KDFL Oct 06 -Feb 07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

They would have to find a number of players just to be competitive on last years performances. Hopefully on the way up but it will take a few years to be a genuine finals contender again.

Any predictions on how the Lakers will go? Better players?

should be more competitive than last year, with some decent thirds stepping up, danny haysom back from injury and the recruitment of matty gledhill, but would need a couple more handy recruits to give finals any sort of shake

Same here mate!!! See you on Thursday Morning for a slow 10'ker.

Had some good news over the Xmas period with couple more signings for Undera.
So what's the latest on the recruiting Mooroopna Man? Any other signings? Any loses from last year? A few people think you guys might be the smokey this year...any chance for the finals? (I know it's early.)

Hank old boy, you stated in a previous thread that each year the Sidebottom's sign with Mooroopna but never end up playing there, so I wouldn't be locking them in yet...If Trianidis leaves, Montgomery retires, Wayman goes to Girgaree and the Sidebottom's do happen to push on that doesn't leave much for their chances of back-to-back flags.

Agreed, you never know which way Murch will go. Apparently McDonald said at the presentation night that they wanted "one last tilt at it (presumably the flag)" Not sure if that means all the $ they've spent over the last couple of years has left them a bit decimated, or not, Wayne Pedersen has been a bit quiet for a while. Got any news on your side, mate?

I guess Avenel and Nagambie's fortunes (& Stanhope's in a way) will rely on where Pearce ends up. For his own sake, I hope Rattray stays at Seymour, but there are still rumours that he could end up at either nagambie or Avenel, or even Girgaree, as well, so if the lakers got him and Pearce, and with their juniors, you would expect them to be very competitive, if not favourites..

You'd expect Stanhope to be strong because they've got the best bunch of locals. Even if they lost Grey and Pearce, not many others would be on much $, so they could afford to recruit aggressively, and always seem to get one out of the woodworks.

Hanson has signed for a third year at Rushy after they're disappointing exit from the finals. Canavan, Pateman, Morgan & B&F winner Gamble will be the likely losses, haven't heard who they might be recruiting, though as stated on a previous thread, Travis Perry might be returning if Tat don't sign him.

The Yze's have been heavily linked to Ardmona, but more on the proviso that Perry coaches again. A lot could happen between now and April 06. Hasn't Meka retired each year for the last 5?! $ talks loud with him..

Merrigum are cashed up and looking to spend, with the Fonua's linked there. Probably dependent on whether Peter White goes there. Travvy and Hank are both sceptical of this happening, so it could be another long year for the dogs. How does Josh stammers go? Sev's new love child...

How do you expect yea will go next year? Doona - what are your expectations coming into the KDL in 06? Will moving to the KDL effect how many Broadford-based players stay at the club? Wouldn't there be less travel in the HDFL?

i heard dat ratray is going 2 barooga 2 play:eek:

should be more competitive than last year, with some decent thirds stepping up, danny haysom back from injury and the recruitment of matty gledhill, but would need a couple more handy recruits to give finals any sort of shake

lakers should be pretty good with the under 18 te
lent coming up:cool:

On the subject of Avenel, I have heard that about 5 or 6 of Seymour 3'rds best players are going to Avenel 3rds as they do not like the new coach - Some Ure fella I think, who knows nothing about footy! The blokes in question are Sidebottom, Kliemt, LeCerf, Greeny and a couple of others. Any thruth in this one or is it just a rumour? If true, these guys should dominate Avenal 3rds easy and would even be very handy senior players.

Surely rumour - C'mon lads aspire to be the best you can be, played finals last year so nows the time to consolidate reputations by going again. On finals I thought Baz did a great job in getting the boys there why aint he coaching ya's again in 2007???

lakers should be pretty good with the under 18 te
lent coming up:cool:

You cant predict that the "lakers should be pretty good with the U/18 talent coming up". The lakers were a long way off the mark last year and you cant honestly expect the young kids to step up in their 1st year against men. The game will be alot more physical, skillful, faster and require a bit more smarts campared to playing 3rds. Same goes with the swannies.

You need a side with experience with a couple of young lads in the mix not the other way around!

You cant predict that the "lakers should be pretty good with the U/18 talent coming up". The lakers were a long way off the mark last year and you cant honestly expect the young kids to step up in their 1st year against men. The game will be alot more physical, skillful, faster and require a bit more smarts campared to playing 3rds. Same goes with the swannies.

You need a side with experience with a couple of young lads in the mix not the other way around!

