KDFL June 07 -August 07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

If you are playing for the seconds looks like you get picked after the girls.

Maybe the netball club has a spot for you?

Back to the game, I reckon it will be a Stanhope v. Violet Town Grand Final.
Come to ARDMONA on saturday an watch a real game of football and you will see some skillful football bein played by both teams in all 3 grades an maybe if your lucky enough you can get Perry Meka's signature

Back to the game, I reckon it will be a Stanhope v. Violet Town Grand Final.

Yeh, interesting how there hasn't been much said about VT lately.. Most of the talk has centred on Ardy and Stanhope, but VT'd give themselves a real chance if they hit their best form over the coming weeks. I spoke to a few blokes from Undera after our game on the weekend and they, too, are pretty confident, esp given their good showing against Stanhope. Anyone been watching Tally lately? Couldn't believe they lost by so much against Stanhope, yet pretty sure they beat Ardy the week before that..

Is it fair to assume that with finals looming the VT boys have imposed a big footy ban?? Haven't heard from any of the boys for a while..

Yeh, interesting how there hasn't been much said about VT lately.. Most of the talk has centred on Ardy and Stanhope, but VT'd give themselves a real chance if they hit their best form over the coming weeks. I spoke to a few blokes from Undera after our game on the weekend and they, too, are pretty confident, esp given their good showing against Stanhope. Anyone been watching Tally lately? Couldn't believe they lost by so much against Stanhope, yet pretty sure they beat Ardy the week before that..

Is it fair to assume that with finals looming the VT boys have imposed a big footy ban?? Haven't heard from any of the boys for a while..

Surprised our boys would say they are confidant Tav, we haven't made the finals yet and if we do, we have only beaten one of the teams in there and only by small margins. Sure you aren't stirring the pot?:)

Don't know if there is a self imposed ban by the boys or not tav but Gezza ryan is a big loss to the side. has been more than handy for the side off the back line since returning to the side.

Nah no ban Tav, i still get on every second day and have a quick look, just haven't had anything interesting to add....

It's unfortunate for you guys (unless you pull off a miracle in winning and Undera losing) that you aren't in the finals, but i'm glad we most likely won't see you guys again until next year as you match up really well against our boys.

We will be looking to play smart running footy non stop for four quarters on the weekend no matter what the final scoreline looks.
I'm just aching to have a crack the following Saturday against Ardy in the qualifying final.....
They smashed us last time and we have a lot to prove to ourselves, we only had half our best side in that day but they beat us all round the ground so were all pumped up to get through it and hopefully get the chance to take on Stanhope in the semis!

Out of the teams playing in the finals, just wondering how everyones lists are looking in terms of injuries and how far off players are on returning or whether there at full fitness?
We'll have about five out this weekend and were hoping three of them will be right for our clash against ardy, but how are the other four teams looking?

Surprised our boys would say they are confidant Tav, we haven't made the finals yet and if we do, we have only beaten one of the teams in there and only by small margins. Sure you aren't stirring the pot?:)

not sure where that one come from???? Maybe mcgee stayed back and still fancy s his chances

Out of the teams playing in the finals, just wondering how everyones lists are looking in terms of injuries and how far off players are on returning or whether there at full fitness?
We'll have about five out this weekend and were hoping three of them will be right for our clash against ardy, but how are the other four teams looking?

Geez Bodzy - that would mean in almost every game this year VT have had "about 5 out of your best side". win lose or draw you seem to be missing players every week. Imagine if you can get them all back in playing!:rolleyes:

Well Stanhope are pretty good and tally had there good plays but shanhope where way to good. I think tally can beat them, if they play as a unit. I think back to the 2005 finals when Stanhope smashed tally by over 10 goals then tally 2 weeks later came out and beat them in the granny. It goes to show that footy unprodictable

Geez Bodzy - that would mean in almost every game this year VT have had "about 5 out of your best side". win lose or draw you seem to be missing players every week. Imagine if you can get them all back in playing!:rolleyes:

Yes fox i know what you're getting at and all teams are the same and we all have injuries and it doesn't stand as an excuse.
I am just genuinely interested in how the other teams lists are at the moment and more or less just foxing for some info.... so we know what to expect...

My tips for this round:

Merrigum vs Lancaster (72pts)
Undera vs Yea (75pts)
Tallygaroopna vs Rushworth (2pts)
Ardmona vs Stanhope (36pts)
Nagambie vs Avenel (54pts)
Girgarre vs Violet Town (135pts)

Yes fox i know what you're getting at and all teams are the same and we all have injuries and it doesn't stand as an excuse.
I am just genuinely interested in how the other teams lists are at the moment and more or less just foxing for some info.... so we know what to expect...

My tips for this round:

Merrigum vs Lancaster (72pts)
Undera vs Yea (75pts)
Tallygaroopna vs Rushworth (2pts)
Ardmona vs Stanhope (36pts)
Nagambie vs Avenel (54pts)
Girgarre vs Violet Town (135pts)

This is my season prediction wrap up. Violet Town are in a very similar situation to Lancaster last year. VT have beat Stanhope and Undera, but lost to Ardy, Tally and Rushy. I think that Ardy will be too strong come finals and will lose to Stanhope (finally) in the GF. KDFL finals is a different ball game to all other sports and Ardy have the togetherness because they are all playing there for the same reasons (social outcasts), they have the experience and chips to just get there (GF). Undera are no chance, Tally need a lot of luck to beat more then just Undera and VT will probably suffer due to an easy draw and lack of finals exp. Obviously a few of VT's recruits have good experience but the bottom dozen won't.

