KDFL June 07 -August 07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

I'm not totally against having Violet Town host a final (and you can't do much about the surface, because of the conditions), I'm just saying, why is it that Tally seem to host a Prelim. every year, and Merrigum a Semi Final every year, and Rushworth getting a final all the time, when the likes of Girgarre and Avenel who have better grounds & facilities don't seem to host their fair share of finals (BTW, I'm all for sharing finals around, it's just the one's that they've selected that I have an issue with).

Also, I believe that Undera & Lancaster should've been given a final as compensation for being stooged in regards to the Grand Final being at Mooroopna, because they are far better places to host finals compared to what they've allocated.

I knew that Murch wouldn't get a final, that was a given, but I still believe that Lancaster & Undera have been badly done by in this issue.

Undera's ground and facilities aren't that good either wayde perhaps thats the reason for them not hosting a final. I think the league trys to give every club a final every 2nd year which i think is fair on everyone.

With two rounds to go, I'll have a crack at the possible team chances for the league medal. Feel free to add or delete as you see fit, if you can be bothered.

Avenel - Kanters Arandt Marra

Rushy - Rasmussen Lambden

Stanhope - Grinton Mason Trist

Ardmona - Sanders Saunders Ferrari Rachele

VT - Walker Marguglio

Tally - Best Frappell Ralph Osborne

Lancy - Mitchell Thomas

Undera - Pell Stoertebecker Godsmark

I don't think the lower sides will poll enough votes

I could be completely wrong but the two early favourites might possibly be Best and Walker

Man what a great article, I do think two bit thugs is over rating them though.:)
You are all weak as piss you don't like Ardmona cos we are hard at the footy if you dont like the hard stuff go an find another sport b.itch. every team supporters are all the same there no different to the ardy supporters

haha, yeah actually might be in the same weight division, he is a stick like me, although I would have to watch the kicks and headbuts(the ones to the back of the head might be a bit hard to dodge!).
Hank now now no need to say that i'm a king hitter cos you would see me comin if i was goin to hit you but what is that goin to prove.

captain catdog, tonny would beat the merry peka **** sucking clan any day of the week, old mate. good to see ya got good form in the 2's keep up the good work.:thumbsu:
Some how i dont think tonny would beat us. that it old mate got some form back hopefully i turn it on against stanhope 1's or 2's doesn't matter to me as long as i play footy an enjoy it

Hank now now no need to say that i'm a king hitter cos you would see me comin if i was goin to hit you but what is that goin to prove.

Busy day on BigFooty Catdog, pretty hard to see where your coming from mate, one minute your saying Tim Keegan told me to say this and that, and now you have said you are Tim Keegan (not sure if you need to tell yourself what to post on here:confused:), then you wanted to settle our little spat with fists, and now you say what is that going to prove:confused::confused:
Mate all the best in the finals, whatever grade you are playing, no use me talking it up because as you say I wont be involved, although I will be barracking hard for Stanhope's 3 sides to get over the line. Cheers.

Ardmona, its juices flowing, deserves a good canning
Paul Daffey | August 14, 2007

