KDFL Oct 06 -Feb 07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

Alright alright where do you start??first submission so bear with me.. doona, its a shame that he has left but there was alot more to it than it may seem. there was some interest shown but the club is working on moving forward with some new faces and ideas around the club.so i'm pretty sure thats all it was, as for the 3's job he's had his go. with that came success ( top job, although not hard to work with the young talent in that side). now its some1 elses turn. nothing more nothing less, not personal. and as far as i know has left for certain.

Alright alright where do you start??first submission so bear with me.. doona, its a shame that he has left but there was alot more to it than it may seem. there was some interest shown but the club is working on moving forward with some new faces and ideas around the club.so i'm pretty sure thats all it was, as for the 3's job he's had his go. with that came success ( top job, although not hard to work with the young talent in that side). now its some1 elses turn. nothing more nothing less, not personal. and as far as i know has left for certain.

It's just a pity when club's lose quality servants.

H-23 can u confirm 100% that Rik didn't apply for the 3rds job? I was of the belief he did when his senior applications wasn't successful.

I like Rik and it doesn't matter now but had I known all this was going on I woulda invited him down my way, never thought he'd leave to be honest. Good luck to him, we all now he'll get as fit as he can and give his all at Euroa.

I was trainin in there for a while tav, but I've had a word to a few boys and at the mainland and they will be stickin around again, which I didn't think they were. So I thought I'd have another year with the lions, if they made it this year and happened to win it I'd be shattered, so I'll go around again. I've gotta get the body right anyway.

Where are you suiting up this year anyway?

Mate, apart from the last 2 weeks I've been travelling up to train with the tiges and am assistant coach there again this year.. Really looking forward to this year, to be honest, it'll be the first time since I've been back at Rushy that I've been able to do a decent pre-season, so hopefully I might even get a kick this year! We've lucked out at the last minute with some mates of mine from the VFL, so we'll still be off the pace a bit with you blokes, VT and Ardy, but I reckon if we go alright with injuries we should be there abouts, prob filling in the last spot of the 6 with Undera.

Going along ok without setting the world on fire, probably just start on a back flank mate, so might reacquaint myself with Huey but might try and steer clear of the others;) for the first half of the year, see how I am travelling, it has been a while, and by the way they are all a couple of classes above me.

Mate, you might be selling yourself a bit short there.. If you're not going to play on them, who do you think will?? Is it true that Adam Brunt has done his ACL and will need a full reco? How many goals are you hoping/expecting from Percy?

think you'll find that when he didnt get the senior job and no one else had applied being the tool he is he cracked the sads and told everyone he would play at euora. now that the dust has settled he is back at the nest sure the swans didnt care to see him go as he is the biggest knob going around

mate, what a load of absolute **********. he's quality bloke who has put a hell of alot into the club

H-23 can u confirm 100% that Rik didn't apply for the 3rds job? I was of the belief he did when his senior applications wasn't successful.

I like Rik and it doesn't matter now but had I known all this was going on I woulda invited him down my way, never thought he'd leave to be honest. Good luck to him, we all now he'll get as fit as he can and give his all at Euroa.

donna, rick certainly did apply for the thirds job but it wasnt until early february. yogi, the successful candidate, applied the nite that the senior coach was decided.

Mate, you might be selling yourself a bit short there.. If you're not going to play on them, who do you think will?? Is it true that Adam Brunt has done his ACL and will need a full reco? How many goals are you hoping/expecting from Percy?

We havent really got anyone who could go with the two Gemmill's and Stevo to be honest but a couple of blokes will get a shot at it and will learn a lot from them for their future careers, and who knows they might stick to their task well and show a bit.
Brunty I believe was having an arthroscope yesterday, havent heard the outcome but think they expect it to be cartilage damage. So if thats the case should be right for Round 1.
Perc is looking good, been travelling across to train Mon and Fri and doing a fair bit on his own also, reckon 50 goals would be a great return out of him if he plays forward all year, looking to play at CHF so wont be relying on him so much to kick all the goals, Cyclops and Adam Nunn will be there, and if we can get Chonk I'm sure he can chime in for a few!!

Doona2, It is a shame that these things happen. However there is alot more than meets the eye.

For the thirds he was approached on more than several occasions over a three to four week period, to take the job. This is while the club had applications in. So you will see the job was his if he wanted it.

In the end you can only string those with applications in so far, before they too get upset.

And for the senior role, I think the committee has done the right thing so far.

mate, what a load of absolute **********. he's quality bloke who has put a hell of alot into the club

If he is in fact a quality bloke as you say,
A. Why did he not get the senior gig.
B. Why are you the only one jumping to his defence.?
C. Do you know him yourself.?
D. Can you provide a reason as to why the club would not appoint him.?

Whats a,b,c,d you d i k.

Ther is only A, hes a knob jockey, thats why he didint get the coaching job.

a. i don't know exactly why, im not on the committee, but my imagination would be that seeing he has played with avenel his whole carreer he would be fairly limited in the players he could bring to the senior side, whereas jase can certainly bring alot more in that regard, and is also a far more accomplished player.

b. i am jumping to his defence because he is a friend of mine and i don't like to see his name rubbished by people who don't know him and certainly don't know the circumstances behind his reasons for leaving the club. if people wish to rubbish his footballing or coaching capabilities, good luck to them, this is a football forum. But to rubbish him for the type of bloke as a few posters seem to be doing is low, incorrect and gutless.

c. yes, know him very well.

d. see answer A

i would also like to add that being a quality bloke does not in any way mean that he should have got the senior job. i believe jase to be a more worthy candidate and reckon we'll have a much more competitive side than we have in the past couple of years with him in charge and far more than we would have if rick had of got the job. He's also only got himself to blame for not getting the thirds gig.

