KDFL - Pre-Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
with all this longwood interest on here these days im expecting a massive crowd with plenty to say when i head to redleg stadium:)

That will be Sunday, 10-Jan10 lastline, and you will be welcome to have a run from 10.00 pm then a New 2010 Footy Year family lunch afterwards.

It's Redlegs Stadium bytheway
Cheers
John Carrot
ps No offence ... but I love your prison shot photo. Could you also include the profile shot! Cheers Cob.:thumbsu:

That will be Sunday, 10-Jan10 lastline, and you will be welcome to have a run from 10.00 pm then a New 2010 Footy Year family lunch afterwards.

It's Redlegs Stadium bytheway
Cheers
John Carrot
ps No offence ... but I love your prison shot photo. Could you also include the profile shot! Cheers Cob.:thumbsu:

Sorry Carrot, mate that would 10am, pretty sure if you got there at 10pm - even the fathful would be long gone. Cheers foodforthought

Sorry Carrot, mate that would 10am, pretty sure if you got there at 10pm - even the fathful would be long gone. Cheers foodforthought
Ah .. stand corrected old son.
Confused by Greenwich Mean Time, based off the North Pole and daylight saving time ESDT.
It is 10.00 am on Sunday 10-Jan10.

But before then explain to me how a grey haired bloke in all red ( with white trim ) and with a penchant to hand out presents to footy clubs while he drinks grog .. smokes a pipe and and feeds his flying troops with carrots .. can upset so many people?

Ho Ho Ho
Cheers Cobbers:thumbsu:
John Carrot

Ah .. stand corrected old son.
Confused by Greenwich Mean Time, based off the North Pole and daylight saving time ESDT.
It is 10.00 am on Sunday 10-Jan10.

But before then explain to me how a grey haired bloke in all red ( with white trim ) and with a penchant to hand out presents to footy clubs while he drinks grog .. smokes a pipe and and feeds his flying troops with carrots .. can upset so many people?

Ho Ho Ho
Cheers Cobbers:thumbsu:
John Carrot

how is ardmona looking any recruits?

There seems to be so many Longwood bashers on this thread at the moment. Seems to be so easy to bash a club that seems to be down and out at the moment. How about we start having a few constructive comments on how the Leggers could correct where they have gone wrong?
I have been at the club for about 6 years now, having left a much bigger club. Longwood make everyone welcome, are a true family club and I guarantee will start showing some success in the not TOO distant future.

There seems to be so many Longwood bashers on this thread at the moment. Seems to be so easy to bash a club that seems to be down and out at the moment. How about we start having a few constructive comments on how the Leggers could correct where they have gone wrong?
I have been at the club for about 6 years now, having left a much bigger club. Longwood make everyone welcome, are a true family club and I guarantee will start showing some success in the not TOO distant future.

I don't think you guys have done yourselves too many favours with the crap that has been posted on here. Maybe it's best you guys get together as a club and sort it out away from an internet forum, because, it's getting pretty tiresome for the rest of us that don't really care too much.

Clearly, there is trouble down there, and i for one hope you sort it out because i don't like to see clubs sink, but seriously, air your dirty laundry at the Longwood Tavern rather than pissing and moaning on here. I'm not bagging the club either, as i belive that what you're saying about it being a family club to be correct, so the sooner you sort your sh1te out, the sooner we can get back to discussing the usual topics - How much Merrigum are spending, how many Territory players Gig have, who farted at the Mainland and how EJ Beazley is coming to town!!

how is ardmona looking any recruits?

Said in the Shepp news the other day they have signed a few players. Aron Lines, Rhys Bucktin and Luke Trevena.

They have also started to build their thirds side appointing Brent Ralph as the coach.

I don't think you guys have done yourselves too many favours with the crap that has been posted on here. Maybe it's best you guys get together as a club and sort it out away from an internet forum, because, it's getting pretty tiresome for the rest of us that don't really care too much.

Clearly, there is trouble down there, and i for one hope you sort it out because i don't like to see clubs sink, but seriously, air your dirty laundry at the Longwood Tavern rather than pissing and moaning on here. I'm not bagging the club either, as i belive that what you're saying about it being a family club to be correct, so the sooner you sort your sh1te out, the sooner we can get back to discussing the usual topics - How much Merrigum are spending, how many Territory players Gig have, who farted at the Mainland and how EJ Beazley is coming to town!!

G’day Davey Crocket17
Before I retire to the zeds tonight I’d thought to come on for a look and say “lighten up” you guys .. this is the footy silly season after all and it doesn’t get serious until at least close to Easter!
Tongue-in-cheek digs and out-and -out shite stirrers keeps this forum alive.

Many who take it seriously tend to post in “working hours” .. on the bosses time maybe?
Fair value for a day’s pay? Oops, I reveal my sixties mentality again.

So Crockie, you start off seriously but I get your drift at the end. Well said mate.
Cheers again .. John Carrot:thumbsu::)

Hey Solman86, you mentioned that Clears got the "flick", can I ask what is it that you base that comment on; is fact, fiction, or heresay.
Only reason I ask, I heard a totally different story, a little more along the lines of "mutual agreement".

Go The Leggers

Thats Crap - mutual agreement, Clears stated on the back of the telegraph he was sacked, everyone says he was sacked, bar burkey, the punchline is, he wasn't disappointed like most of us are when we are sacked, he said he was saved, i feel the club said mutual agreement, so they did not look stupid sacking a coach, so recently after re-instating him,see where im coming from, but its only my opinion, and like arseholes, eveyone has them

Thats Crap - mutual agreement, Clears stated on the back of the telegraph he was sacked, everyone says he was sacked, bar burkey, the punchline is, he wasn't disappointed like most of us are when we are sacked, he said he was saved, i feel the club said mutual agreement, so they did not look stupid sacking a coach, so recently after re-instating him,see where im coming from, but its only my opinion, and like arseholes, eveyone has them

Time to move on from the Cleary fiasco, has been beaten to death.