AS A journalist who writes about local footy, I go to many games. Usually, I find myself supporting one team over the other. But never have I barracked as hard as I did for the home team in the Tallygaroopna-Ardmona match last Saturday.
Ardmona played like two-bit thugs. When the final siren signalled victory to Tallygaroopna by four goals, I was among those whose roar of approval could be heard across the Goulburn Valley.
The match was between the teams ranked fourth and second in the Kyabram District Football League. During the function at half-time, a league official was spruiking the decision to play this year's grand final at the ground of a Goulburn Valley league club, Mooroopna, in the hope of attracting more spectators.
But from what I saw on Saturday, Kyabram league officials should be hoping that people stay at home if Ardmona, the premier, makes the grand final.
An air of malice hung over the ground. Whenever there was a contest, I braced myself in anticipation of a cheap shot. More often than not, a Tallygaroopna player emerged from the contest holding his head.
The villain in the crowd's eyes was Perry Meka, the full-forward who has kicked almost 2500 goals in country footy, including a good number with Ardmona. Meka was playing his first game after serving a two-match suspension — reduced from six games on appeal — for belting an Avenel supporter after a recent match.
Whenever the 40-year-old dropped a chest mark or missed a goal from close range, which, uncharacteristically, was often, he was hooted. His performance suggested that the uproar over his appeal had shaken him. Apart from the odd histrionic appeal for a free kick, Meka went out of his way to be a good citizen.
But spectators continued to jeer him because they regard him as responsible for Ardmona's lamentable culture. Meka was playing-coach when the Cats acquired a reputation for what euphemistically might be called combativeness.
The club has its share of outsiders — Meka is a Muslim of Albanian descent, while there are a handful of Aboriginal players — but, if Saturday is any guide, the club has the biggest chip on its shoulder that I've seen in a decade of covering local footy.
After four quarters of exhilarating football mixed in with sniping, the worst moment came late in the game when Tallygaroopna's playing-coach Robert Osborne took a towering grab on the edge of the goal square. An Ardmona defender rode him into the ground before cuffing him over the ears. A brawl, of course, ensued.
After the match, two police stood near the umpires' rooms, defusing a volatile situation with their presence.
In the Tallygaroopna rooms, Redlegs president Dennis Patterson was beside himself with glee at his club's stirring victory over such a hated rival.
The feeling in the Tallygaroopna rooms was as happy as I could remember.
It was the circumstances that made it such a good win that were sad.
You all must get over it just think ARDMONA have three sides that might get in to finals. by the way i got that on video footage and tally retaliated an made it worse than what it was

Busy day on BigFooty Catdog, pretty hard to see where your coming from mate, one minute your saying Tim Keegan told me to say this and that, and now you have said you are Tim Keegan (not sure if you need to tell yourself what to post on here:confused:), then you wanted to settle our little spat with fists, and now you say what is that going to prove:confused::confused:
Mate all the best in the finals, whatever grade you are playing, no use me talking it up because as you say I wont be involved, although I will be barracking hard for Stanhope's 3 sides to get over the line. Cheers.
I just wanted to see the response from every1 an it worked an i never said that it was on fergz post. i thought about it no need for me to fight i just have to prove it on the ground

so the guy in that article is basically saying, that an albanian muslim and aboriginal players, are the cause of all the problems at Ardmona? :confused:

Whatever you say plastic shepgirl hows your team travelling b.itch

Wow, witty response, it must have taken you about 11 hours to come up with that one. You must have chicken Meka blood flowing through your veins.

Oh, and Einstein, dont confuse where I live with whom I barrrack for.

I'm not totally against having Violet Town host a final (and you can't do much about the surface, because of the conditions), I'm just saying, why is it that Tally seem to host a Prelim. every year, and Merrigum a Semi Final every year, and Rushworth getting a final all the time, when the likes of Girgarre and Avenel who have better grounds & facilities don't seem to host their fair share of finals (BTW, I'm all for sharing finals around, it's just the one's that they've selected that I have an issue with).

Also, I believe that Undera & Lancaster should've been given a final as compensation for being stooged in regards to the Grand Final being at Mooroopna, because they are far better places to host finals compared to what they've allocated.

I knew that Murch wouldn't get a final, that was a given, but I still believe that Lancaster & Undera have been badly done by in this issue.

Wayde , Tally had a prelim last year for the first time in a few years , it was said that because our facitlitys wernt up to scatch , and we didnt have enough parking , but with the new rooms and one of the best grounds in the league at the moment why shouldnt we , murch has had so many finals in the last 10 years it wont hurt for them to miss out neither will it for lancy or undera

