KDFL April 06 -Sept 06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

subtle hustle said:
Anyone else read this crap on the kdfl website.
"The Award for the club with the most publicized Player goes to Ardmona, the interest that Perry Meka generates among the league and the football fraternity throughout the Goulburn & Murray Valleys areas is enormous and it will be a sad day when the great man decides it is time to pursue another sport and leave football after such a distinguished and successful career, maybe Perry would join me playing bowls Saturday afternoons, no forget that, he would beat me."

Interest he generates???
What, in knowing what low act or stunt he's pulled lately?

great man???
Yeah, he's all class on the field isn't he.

Sad day when he retires???
Maybe for morons like this pieces author, but for people who want to go to the footy and watch a game played in good spirits we say good riddance to a dirty old trouble maker.

Perhaps this glowing endorsement is proof of why he's allowed to man-handle teenagers who are spectating or Run-through Spectators as they leave a huddle, without any consequences from the League officials.

Now, that's Pathetic.

:thumbsdown::mad::eek: :( :rolleyes: :eek: (thats all I can say).

subtle hustle said:
Anyone else read this crap on the kdfl website.
"The Award for the club with the most publicized Player goes to Ardmona, the interest that Perry Meka generates among the league and the football fraternity throughout the Goulburn & Murray Valleys areas is enormous and it will be a sad day when the great man decides it is time to pursue another sport and leave football after such a distinguished and successful career, maybe Perry would join me playing bowls Saturday afternoons, no forget that, he would beat me."

Interest he generates???
What, in knowing what low act or stunt he's pulled lately?

great man???
Yeah, he's all class on the field isn't he.

Sad day when he retires???
Maybe for morons like this pieces author, but for people who want to go to the footy and watch a game played in good spirits we say good riddance to a dirty old trouble maker.

Perhaps this glowing endorsement is proof of why he's allowed to man-handle teenagers who are spectating or Run-through Spectators as they leave a huddle, without any consequences from the League officials.

Now, that's Pathetic.

quality article that. really top stuff. full of mistakes. personally, i liked the "the dynamic trio of brothers Emmett, Nick and captain Joe O'Connor". First off, Nic 's the captain and secondly, didnt know emmett was a brother, means mum would have popped out 3 kids in 2 months!! :eek:

Have given me mate Joeyboy a sporting chance to win back the slab I got from him at the HDFL finals last week - he's taken his beloved Swans and Im on Rushy for an upset in the 3rds to make it 2 slabs Im owed.

In other games Stanhope in a hopeful close one for us spectators to enjoy, and Ardmona by 29 points in the curtain raiser.

one thing you have got me to do subtle hustle is have a look at the website. the kdfl site is pretty informative but the article you mention i have some queries. why does the league let a 7 year old write it.
looking forward to though seeing meka play. so far he has pushed over a spectator, hit a 15 year old kid, ran round like an "aeroplane" and argued with all the opposing supporters. maybe hell play nude satdy or shimmy the goal post and eat bananas.

ringo1 said:
one thing you have got me to do subtle hustle is have a look at the website. the kdfl site is pretty informative but the article you mention i have some queries. why does the league let a 7 year old write it.
looking forward to though seeing meka play. so far he has pushed over a spectator, hit a 15 year old kid, ran round like an "aeroplane" and argued with all the opposing supporters. maybe hell play nude satdy or shimmy the goal post and eat bananas.

Yeah Graeme Byrns writes it, normally not a bad read, but definately off the mark with Meka, not all publicity is good publicity!

hello Mappo tend to agree a bit about PEZ but lm a little bit worried that you dont think we at the tonnypub wouldnt give away free beer to lure a good footballer to our club

jobbytonny said:
hello Mappo tend to agree a bit about PEZ but lm a little bit worried that you dont think we at the tonnypub wouldnt give away free beer to lure a good footballer to our club

Could this really be me old mate and former Swans Magoo's coach??? Welcome aboard if it is u Jobby :thumbsu:

ringo1 said:

A lot of leagues could learn from the KDFL's website. The layout may not be the best, but it has excellent information (the GV's website is the total opposite).