Longwood finds its man - Shepp News
Longwood Football Club has finally laid its coaching puzzle to rest, appointing Adam Bourke to the top job for next season.
Bourke was a popular choice to lead the club in its inaugural season in Kyabram District Football League next year, following the exodus of former coach Paul Cleary.

``We're rapt, he's just exactly what we were looking for,'' Longwood's football operations manager Andrew Burke said.

``The club wanted someone with recent playing experience who would bring a bit more professionalism to the club.

``Stepping up to the KDL and a higher standard of footy, we needed someone that could bring that professionalism.

``In no way am I saying our last coach (Cleary) couldn't do that, I don't want to visit that issue again, but Adam will probably bring a fresh approach to the club.''

The 29-year-old's impressive CV includes a playing and ruck-coaching role with VFL side Frankston, as well as assistant coaching stints at Wantirna South and Kapooka (NSW).

Despite his potential value to the side as a player, a recent knee reconstruction will restrict Bourke to a non-playing coaching role with the club.

The club has also appointed a new reserves coach _ Andrew Shaw.

``We've had two new coaches and 20-odd players to the club in the last week,'' Burke said.

``Recruiting is going very well, it's been a big success over the last week, and certainly with Adam on board, he can bring players with him.

``We don't have any big names, but numbers are starting to look very healthy.''

``The club wanted someone with recent playing experience who would bring a bit more professionalism to the club.

Professionalism.....after what we've seen after the last few weeks :p you've got to be joking! Well, at least the club can still have a laugh :D

Kevin Sheedy couldn't get that committees level of professionalism off the floor, but good on 'em for not taking things too serious :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Professionalism.....after what we've seen after the last few weeks :p you've got to be joking! Well, at least the club can still have a laugh :D

Kevin Sheedy couldn't get that committees level of professionalism off the floor, but good on 'em for not taking things too serious :thumbsu:

Time to move on mate, enough is enough

Right. how are other teams looking??? havent much out of nagaz, anyone on the move?

Have heard a whisper the Haysom boys are on the move to Shepp Bears in the GV, if true this will be a significant loss for Nagambie as both are talented footballers. Led to believe the connection is to play with some former school mates and try their hand at a higher level, given their ability I'd reckon they'd cut it at senior level. (in my opinion)

Haven't heard anything 'concrete' on recruits at this stage but know there are a few irons in the fire... Think Nagambie will be strong again next year but you'd think they'd need to pick up a few to retain their spot in the top few given other clubs seem to have recruited well.

You ban Longwood banter and the KDFL thread dies! Go figure!
If Longwood seem to be the main conversation starters, i cant wait to see the crowd when we take on Undera in round 1!

Has anyone got the low down on Longwoods new coach? My understanding is he has never coached as anything other than an assistant, and it seems he's has had an injury interupted last few years as a player. He's also copped a bit of critiscism on Riverina Footy League thread.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517320&highlight=adam+bourke&page=2

Can any of the longwood connections tell us a little more about him?

You ban Longwood banter and the KDFL thread dies! Go figure!
If Longwood seem to be the main conversation starters, i cant wait to see the crowd when we take on Undera in round 1!

Christmas/New Year other people have had more important things on their minds, like the cricket:p

I think Undera will be the stronger team, however I think Longwood deserve a bit more credit than what they are been given here!

Kitty, Its good that the your approaching next season with a positive attitude. Theres no question that this years side made up in spirit for what it lacked in ability, but unless there's a "recruiting christmas miracle" sadly 20 - 30 goal beatings will be the reality.

Has anyone got the low down on Longwoods new coach? My understanding is he has never coached as anything other than an assistant, and it seems he's has had an injury interupted last few years as a player. He's also copped a bit of critiscism on Riverina Footy League thread.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517320&highlight=adam+bourke&page=2

Can any of the longwood connections tell us a little more about him?

I can tell you this, he is not Cleary, and you need to get over it Sports Mad. Have you really not got anything more constructive to do with your time other than get on here and bad mouth Longwood.

Why are you even bothering to ask for more information, so you can knit pick at it and post another negative comment in response?

Longwood are moving on by the sounds of things and doing everything you, oh wise one, have said they must do. They have a new coach, I here they have also recruited quite well as a result. Obviously they are not going to be a finals contender their first year in the league, but what club ever is?

Can't you just go and watch some cricket or something, there is a whole HD channel on the tv dedicated to sport, maybe switch that on, cause quite frankly I am sick of all your negativity, and it is still not even 2010!!!!:(

I can tell you this, he is not Cleary, and you need to get over it Sports Mad. Have you really not got anything more constructive to do with your time other than get on here and bad mouth Longwood.

Why are you even bothering to ask for more information, so you can knit pick at it and post another negative comment in response?

Longwood are moving on by the sounds of things and doing everything you, oh wise one, have said they must do. They have a new coach, I here they have also recruited quite well as a result. Obviously they are not going to be a finals contender their first year in the league, but what club ever is?

Can't you just go and watch some cricket or something, there is a whole HD channel on the tv dedicated to sport, maybe switch that on, cause quite frankly I am sick of all your negativity, and it is still not even 2010!!!!:(

What are you going on about tool? Did I mention anything about the past coach?....No! Did I bad mouth longwood?...No. I simply asked whats the story with the new coach. Surely he has some positives as he was given the job. I would like to know what they are, as all I've seen from other posters in other forums were negatives.

Surely theres some netball on that HD channel to keep you occupied!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back