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i thought u were taking the piss, but then i went to the kdfl website and it says we play stanhope, thats wrong head, we play murch, so its really 2nd v 12th, not as good as the game u thought was happening... should be a good nite, think most of the old fellas r heading back for it.. the pezzas said macca is coming all the way down, now thts a real towner for ya. true committment.
So why don't one of these well paid League Execs fix the bastad up. It,s obviously been that way year. Tired Bastads.:confused:

so the guy in that article is basically saying, that an albanian muslim and aboriginal players, are the cause of all the problems at Ardmona? :confused:

yeah there my thought's aswell. for clublike Ardmona with NO TOWN the club has servived a long time with 30 odd peole living there mostly orchardist and the player may come from far and wide but that thats what make them so strong 1 jumper 1 club so all you keyboard THUGS who have been bagging ARDMONA i hope there get there and win the flag again???:thumbsu:

yeah there my thought's aswell. for clublike Ardmona with NO TOWN the club has servived a long time with 30 odd peole living there mostly orchardist and the player may come from far and wide but that thats what make them so strong 1 jumper 1 club so all you keyboard THUGS who have been bagging ARDMONA i hope there get there and win the flag again???:thumbsu:

Who's doing what now:confused::confused:

Tips

Lancaster vs Nagambie - Lancaster by 38 points.

Yea vs Merrigum - Merrigum in an upset by 25 points.

Rushworth vs Undera - big game, match of the round, Rushworth by 16 points.

Stanhope vs Tallygaroopna - Stanhope too strong by 35 points.

Avenel vs Girgarre - another good game, but Avenel should win by 20 points.

Violet Town vs Murchison - Millsy 8, VT by 110 points.

Anyone give Avenel a chance of playing Finals this year?
not this year mate they will miss out on %

the top 4 is set
Stanhope
Violet Town
Ardmona
Tally

My predictions for 5th:
5/6/7 will all finish on 11 wins unfortunately avenel's % is about 30% behind undera and 40% behind rushy.
Avenel to finish 7th
I'm tipping rushy to beat undera at home then lose to tally away.
undera will play yea at home in the final round and will be desperately trying to bridge the % gap and slide into 5th.
Not sure how much they wil need to win by to make up approx 10% in one game but it could be possible. however i think rushy will get over the line.

so my final five (unchanged from now)
Stanhope
Violet Town
Ardmona
Tally
Rushy

Elimination Tally v Rushy
Qualifying Violet Town v Ardmona

1st semi Ardmona V Tally
2nd semi Stanhope V Violet Town

Prelim Violet Town V Tally

Grand Final
Stanhope V Violet Town

not this year mate they will miss out on %

the top 4 is set
Stanhope
Violet Town
Ardmona
Tally

My predictions for 5th:
5/6/7 will all finish on 11 wins unfortunately avenel's % is about 30% behind undera and 40% behind rushy.
Avenel to finish 7th
I'm tipping rushy to beat undera at home then lose to tally away.
undera will play yea at home in the final round and will be desperately trying to bridge the % gap and slide into 5th.
Not sure how much they wil need to win by to make up approx 10% in one game but it could be possible. however i think rushy will get over the line.

so my final five (unchanged from now)
Stanhope
Violet Town
Ardmona
Tally
Rushy

Elimination Tally v Rushy
Qualifying Violet Town v Ardmona

1st semi Ardmona V Tally
2nd semi Stanhope V Violet Town

Prelim Violet Town V Tally

Grand Final
Stanhope V Violet Town

You are probably right there elbow, but I reckon Undera would be stiff to miss out, they have been very competitive all year and I think may have beaten Tally twice

Ardmona should change the spelling of their name to ArdMOANER.

That is all those piss weak monkeys do. Moan Moan Moan.
You are a f.uckwit mate. Thats all you tossers on here have been doing lately, Moaning about ardy. Hows the form of the clubs that had to hold a special little girls dibber dobber meeting at stanhope, You weak as piss morons, Get a life. I notice sev cortese mentioned something bout violet town... Anyone care to elaborate??

You are a f.uckwit mate. Thats all you tossers on here have been doing lately, Moaning about ardy. Hows the form of the clubs that had to hold a special little girls dibber dobber meeting at stanhope, You weak as piss morons, Get a life. I notice sev cortese mentioned something bout violet town... Anyone care to elaborate??
Spoke to VT Person about this and he told me that no fees were owed to the KDFL, it was the VCFL account, without VT knowing KDFL paid it for them, apparently VT & VCFL had an issue early in the year and this was a sort of protest, don't think theres too much wrong with their finances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back