The_timid_turkey said:
Grand Final Predictions

Seniors- Ardy by 23 points
Reserves- Ardy by 37 points
Thirds- Avenel by 52 points

Stanhope by 8 goals
Ardy by 3 goals
Rushy by 2 goals

jobbytonny said:

Please don't tell me my mentor and hero has joined us. Congrats on the new Bub and we will be up to have some of that free beer to celebrate. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The_timid_turkey said:
Grand Final Predictions

Seniors- Ardy by 23 points
Reserves- Ardy by 37 points
Thirds- Avenel by 52 points

Seniors- Stanhope by 16
Reserves- Tally (but hard to seperate)
Thirds- Avenel by 4

bradrowe#32 said:
A lot of leagues could learn from the KDFL's website. The layout may not be the best, but it has excellent information (the GV's website is the total opposite).
Spot on there brad. The layouts for all the VCFL provided websites are the same though, what's important is the information you put on them and that it's updated regularly.

The GV website is terrible. They need to either scrap their new McMedia one or revamp it totally, or just stick with the VCFL one so everyone knows what's going on. If you go looking for results via their new site, it just redirects you to the VCFL information anyway.

I note the O&M have now gone back to using their VCFL one too. It's updated regularly and provides plenty of information.

Anyway, well done to the KDFL for having a fair dinkum crack at theirs.

bradrowe#32 said:
I'm really enjoying the anti-Ardmona sentiment.

Keep it up.

Personally, I think you should run with it, turn it into a "Us vs Them" sort of thing, because it works.

Have you ever heard the logo for Millwall FC in England ? (who have earned a similar reputation to Ardmona's but on a much larger scale), It states "Nobody likes us, We don't care !", I think you guys should take that and turn it into your mission statement.

My predictions are as follows.

Thirds.
Avenel have been the standout team all season, they've only lost one game for the year, and although Rushy were impressive against a suprisingly lacklustre Nagambie last week, the Swans to take this one out easily.

Seconds.
This is the ideal Grand Final in the two's because they have been the best two sides in it all season, and although Tally were average against Ardy the last time they played, I think that this was an abberation (The way that they outplayed Lanky proves this), and that they should still have enough over Ardmona, even with the inclusion of Dan Reidy & Dave Marsters for the Grand Final.

Seniors.
There's no doubting that Ardmona would want to hit Stanhope early and hard, but with the disappointment of last season still evident, & thier younger players ability to stand tall when they did this the last time, i'm predicting that with the warmer weather, and the exhaution that Ardmona must feel after playing such a tough game last week, should see Stanhope win the premiership by over 10 goals, in what i'm sure will be a stellar performance.

See you all Saturday (If anyone's interested, i'll be handing out drinks to the umpires, doing Interchange Steward for the 3rds and making sure that none of the toilets run out of paper, so if you see a fat bloke in a Murch shirt doing any of these things on Saturday, that'll be me.)

Yes boys its me jobby l was talking to the bloke who seems to be going to play or coach everyside next year 'the rattle snake' and he told me about this site so l thought l would get on board.
My winners for the weekend
Stanhope only because they had the break
Tally
Avenel , but there is nothing like a side riding a wave of emotion like Rushy

Butthe big question is how long before Avenel and Naganbie join forces and yes dont start just think about it before you abuse me

Prediction time-
I'll stick with Stanhope to win by 40+
Ardmona to come out in the first quarter and try and ruff up the young lions.
Spotfires all day.
Meka to kick three, all from inside the goalsquare. Will annonunce his retirement for the 10th year running come next mondays shepp news.
Wishart to give ferrari a lesson.
Rick Sheers to take Mark of the day.
Hoota grey to get the medal.

Should be a good day.

jobbytonny said:
Yes boys its me jobby l was talking to the bloke who seems to be going to play or coach everyside next year 'the rattle snake' and he told me about this site so l thought l would get on board.
Tally

Butthe big question is how long before Avenel and Naganbie join forces and yes dont start just think about it before you abuse me

It can't be the the real Jobby. There is no way he would imagine such a horrible thought.

