KDFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could easily only have 5 senior players if some are playing cricket finals and Injuries/ work. So didak what was your thoughts on today's game? Talking to a merrigum lad who thought they played average against dookie and waaia and any more praccy games on the horizon? I've been told rumba are playing 5 praccy games which is unusually large number in my opinion.

If I was a senior coach I wouldn't bother if only 5 were available, that's crap. I agree I also thought we were pretty average. When you are mixing 3rds, reserves and senior players into the same game you are never going to be too impressive. Also that we haven't fielded anywhere near full strength either. That's the nature of a PRACTICE MATCH!!!
Still won all 3. What does it mean? Absolutely nothing.
I answered a question, that's all. What's everyone else doing?
I don't want to hear about the Gum or Lanky for the foreseeable future on here at the moment!!!!

Last edited:
"Lol" it was 20 min quarters, who has ever played 12 minutes (except basketball). "5 senior players" pfft ... I bet he claimed they lost by 2! I think your mates claims are a bit ridiculous.. Why would you have a practice match with 5 Senior players... The versions certainly do alter.
I get it, your a PDFL man and you can't believe it, KDFL sides can certainly beat your sides.
We haven't played anywhere near full strength. No one does in practice matches.
We still win though..
Settle down , I was only mentioning that I had heard a different view and that practice match versions alter drastically depending on which side of the fence you hear . The truth is generally somewhere in between . As for the time of quarters and lack of senior players , I was told it was due to the time the game started and that they , Waaia , are also playing in the Barooga night series .
Fwiw he had high praise for a couple of your big blokes .

If I was a senior coach I wouldn't bother if only 5 were available, that's crap. I agree I also thought we were pretty average. When you are mixing 3rds, reserves and senior players into the same game you are never going to be too impressive. Also that we haven't fielded anywhere near full strength either. That's the nature of a PRACTICE MATCH!!!
Still won all 3. What does it mean? Absolutely nothing.
I answered a question, that's all. What's everyone else doing?
I don't want to hear about the Gum or Lanky for the foreseeable future on here at the moment!!!!
All good dids, not every team has the luxury of having the majority of there senior team available. Watched bears vs barooga and could only tell of 7 senior players the rest where kids. Praccy games are good for dusting of the cobwebs. Who else has praccy games coming up? I know of tally vs quamby.

Is their any blokes or ladies on here that can fill us in on any teams other than LANCASTER or Merrigum
Stanhope played a praccy yesterday against Mitiamo. By all reports the game was pretty even when all said and done. Both sides had numerous players out as to be expected. Not sure on better players and who exactly was missing etc.

Also was told Lowey has put his hand up to coach Rushy(Was told this by a Rushworth local). Got in contact with the club Friday night letting them know his intentions to coach again at senior level. Not sure how true this is. Wasn't he heading to Ardy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see that undera have picked up the Palmer boys from shepp east aswell as bathman couple of handy pick ups.. Don't think the Palmer boys played last year did they..
Jones hasn't played since 2012
I see that undera have picked up the Palmer boys from shepp east aswell as bathman couple of handy pick ups.. Don't think the Palmer boys played last year did they..
jonse hasn't played since 2012 and Tyrone just a little bit here and there THey were pretty handy in there day tho

Settle down , I was only mentioning that I had heard a different view and that practice match versions alter drastically depending on which side of the fence you hear . The truth is generally somewhere in between . As for the time of quarters and lack of senior players , I was told it was due to the time the game started and that they , Waaia , are also playing in the Barooga night series .
Fwiw he had high praise for a couple of your big blokes .
How is the PDFL going operating within the Vic Government rules of the land? Word is their boss didnt even know the rules that are in place for football leagues across the state in relation to not being allowed to start their seasons before April!. Their first game is the same week as the Shepp Cricket Associations Grand Final and could have players missing the first week of the football season due to Cricket commitments, surely there should be atleast a weeks break inbetween Football and Cricket:eek:

Stanhope played a praccy yesterday against Mitiamo. By all reports the game was pretty even when all said and done. Both sides had numerous players out as to be expected. Not sure on better players and who exactly was missing etc.

Also was told Lowey has put his hand up to coach Rushy(Was told this by a Rushworth local). Got in contact with the club Friday night letting them know his intentions to coach again at senior level. Not sure how true this is. Wasn't he heading to Ardy?

Not so much lowey putting his hand up buddy. He was talking to a rushy local, and the rushy person asked if he was interested. Some contact was made and he said as he is currently working 2 jobs he doesnt have the time. said hed be at ardy, if he plays at all.

How is the PDFL going operating within the Vic Government rules of the land? Word is their boss didnt even know the rules that are in place for football leagues across the state in relation to not being allowed to start their seasons before April!. Their first game is the same week as the Shepp Cricket Associations Grand Final and could have players missing the first week of the football season due to Cricket commitments, surely there should be atleast a weeks break inbetween Football and Cricket:eek:
Laws of the land hey .
The same Victorian government determination that was to commence October 2013 yet signed off on in feb 2014 ? Or the one that states that the only obligation of a football or cricket league/ organisation is to announce their finals 4 weeks prior to them commencing . The bit that states that all onus is upon the football and cricket clubs and ground manager to arrange fixturing outside of a said time frame. Or the bit where written permission has been provided almost six weeks ago ?
As for space between cricket and football seasons , I agree but when clubs express a keen wish to pay there respects to the previously fallen soldiers upon a year of anniversary and the other league wishes to have easter off , wouldn't it be negligent of a league to structure games upon those days when the rules and regulations they are bound to requires then to act in the best interests of those clubs ? Also doesn't help when cricket has been pushed back .
Word the boss didn't know , correct the leagues operations manager didn't know and neither did many others in the same role as the document was not circulated .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back