Yeah I can't see the U18 kids stepping up and contributing the 20-40 goals they were off the pace by last year.

Seymour slugging barooga the 2K they had to dish off to the Bombers, plus their trying to slug them an extra $1,000 for what they told the Barooga pres. were bits and pieces.

Great club, the Lions. Like marriage, easy to get into, harder to get away from..

Seymour slugging barooga the 2K they had to dish off to the Bombers, plus their trying to slug them an extra $1,000 for what they told the Barooga pres. were bits and pieces.

Great club, the Lions. Like marriage, easy to get into, harder to get away from..

Thats what it cost seymour when patty wanted to leave bendigo after a few months. They helped him out, for no return. so to expect that off barooga is only fair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats what it cost seymour when patty wanted to leave bendigo after a few months. They helped him out, for no return. so to expect that off barooga is only fair

They helped him out for no return? I know he didn't play much or at all in 2006 due to injury but they were happy to depart with the money to get him back to the club.

Let's not have short memories. It would have been hard to see Seymour winning in 2005 without him so they got a fair return from him that year.

Dont think Barooga will mind too much providing they get their man - those figures appear to be like loose change up that way

Dont think Barooga will mind too much providing they get their man - those figures appear to be like loose change up that way

Thats the point I think Koshy is making mate, he reckons Seymours eyes have lit up.

If he was going 2 a club that was scraping do you think they would ask for an xtra $1,000 for "bits and pieces".?
They are saying he owes them.?

He could have got 400 a game anywhere in 05 and played for them for $0.

If Barooga wanted to get nasty they could go straight to appeal, even about the 2K, because from what I have heard there is no written contract.
So the Lions better be careful about poking the snake, as I dare say that Barooga would have delt with these scenarios once or twice before.

Seymour have had a schocking rep admin wise for wrapping their arms around players when they want 2 go there, and then spitting at them when they want to leave.

Thats the point I think Koshy is making mate, he reckons Seymours eyes have lit up.

If he was going 2 a club that was scraping do you think they would ask for an xtra $1,000 for "bits and pieces".?

If Barooga wanted to get nasty they could go straight to appeal, even about the 2K, because from what I have heard there is no written contract.
So the Lions better be careful about poking the snake, as I dare say that Barooga would have delt with these scenarios once or twice before.

Seymour have had a schocking rep admin wise for wrapping their arms around players when they want 2 go there, and then spitting at them when they want to leave.

Thats an impressive Big Footy debut there anzac, dont beat around the bush mate

They helped him out for no return? I know he didn't play much or at all in 2006 due to injury but they were happy to depart with the money to get him back to the club.

Let's not have short memories. It would have been hard to see Seymour winning in 2005 without him so they got a fair return from him that year.

They departed with the money in hope he would play more than 2 reserve games.

I think he was well compensated for his services in 2005

These people come to the club for the money, not for the love of the club. do you think the club should throw some sort of "fair well" party when they leave? The player gets what he wants, money, and the club gets what they want, a half decent player. if that player chooses to leave, so be it, but dont say the club treats them bad when they want to leave because thats business.

They departed with the money in hope he would play more than 2 reserve games.

I think he was well compensated for his services in 2005

Like I said, the club were happy to get rid of some cash to get Rattray back, knowing he played some very good footy in the 2005 finals. Did anyone put a gun to the Seymour treasurer's head to hand over the money? No - they did it to get a good player back.

Of course they hoped he would play more than 2 reserve games but sometimes these things happen.

Whether he was well compensated or not in 05, Seymour would have been happy with his output.

Avenel to be competitive this season boys, dont worry about that.

Any news on how lancaster are travelling at the moment. Have they signed any new recurits or lost any players?? Not much has been said about them. Is Troy Snelson staying on at nathalia??

Any news on how lancaster are travelling at the moment. Have they signed any new recurits or lost any players?? Not much has been said about them. Is Troy Snelson staying on at nathalia??

Still up in the air, either Rushy or Nathalia, may have another year at Nathalia if Richard Walsh returns from WA and plays, otherwise it will be Rushy.

Still up in the air, either Rushy or Nathalia, may have another year at Nathalia if Richard Walsh returns from WA and plays, otherwise it will be Rushy.

Heard Walsh has got a job in the mines in WA. Big $$. Would be stupid to come back. Not sure if the job is full time employment though.

Would be wrong if snelson left the purps after they gave him an opportunity to leave Gig mid way through the season plus a premiership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back