KDFL April 06 -Sept 06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

Just a few interesting ones from the league medal last night.

* Corey Carver kicked 5 goals from the midfield on sat'd but didn't recieve a vote, yet a young guy from nagambie got 2 votes even though the margin was 140 plus points. Surely in a win as big as that the winning team has the three best players?

* Brendan white received three votes for his game against Girgarre, in which he only played 1 and a half quarters before goin off with a knee injury. Perhaps the umps thought his form on the bench was quite good?

* Lancaster vs Stanhope, Hooda was BOG from most peoples point of view yet didn't recieve a vote at all.

There was a couple of others like that.
Any other interesting ones out your way Lingy or Tavis?

cosby said:

* Corey Carver kicked 5 goals from the midfield on sat'd but didn't recieve a vote, yet a young guy from nagambie got 2 votes even though the margin was 140 plus points. Surely in a win as big as that the winning team has the three best players?

* Brendan white received three votes for his game against Girgarre, in which he only played 1 and a half quarters before goin off with a knee injury. Perhaps the umps thought his form on the bench was quite good?

* Lancaster vs Stanhope, Hooda was BOG from most peoples point of view yet didn't recieve a vote at all.

Stanhope won by 10 goals on the weekend and Rassy got 1 vote he played a good game but i thought didnt deserve a vote as we had better players out there like Magget Emmet who kicked 7 goals 5 and didnt recieve a vote, Hoota to me was 2nd best after Magget yet was also overlooked. Both the players that recieved votes for us only put in 2 quarter efforts and took out the 3 and 2 votes. Also Lowey was tipped by everyone to get the 3 votes in the last game and didnt get a vote... Big Huggy took out the 3 and from what was said didnt paly all that well....So the umps that we had and Ardy had in the last round either cost Hoot or Lowey the Medal. Well atleast there is a bigger prize on offer at the end for these two boys.

got around the traps on saturdy and heard a rumour that scott watson from euroa is looking to go to the swans nest next season, if thats the case euroa could struggle abit, but huge gain for avenel if true:thumbsu:

mike ockerts said:
got around the traps on saturdy and heard a rumour that scott watson from euroa is looking to go to the swans nest next season, if thats the case euroa could struggle abit, but huge gain for avenel if true:thumbsu:
mike - Assume he would be playing coach at the Swans?

Very good communicator and a top bloke as well.

Duff Man said:
mike - Assume he would be playing coach at the Swans?

Very good communicator and a top bloke as well.

not sure on the playing, perhaps mappo could clear this up, but agree with what you said of the man himself:thumbsu:

mike ockerts said:
not sure on the playing, perhaps mappo could clear this up, but agree with what you said of the man himself:thumbsu:

To be honest I have no idea. I know that there is a number of people the club is talking to and have been very happy with where we stand at the moment. The club would love these people around and as you seen with our young blokes on the weekend I think we can look forward to next year.:thumbsu:

Mappo said:
To be honest I have no idea. I know that there is a number of people the club is talking to and have been very happy with where we stand at the moment. The club would love these people around and as you seen with our young blokes on the weekend I think we can look forward to next year.:thumbsu:

agreed, there are some good kids, and with the right man in charge and recruits, i can see a bright 07 at the swans nest, watson would be ideal for this, wouldnt you have to say mappo, and if he did get the job he would play as well?

Have I missed something here lads, thought all the talk was a Pearce/Rattray joint venture :confused:

mike ockerts said:
agreed, there are some good kids, and with the right man in charge and recruits, i can see a bright 07 at the swans nest, watson would be ideal for this, wouldnt you have to say mappo, and if he did get the job he would play as well?

i thought pearce was the man for the job?

Doona2 said:
Have I missed something here lads, thought all the talk was a Pearce/Rattray joint venture :confused:

so did i, thats until i heard the whispers on the weekend;)

Maybe showy#1 can get us up to speed on all this :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mike ockerts said:
so did i, thats until i heard the whispers on the weekend;)

Lets not get carried away guys. No one has said anything about anyone being a sure thing. There is always going to be talk or whispers, the club has planted the seed in a few areas to provide options thats all.:)

Mappo said:
Lets not get carried away guys. No one has said anything about anyone being a sure thing. There is always going to be talk or whispers, the club has planted the seed in a few areas to provide options thats all.:)

True mappo . . . . respect :thumbsu:

:confused: What happened at Avenel with the 2's? Nestle's own Joe Pollock got dropped to qualify for the 2's finals that the Swans wont even contest

Doona2 said:
True mappo . . . . respect :thumbsu:

That's :cool: Doon.

Has anybody got their tips sorted out for the weekend. Who will be the shining lights. In all grades.

carlton_86 said:
hey bodzy did you notice i got more league votes in 1's then 2's

I'm assuming that would be against girgarre when you got votes mate....? not surprised to be honest.
How do you know this holmesy? where did you see the league votes? your not talking about the timekeepers ones are ya, or are you talking about the real deal votes? If you do know the league votes for the ones for VT could you do us a favour and post them or a top 6 list or something with there amount if possible... cheers bud!