But realistically I wonder if there ever would be a Tahbilk Footy Club instead of the two.

Predictions:

In the seniors I think Stanhope will be too good and win by 4-5 goals. Stanhope have everything going for them: they have had the wood on Ardy for the last couple of years; they have had the week's break while Ardy had a tough one last week; they are relatively injury free, while Ardy have a few doubts over some players and they will still be hurting from last year.

However, if Ardy can play the brilliant footy they have played in patches this year, then they are in with a chance. Stanhope usually don't allow them to.

Ardy should win the ressies by 2-3 goals and Avenel will win the thirds by 4 goals.

jobbytonny said:
Tally

I am only a relative newcomer to the KDFL, but I cannot understand why these two clubs would need to merge. Nagambie would be closest to the biggest town in the KDFL and Avenel is not a tiny town. Both these clubs have enjoyed a fair degree of success in the last decade at senior level. The Nagambie and Avenel thirds played off for the Grand Final last year and they Avenel finished on top this year undefeated, with Nagambie finishing third. Surely with producing this many quality youngsters, with good management then it should lead to senior success. I know kids head to uni etc, but this happens to all clubs. What would happen to the thirds if these two teams did join? Would they produce only 1 team and dominate the league even more so than Avenel have this year? Keep as many clubs going as possible I reckon. Are there any other factors that I am not aware of?

just signed said:
I am only a relative newcomer to the KDFL, but I cannot understand why these two clubs would need to merge. Nagambie would be closest to the biggest town in the KDFL and Avenel is not a tiny town. Both these clubs have enjoyed a fair degree of success in the last decade at senior level. The Nagambie and Avenel thirds played off for the Grand Final last year and they Avenel finished on top this year undefeated, with Nagambie finishing third. Surely with producing this many quality youngsters, with good management then it should lead to senior success. I know kids head to uni etc, but this happens to all clubs. What would happen to the thirds if these two teams did join? Would they produce only 1 team and dominate the league even more so than Avenel have this year? Keep as many clubs going as possible I reckon. Are there any other factors that I am not aware of?

JS, couldnt agree more, there are no other factors involved and a merger between these 2 clubs is 100 years off. No success this year but both clubs have blooded many youngsters and if they continue along the same lines while not going mad and spending up big to get 10 blow-ins they will develop well in the coming 3-4 years. Keep the kids, develop them, bring in 2-4 key players and both clubs will rebound. Dont disenfranchise the youth that are coming thru by trying to 'buy a flag' as many clubs do, it will take some time but it will be worth it. The biggest problem is not having the stability at the helm, others with differing attitudes will come in and, because of the lack of recent success on the board, want to buy a flag. For what it's worth some people need to put their own egos on the backburner for a couple of years while they develop the kids AND DO WHAT IS BEST FOR EACH TOWN IN THE LONG RUN, NOT THE SHORT TERM 'FIX' !! :p

just signed said:

Valid point just signed, both clubs have good third sides. A number of blokes head to Seymour to play a better standard of footy. There are a number of Avenel and Nagambie blokes playing for Seymour this year.

The_timid_turkey said:
Valid point just signed, both clubs have good third sides. A number of blokes head to Seymour to play a better standard of footy. There are a number of Avenel and Nagambie blokes playing for Seymour this year.

From last years thirds premiership side, only two that where to old to play thirds again played seniors this year. Even that was after they started the year at Wedderburn and in Melbourne. We had a few move away for Uni but the main reason seemed to be Seymour. Which is great for the guys like Mutt Foot, and Greeny the year before, to be trying there hand at a higher level. We also had Junior who stayed at the club, but wasn't allowed to play untill the last couple of games due to him Cracking some vertebrea in a car accident. Although he didn't end up playing at all, he is one we could look to next year.
We know have the fortune of the O'Connor boys who we pray that we can hold onto, to supplement Tommy who was one of the guys we got back. Jacko Wheeler is another one that we should be trying to keep at the club. where we struggle to keep these guy's (and I'm sure all other clubs have their own problems in this regard with Shepparton etc) is the fact they want to try footy at the better level, and honestly who would stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back