Qualifying Final: (Ladder Pos 2 v. Ladder Pos 3)
Violet Town Defeats Ardmona

Elimination Final: (Ladder Pos 4 v. Ladder Pos 5)
Tally Defeats Undera

2nd Semi Final: (Ladder Pos 1 v. Winner of Qualifying Final)
Stanhope Defeats Violet Town

1st Semi Final: (Loser of Qualifying Final v. Winner of Elimination Final)
Ardmona Defeats Tally

Preliminary Final: (Loser of 2nd Semi Final v. Winner of 1st Semi Final)
Ardmona Defeats Violet Town

Grand Final: (Winner of 2nd Semi Final v. Winner of Preliminary Final)
Stanhope Defeats Ardmona

No mate, no reason to stir the pot. Happy to name the blokes who I was talking to, but I wasn't necessarily infering that they said they were confident you'd win the flag, more that they were confident of putting in a solid finals campaign.. Win 1 or 2 finals and you'll cap off a brilliant year. For what it's worth, I reckon if you can keep Best out of the game next week I reckon you're in with a big show against tally...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rushy finished off the year with a good win over Tally at Tally. Gotta give them credit for the condition of the ground and the rooms - sensational. Jake Lloyd put in a dominant display, kicking 8 of the best and continually taking pack marks against 2 or 3 opponents. Hope he plays on next year, ripper fella and sensational player.. The old stagers in Pateman, Waarsdrop, Winterton and Hansen were inspirational for us. Best was brilliant for them for the first 3 quarters, and molisak was dangerous until he went off. Ralph and Osborne were good around the ground. They had a few out, the Palmer boys in particular, and we had our best side of the year in, but still wrapt with the win, obviously just disappointing that we didn't beat Undera last week or Yea earlier in the year..

No mate, no reason to stir the pot. Happy to name the blokes who I was talking to, but I wasn't necessarily infering that they said they were confident you'd win the flag, more that they were confident of putting in a solid finals campaign.. Win 1 or 2 finals and you'll cap off a brilliant year. For what it's worth, I reckon if you can keep Best out of the game next week I reckon you're in with a big show against tally...

Cheers Tav,

Great win by you boys yesterday. I probably agree, any win we can get from here on in caps a really good stepping stone year for us. There are really good quality sides in the top 4 this year and yourselves and Avenel have sides more than capable of playing finals, so it is a shame it wasn't a final 6 this year. We would have to be at our very best in any game we participate in, as finals football is completely different and we don't have that experience yet.

It is a great ground at Tally and well deserving to host a final. How did the final quarter go mate, I see they only kicked 1 point and you mentioned they had a few go off. Did they shut up shop for next week or was it a good hard fought game right to the end.

Witnessed a couple of Ardy supporters trying to upset the very big man Aaron James at the qtr time break ystdy. Did any other rumblings occur as I left at half time. The final result did not surprise as it looked as though it was going to be close all day and could have gone either way.

Witnessed a couple of Ardy supporters trying to upset the very big man Aaron James at the qtr time break ystdy. Did any other rumblings occur as I left at half time. The final result did not surprise as it looked as though it was going to be close all day and could have gone either way.

Well who ever was trying to up set Aaron James has BALLS!!!! That man is the bigist bloke i have seen on a footy filed. I think that he could have 5 bloke on him and he would win.

jack baker came second in the girgarre football club last night only because his old man done the votes for the last 3rd of the year. what a joke.

jack baker came second in the girgarre football club last night only because his old man done the votes for the last 3rd of the year. what a joke.

That's one of the problems of allowing certain people to do your vote cards, because whether we like it or not, we do pay favourites, and that's why wherever possible, you need to find a neutral supporter to do it for you, who doesn't have a son or a best mate playing in the seniors.

That's why I have done a few of the vote cards for Murch, and I try to be careful about the two (or three) other people I pick to do it.

That way it eliminates the crap that goes on during vote count night, and although there will be blokes that will always whinge about being hard done by, at least it reduces the likely hood of having a compromised vote count.

look, dont get me wrong. i like the kid, he is a nice bloke, puts his head in over the footy and gives his 100% each week and is a handy player and will most likely become a very good player, but what his father has done is an absolute joke. i heard the only reason they came to gig is because george(old man) cracked the shits with stanhope cos jack didn;t get any votes and they came to gig.

look, dont get me wrong. i like the kid, he is a nice bloke, puts his head in over the footy and gives his 100% each week and is a handy player and will most likely become a very good player, but what his father has done is an absolute joke. i heard the only reason they came to gig is because george(old man) cracked the shits with stanhope cos jack didn;t get any votes and they came to gig.

Nagambie vote count today...

Mick Shiels...1st
Jason Shiels 2nd

Reserves...

Arron Proud 1st
Matt Haysom 2nd

You talk crap mate,sounds like you are the absolute joke.
Jack has played good footy in the last 7 weeks and if you have had anything to do with the votes you would no 3 people get the cards every week and 3 people pick the votes so how did he poll 9 in 1 game? Easy he played good.
And whats his father done ? Are all your facts true ? Dont think so mate so stop talking crap about something you dont have any idea about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back