett playing a oncer for Longwood .. eh Carrot!!
Byron told me he last played AFL with Port in 2007 and is now 39 years old. “Had a run for my mate Matt Chillcott..” he told me. No cash involved
In 1977. A bloke who played for Footscray in the Grand Final of 1961 was a star at 40 years old in Longwood’s Premiership. Merv Hobbs.
Bitch’n whinger you losers call me!!
Have a look at Fev. Brendan Fevola. Signed up with Yarrawonga (OMFL Major League) to play, firstly .. home games only @ six G per game. But under contract in a MAJOR LEAGUE, home games only. Had a beer with Dan from the Yarra committee and he told me that Fev accepted 6 grand to play away at Myrtleford. Myrtleford were in for a flogging anyway and copped it. The gate drew $11k less $6k to Fev. Otherwise maybe $1.5k for Myrtleford. This out of contract game saw Fev give the $6k to the Royal Childrens Hospital.
Fev has a holiday house in Yarra and leads the selection of OMFL inter league games.
Meantime under 18s from major leagues losers ask for “salaries” in district community footy and give nothing back!!
That is all ..
message ends..

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

S

Y’know district level footy is the lowest level of standard as it is community based footy.
Blokes like Bobby Rose in the 60’s came from the VFL to play and coach at Wangaratta Rovers, major league footy. From top level to a major league for the season. Tommy Hafey coached Shepp to three premierships in the GVFL major league after his short playing days were finished and what he did after that was amazing!! RIP Tom Hafey.
District community footy foregoing the development of community to buy egotistical premierships!!
Campbell Brown (O&K), Akermanis (O&K), Anthony Rocca (KDFL) etc. etc, excrementally etc. ex AFL players paying down to play at DISTRICT level using platitudes like “giving back” to country footy as the promoters say on the radio and TV!!
Brown kicked ten goals for Greta for his once off payment. Not a bad earner for a shallow buggra.
What if? A team were trying to hit the finals and the AFL allows a recent AFL loser to get a permit to flog ‘em!
Longwood’s life is short now that people think that the lowest level premierships must go to the highest payers.
Byron told me he last played AFL with Port in 2007 and is now 39 years old. “Had a run for my mate Matt Chillcott..” he told me. No cash involved
In 1977. A bloke who played for Footscray in the Grand Final of 1961 was a star at 40 years old in Longwood’s Premiership. Merv Hobbs.
Have a look at Fev. Brendan Fevola. Signed up with Yarrawonga (OMFL Major League) to play, firstly .. home games only @ six G per game. But under contract in a MAJOR LEAGUE, home games only. Had a beer with Dan from the Yarra committee and he told me that Fev accepted 6 grand to play away at Myrtleford. Myrtleford were in for a flogging anyway and copped it. The gate drew $11k less $6k to Fev. Otherwise maybe $1.5k for Myrtleford. This out of contract game saw Fev give the $6k to the Royal Childrens Hospital.
Fev has a holiday house in Yarra and leads the selection of OMFL inter league games.
Meantime under 18s from major leagues losers ask for “salaries” in district community footy and give nothing back!!
That is all ..
message ends..
Summed it up with your first sentence John

A few weeks ago this league was copping a pasting regarding reports and media stories, since then all has been quiet. I'd check the Murray League over the past few weeks for some real action.

Last edited:

That is all ..
message ends..

Yer nothing worse then ex afl players doing that , but its ok if they play for nothing along with 5 boys who had come down form the tiwi islands.

J
would like to know what happened at violet town today?? the website shows not results after quarter time..
Jake Lloyd went down with a badly dislocated/broken ankle just before 1/4 time. The Rushy trainer did not want to move him until an ambulance arrived which was about an hour after the incident. I was told the league rules are if the game is stopped for longer than 1/2 hour prior to 1/2 time then the game is called off and both teams are awarded 2 points, but I stand corrected.
At the time VT were 5 - 1 to 2 points and were playing well, so was disappointing for the game to stop.

J

Jake Lloyd went down with a badly dislocated/broken ankle just before 1/4 time. The Rushy trainer did not want to move him until an ambulance arrived which was about an hour after the incident. I was told the league rules are if the game is stopped for longer than 1/2 hour prior to 1/2 time then the game is called off and both teams are awarded 2 points, but I stand corrected.
At the time VT were 5 - 1 to 2 points and were playing well, so was disappointing for the game to stop.

You are correct....however it is an AFL Vic Country rule and not just a league one. There have been a number of games called off at various stages across the state this season. If the game is stopped before half time the points are shared but if the game is stopped after half time the team in front on the scoreboard is awarded the victory.

I hope the bloke recovers ok. Sounds like a terrible injury. An hour is a long to,e to wait for an Ambo

Clap for Longwood
Your constant dribble is pathetic carrot.Do tell did Rose and Hafey coach for no$$$$$$ up bush?Do tell me why Longwood have to pay money to get players to play.Im of the opinion that Longwood population is cant sustain a side so the only way can get players is to pay$$$.So why would a player go to Longwood and get easy money when they could play better footy such as GV or go to a better club in the Kdfl.Sad fact is Longwood have no future in any comp.The end

Last edited:
J

That is terrible news.... Hope old mate didn't have to sit in too much pain whilst waiting 1 hour for the ambo.... Jake is a great footballer & ripping bloke to go with it.... Hopefully he can have a no complications speedy recovery & get back out the field at some stage, would hate to see this type of thing end his footy, let alone anyone for that matter! All footballers should get to walk away from the game on their own terms....

Good luck with your recovery Lloydy.... :thumbsu:

We
well that could possibly happen.. Wasn't at the mooroopna game instead goin to the gum.. This rumour could grow legs.. If not this year definately next year.. Can see the gum being up there for at least 2-3 years with Ozzie looking to jump on board!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back