KDFL - Pre-Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Roger.....names?
After sometime of reading the absolute garbage that "some, not all" have submitted. I feel that I need to respond to some of the points that have been raised.
If you as an onlooker "Sports Mad" had attended some of the matches last year you would have noticed that the theme of the coach was not always constructive, niether was it in the best interests of the team nor the development of the younger players.
Also, some of the players that have departed this year has been an absolute blessing, and again if you were around the club last year for any reasonable period of time you would know who I was talking about, and would have only one option but to agree with this obsevation.Good to see the likes of Ricky and some of the other quality personel stickin by the club during the tough times.
Pity some of the dearly departed wouldn't just move on quietly and save them the embarassment they are bringing upon themselves.
Go The Leggers

After sometime of reading the absolute garbage that "some, not all" have submitted. I feel that I need to respond to some of the points that have been raised.
If you as an onlooker "Sports Mad" had attended some of the matches last year you would have noticed that the theme of the coach was not always constructive, niether was it in the best interests of the team nor the development of the younger players.
Also, some of the players that have departed this year has been an absolute blessing, and again if you were around the club last year for any reasonable period of time you would know who I was talking about, and would have only one option but to agree with this obsevation.Good to see the likes of Ricky and some of the other quality personel stickin by the club during the tough times.
Pity some of the dearly departed wouldn't just move on quietly and save them the embarassment they are bringing upon themselves.
Go The Leggers

Foodforthought, interesting comments......can you please provide some examples to back up your statements and perhaps a brief highlight of your football qualifications that would put you in such a position to comment on the best methods to develop younger footballers and what are in the “best interests” of a team? While we’re talking a about younger players, I’m not sure which one’s you might be referring to.... I watched a quite a few games this season and saw very few young blokes with the exception of what I’m told are leaving ex-Avenel. I would have described the side more like “Dad’s Army” and from what I’ve heard the clubs not in a position to be blessing the leaving of any players if what’s been said on this forum is correct.

What I seem to hear from former players and committee is that this committee is an inexperienced and unorganised bunch, more interested in playing politics than preparing a club for the transition into a stronger league. And if you are who I think you are...a lot of it seems to centred around you! You’re whole post centres around nothing more than club propaganda, if you disagree with comments I’ve made, clarify them on this public forum, prove me wrong!!! So far....your comments make about as much sense as reappointing a coach in November and sacking him a few weeks later.
As for embarrassement, I would be embarrassed if I were you! You will remembered as the puppet master pulling the strings when the Longwood Football Club suffers the biggest thrashings in KDFL history. I'll make sure to drop you a line after Round 1 to say "I told you so" :thumbsdown:

Foodforthought, interesting comments......can you please provide some examples to back up your statements and perhaps a brief highlight of your football qualifications that would put you in such a position to comment on the best methods to develop younger footballers and what are in the “best interests” of a team? While we’re talking a about younger players, I’m not sure which one’s you might be referring to.... I watched a quite a few games this season and saw very few young blokes with the exception of what I’m told are leaving ex-Avenel. I would have described the side more like “Dad’s Army” and from what I’ve heard the clubs not in a position to be blessing the leaving of any players if what’s been said on this forum is correct.

What I seem to hear from former players and committee is that this committee is an inexperienced and unorganised bunch, more interested in playing politics than preparing a club for the transition into a stronger league. And if you are who I think you are...a lot of it seems to centred around you! You’re whole post centres around nothing more than club propaganda, if you disagree with comments I’ve made, clarify them on this public forum, prove me wrong!!! So far....your comments make about as much sense as reappointing a coach in November and sacking him a few weeks later.
As for embarrassement, I would be embarrassed if I were you! You will remembered as the puppet master pulling the strings when the Longwood Football Club suffers the biggest thrashings in KDFL history. I'll make sure to drop you a line after Round 1 to say "I told you so" :thumbsdown:

Mad sport is correct in saying that personnal to leave the club is a blessing, what the problem here is, what we are gonna place the leaving players(the trouble with} truth is only 3 or 4 players from Longwood 2009 could start in a KDFL side, second thing is, resources are telling me there has only been one new face at training, also we are bearing on christmas, and most decent players are signed to other clubs and are preparing for 2010, anyone that watched a Longwood game last year, would know as Clears said, are 20 goals, sorry 30 goals behind the second last KDFL side, Longwood hierachy must be kidding themselves to think players are coming between now & the end of year, Longwood finds itself poorly positioned location wise, & unfortunately last year resembled a playground, befor it resembled a football club, in saying that there are some good personnal at the club, but as Clears said there a long way of a KD side, I also think some of the personnal - all bar Rick Shiner, do not know what is required at KDFL level, one thing i can say is many shit on the likes of Shiner & other personnell, but none bar Tommy Stevens could play in a Kdfl SIDE ANYWAY, BUT TRUST ME ITS A BLESSING THERE GONE, you'd rather forfiet than put them on the park, unfortunately Longwood copping the biggest woppings in history is spot on, and i hope i"m bloody wrong