Whats a,b,c,d you d i k.

Ther is only A, hes a knob jockey, thats why he didint get the coaching job.

i'll give you your a, b, c, d, you twat. when you get your fourth username, try not to make it so obvious who you are. you can do this by not talking about the exact same things with your new username as you do with your current ones, which are;

a. the coaching at avenel
b. how much you dislike the shiners
c. what patty rattray's movement's are
d. how much you dislike the seymour football club

hell, while im on my soapbox, i'll chuck in e for free;

e.when u log out from one username, don't immeaditely log back in as another one supporting ur other usernames.

u're starting to embarass urself here buddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone out there knows the identity of Hank 2 please inform me as I would love to put a bet on as well....

We havent really got anyone who could go with the two Gemmill's and Stevo to be honest but a couple of blokes will get a shot at it and will learn a lot from them for their future careers, and who knows they might stick to their task well and show a bit.
Brunty I believe was having an arthroscope yesterday, havent heard the outcome but think they expect it to be cartilage damage. So if thats the case should be right for Round 1.
Perc is looking good, been travelling across to train Mon and Fri and doing a fair bit on his own also, reckon 50 goals would be a great return out of him if he plays forward all year, looking to play at CHF so wont be relying on him so much to kick all the goals, Cyclops and Adam Nunn will be there, and if we can get Chonk I'm sure he can chime in for a few!!

One year in Hank, what are your opinions on how Tonny has/is fitting in the MFL. Lots of talk about them being a KDFL team or a PDFL team. Just progressing down the ranks I suppose to a level that suits?

One year in Hank, what are your opinions on how Tonny has/is fitting in the MFL. Lots of talk about them being a KDFL team or a PDFL team. Just progressing down the ranks I suppose to a level that suits?
Hank!!!2 is a different bloke mate.
I think you'll find this year that we will be progressing well in the Murray League, by looking at how the U/17s are going the future is bright and if we can keep improving this year and the year after I have not doubt that playing finals can be a regular occurence for the club. Who knows what the future holds but i'm sure the club will hold its own over the next decade in the Murray league. Whether we can compete against the spending of the Baroogas, Mulwalas, United etc. probably not., but as Nathalia has shown if you can get some above average home grown talent over a few years and keep them together then ultimate success can come your way without opening up the chequebooks to much.

If anyone out there knows the identity of Hank 2 please inform me as I would love to put a bet on as well....

Havent heard from him, he certainly hasnt contacted me about putting his money where his mouth is JD.

i have spoken to rick of late, and he informed me exactly what went on
RE the coaching jobs, at first when he applied for the senior job with steff as his a/c the club weren't even going to give him an interview at first, until ian made his feelings fealt at a committee meeting did they agree to an interview, the interview was a waste of time as the club had no intentions of giving him the job anyway, at the end of that interview rick said will i need to submit an application for the thirds job, the response he got was, a virbal will be fine rick, so i think rick is quite entitled to feel abit agrieved and p1ssed off:thumbsdown:

Sorry read it as short hand. "If anyone out there knows the identity of Hank to please inform me as I would love to put a bet on as well...."

Sorry Harro!

Hank!!!2 is a different bloke mate.
I think you'll find this year that we will be progressing well in the Murray League, by looking at how the U/17s are going the future is bright and if we can keep improving this year and the year after I have not doubt that playing finals can be a regular occurence for the club. Who knows what the future holds but i'm sure the club will hold its own over the next decade in the Murray league. Whether we can compete against the spending of the Baroogas, Mulwalas, United etc. probably not., but as Nathalia has shown if you can get some above average home grown talent over a few years and keep them together then ultimate success can come your way without opening up the chequebooks to much.

Sorry mate. I would also like to see Tonny on the up. The best thing I think for Tonny is the 4ths and 3rds set up in the Murray League. Instead of playing in the Goul-Camp Junior comp all the families can go and enjoy a day together at the footy. Makes it all feel like home.

The KDFL should seriously look at creating a 4ths competition. Yea & Violet Town had one for years. Nagambie & Avenel have teams in the Seymour comp, Lanky, Gig, Merrigum could seek aliances with local schools and the Ky schools. Stanhope and Rushy could run their own. I know people are going to say our 3rds play 16 a side so we couldn;t possibly make a 4ths team, think of PDFl, where do you think our 18, 19, 20 & 21 st players come from? More often than not they are the 14 year olds that double up. Make it a real family atmosphere!!

Sorry mate. I would also like to see Tonny on the up. The best thing I think for Tonny is the 4ths and 3rds set up in the Murray League. Instead of playing in the Goul-Camp Junior comp all the families can go and enjoy a day together at the footy. Makes it all feel like home.

The KDFL should seriously look at creating a 4ths competition. Yea & Violet Town had one for years. Nagambie & Avenel have teams in the Seymour comp, Lanky, Gig, Merrigum could seek aliances with local schools and the Ky schools. Stanhope and Rushy could run their own. I know people are going to say our 3rds play 16 a side so we couldn;t possibly make a 4ths team, think of PDFl, where do you think our 18, 19, 20 & 21 st players come from? More often than not they are the 14 year olds that double up. Make it a real family atmosphere!!
Interesting idea...would definately be a plus for clubs in terms of promoting juniors and families, (keeping families together,etc.). Undera might struggle to feild a fourth team as they have struggled to get a 3rds most weeks. I think that for long term survival most clubs would do well to have a fourth 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back