BODZY#32 said:
I'm assuming that would be against girgarre when you got votes mate....? not surprised to be honest.
How do you know this holmesy? where did you see the league votes? your not talking about the timekeepers ones are ya, or are you talking about the real deal votes? If you do know the league votes for the ones for VT could you do us a favour and post them or a top 6 list or something with there amount if possible... cheers bud!

1. MACAK, Frank Violet Town 10
2. HARRISON, Bo Violet Town 7
3. ABLEY, Gary Violet Town 5
4. ANDERSON, Christopher Violet Town 5
5. BODYCOAT, JAMES Violet Town 5
6. DUKIC, Thomas Violet Town 4
7. HORSBURGH, SEAN Violet Town 4
8. KUBEIL, LYNDON Violet Town 3
9. SAKER, THOMAS Violet Town 3
10. HOLMES, MATTHEW Violet Town 2

Mate the link that was posted yesterday takes you straight to them, on the bottom of the page it has a link to the Bennett's Sports award and McNamara medal, if you click on the McNamara Medal link you can look at all votes from all teams

click on this address and it will give you VT's votes
http://kyabramdfl.vcfl.com.au/toptenawards.asp?team=17192&comp=3911&orgid=364&dimension=1&field=1

cosby said:

The leagues umpires can't make the correct decisions let alone chose the correct players to get votes on a saturday. Taking nothing away from Molisak but the last time rushy played tally he would of had about 15 touches they got beat and luke ratcliff was there best by a mile yet couldn't get a vote.

Tips for this week:

Elimination Final
Yea to defeat Rushy by about 4 goals
Rushy have impressed, but the two times I've watched Yea they have performed very well. They should be able to get over an inexperienced Rushy.

Qualifying Final
Ardy to defeat Lancaster by 2 goals
They only played once and Ardy won pretty comfortably. If they play to the occasion I reckon Ardy should be able to get up, just.

roaring tiger said:
The leagues umpires can't make the correct decisions let alone chose the correct players to get votes on a saturday. Taking nothing away from Molisak but the last time rushy played tally he would of had about 15 touches they got beat and luke ratcliff was there best by a mile yet couldn't get a vote.

The Shepp News has had Tim Bone taking the set penalty last week after being reported against Stanhope. I heard that he was going to fight the charge in a bid to play in the elmination final is this right Roaring Tiger??

On The Money said:
The Shepp News has had Tim Bone taking the set penalty last week after being reported against Stanhope. I heard that he was going to fight the charge in a bid to play in the elmination final is this right Roaring Tiger??

Im confused did Tim even take the set penalty & if so will get a fair hearing if he did admit some guilt last Satdy? We all wanna see the best players playing finals so good luck to Tim & Rushy tonight at the tribunal :thumbsu:

Bit misleading below as Yea will be missing 3 of their best 18 thru injury.

Yea at peak of powers

August 31 2006
Shepparton News

Yea co-coach Adrian Wilson has confirmed the Southern Tigers will enter Sunday's elimination final with a full list at their disposal.

For the first time this season, the reigning Central Goulburn Football League premiers will have up to 26 players to select from, which looms ominously for Rushworth.

"It's a good position to be in," Wilson said yesterday.

"I think it's the first time it's happened this year, but it's the right time for it to be happening.

"We know Rushworth will be a tough opponent, but we're in the finals and we're chasing a premiership."

During the course of the season, the Southern Tigers have slowly gathered momentum, with many pundits believing they have what it takes to climb this year's summit.

But according to the man in charge of their destiny, the fruits of their labour will only be realised through honest hard work.

"We've probably exceeded many people's expectations, including our own, but that won't count for anything if we lose on the weekend," Wilson said.

"They played very well when they knocked us off and we played very poorly.

"We've picked up a few handy players since then, but it should be interesting."

While the Southern Tigers will enter the cut throat encounter without a worry in the world, Rushworth has already lost utility Tim Bone through suspension.

Bone accepted a one-week penalty for striking at the weekend, while hard-working onballer Ivan Rakic will front the tribunal tomorrow night on a misconduct charge.
Yea plays Rushworth at Ardmona from 2 pm.

Tips for this weekend
Seniors
Lancaster V Ardmona (5pts)- could go either way
Yea V Rushworth (10 pts) - will step up at finals time
Reserves
Ardmona V Stanhope (20 pts) - I think saucehead will play at FF and smash em
Lancaster V Undera (15 pts) - can't see either team going far in finals but lancy slightly better team imo
Thirds
Lancaster V Nagambie (35 pts) - Young Lakers will make a statement
Yea V Rushworth (50 pts)- one of 3 teams i think can win it (avenel & nagambie the other 2)
Good luck to all finals competitors this weekend:thumbsu:

yea have a very handy thirds side when they're full strength albo, but i would imagine they would have at least ash walsh and possibly daniel belsten playing seniors this week, so they wont be near the strength they were at against the swans. also, if rushworth get rolled in the ones, i would imagine shane lambden would drop down to the thirds for the rest of finals, who would be as good as anyone in thirds. i reckon it'll be lakers playing swans again for the title, which i think would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back