Mad sport is correct in saying that personnal to leave the club is a blessing, what the problem here is, what we are gonna place the leaving players(the trouble with} truth is only 3 or 4 players from Longwood 2009 could start in a KDFL side, second thing is, resources are telling me there has only been one new face at training, also we are bearing on christmas, and most decent players are signed to other clubs and are preparing for 2010, anyone that watched a Longwood game last year, would know as Clears said, are 20 goals, sorry 30 goals behind the second last KDFL side, Longwood hierachy must be kidding themselves to think players are coming between now & the end of year, Longwood finds itself poorly positioned location wise, & unfortunately last year resembled a playground, befor it resembled a football club, in saying that there are some good personnal at the club, but as Clears said there a long way of a KD side, I also think some of the personnal - all bar Rick Shiner, do not know what is required at KDFL level, one thing i can say is many shit on the likes of Shiner & other personnell, but none bar Tommy Stevens could play in a Kdfl SIDE ANYWAY, BUT TRUST ME ITS A BLESSING THERE GONE, you'd rather forfiet than put them on the park, unfortunately Longwood copping the biggest woppings in history is spot on, and i hope i"m bloody wrong
Cant say it will happen for sure but with the appointment of the coach they have Longwood will be 100 times better off for next year with the side they put on the park and the recruiting of players. Dont think Longwood will be a force but Im sure the new coach knows exactly what he is getting himself into and what he has to offer.
Good on Longwood for making the change and all the best for season 2010!
Might be wrong but it looks ok to me.
Would I pass as someone who would know what personal is needed for KDFL?

Cant say it will happen for sure but with the appointment of the coach they have Longwood will be 100 times better off for next year with the side they put on the park and the recruiting of players. Dont think Longwood will be a force but Im sure the new coach knows exactly what he is getting himself into and what he has to offer.
Good on Longwood for making the change and all the best for season 2010!
Might be wrong but it looks ok to me.
Would I pass as someone who would know what personal is needed for KDFL?

Roger, you seem to be a man who knows more than you let on. Tell us about the new coach. My understanding is wantirna south second division. Is he bringing players? Will Shinner stay after what appears to be a shafting?
Is this Bourke related to the other Bourke?

Roger, you seem to be a man who knows more than you let on. Tell us about the new coach. My understanding is wantirna south second division. Is he bringing players? Will Shinner stay after what appears to be a shafting?
What shafting?
I really dont think getting rid of Cleary was because Longwood wanted Ricky to coach.

I am of the oppinion the the position of the new coach would provide a lot more resources of players than many others.
I might be wrong but it does sound good for Longwood to me.

What shafting?
I really dont think getting rid of Cleary was because Longwood wanted Ricky to coach.

I don't know if that was the reason or not. My understanding is certain factions feel Ricki was the man for the job. If I was in Ricki's position and was offered the job, I would feel shafted if someone else was appointed....but thats just me!

I don't know if that was the reason or not. My understanding is certain factions feel Ricki was the man for the job. If I was in Ricki's position and was offered the job, I would feel shafted if someone else was appointed....but thats just me!
I'll ask him about it next time I see him.
My understanding was he was in the mix if a suitable replacement for Cleary could not be found.
I had a little involvement in the recruiting of a new coach

I'll ask him about it next time I see him.
My understanding was he was in the mix if a suitable replacement for Cleary could not be found.
I had a little involvement in the recruiting of a new coach

Ok, if you were involved in the recruiting process, is this bourke related to the other bourke?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fair bit of talk of late about clubs' recruiting. I see in the paper the other day Ardy have picked up a couple more under Simmo.

Anyone care to giver there Pre-Season form guide of how the ladder may look(Top 5 im more worried about but if you have the time by all means have a stab at a full ladder). I'll kick it off....

Undera
Nagambie
Merrigum
Lancaster
Murchison
Stanhope
Rushworth
Violet Town
Avenel
Tallygaroopna
Ardmona
Girgarre
Longwood

I'll have a go:

Nagambie (Premiers)
Undera
Lancaster
Merrigum
Murchison

Rushworth
Stanhope
Violet Town
Throw a bag over the rest

Well sports mad, I am a little dissapointed. For someone who has so much to say about about our Lonwood and seems to know so much. I would have thought you would have known that Andrew BURKE is no relation to the other BOURKE. Just thought I would clear that up. Wouldn't want people thinking there was a conspiracy going on. Would we!

Well sports mad, I am a little dissapointed. For someone who has so much to say about about our Longwood and seems to know so much. I would have thought you would have known that Andrew BURKE is no relation to the other BOURKE. Just thought I would clear that up. Wouldn't want people thinking there was a conspiracy going on. Would we!

Well said Foodie.
Day by day, this mad hatter has been slowly opening his size ten mouth and shoving his size 9 1/2 foot in it!
My last challenge to reveal his identity; privately, resulted in vitriolic diatribe on my Big Footy message bank.
As well I notice he has taken his pithy (adjective. Full of strength), Mr T photo off his profile in response to my other challenge .. so he still needs to get some nuts!
I still prefer the aussie interpretation of “pithy” when it comes to the Mad Hatter.
Sporty spice .. how about just backing off and leaving us for a Merry Christmas!
Cheers all .. see you in 2010 for a happy new footy season!
John Carrot:thumbsu:

Well sports mad, I am a little dissapointed. For someone who has so much to say about about our Lonwood and seems to know so much. I would have thought you would have known that Andrew BURKE is no relation to the other BOURKE. Just thought I would clear that up. Wouldn't want people thinking there was a conspiracy going on. Would we!

My comments regarding the Longwood football club have been based on my observations during this season and what I heard from the locals around the fire drum, excuse me for not having the interest to stay on top of who's related to who around the club.
I asked some questions in my last post that are still answered, why do you longwood people lack the courage to answer my questions and correct my statements if they are so far from the truth?
As for you Carrot you old fool! If I wanted to hear from a donkey I'll go to the zoo.

My comments regarding the Longwood football club have been based on my observations during this season and what I heard from the locals around the fire drum, excuse me for not having the interest to stay on top of who's related to who around the club.
I asked some questions in my last post that are still answered, why do you longwood people lack the courage to answer my questions and correct my statements if they are so far from the truth?
As for you Carrot you old fool! If I wanted to hear from a donkey I'll go to the zoo.

Go away you rabbit!

can anyone tell me or send me a PM on when stanhope or kyabram return to training living in melbourne and go up to murray on weekends so was looking for a club to play for saw a couple of games last year and the comp looked ok, had a chat to echuca earlier but needed me to train up there on a thursday which is to hard any feedbaclk would be great:thumbsu: do people living in melbourne have to train or do they train down here together

one thing i do know, is Ricky won't be half as shattered as what half u guys might think about not getting the gig, he was not jumping at the bit to take it, I think Ricky is more interested in donning the guernsey and playing a game for Longwood, he was shattered Clears got flicked, and i Think he will be hoping the new coach brings some additions, handy ones at that, and he will be looking forward to playing some footy, if I stand to be corrected, then I'd be very suprised :thumbsu:

What question?

What question?

Heres a few that I have asked over the past few weeks.
1. Did committee votes took place in the 2009 season without all members of the committee being invited and present?
2. Was a vote held mid season to remove the captain? (Again with key committee members missing)
3. Did Longwood officials accuse a number of players of reward card fraud as a result of badly manufactured cards and poorly kept records?
4. Were player payments held back from being distributed after the game as punishment to players not attending club functions.

Lets make a few things clear, my whole objective on this forum has been to highlight that club officials need to act in the best interests of the club ahead of themselves, and from what I've seen this year, a select few at Longwood have not. Its time for them to become transparent and honest to the football community and explain the reasons behind the the decisions that have been made, and most of all, be prepared to be accountable.

Heres a few that I have asked over the past few weeks.
1. Did committee votes took place in the 2009 season without all members of the committee being invited and present?
2. Was a vote held mid season to remove the captain? (Again with key committee members missing)
3. Did Longwood officials accuse a number of players of reward card fraud as a result of badly manufactured cards and poorly kept records?
4. Were player payments held back from being distributed after the game as punishment to players not attending club functions.

Lets make a few things clear, my whole objective on this forum has been to highlight that club officials need to act in the best interests of the club ahead of themselves, and from what I've seen this year, a select few at Longwood have not. Its time for them to become transparent and honest to the football community and explain the reasons behind the the decisions that have been made, and most of all, be prepared to be accountable.
I dont think any of the committee members post on big footy. Why would they? When do they need to be held accountable for the oppinions and rumors of people outside the football club? Was Johno on the committee? It doesnt sound like he was.
Im sure you would be welcome to express you querries in person to the Committee. Give Shorty a buzz and see what you can do to help.

Any news in the papers on the new coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back