KDFL - Pre-Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing i do know, is Ricky won't be half as shattered as what half u guys might think about not getting the gig, he was not jumping at the bit to take it, I think Ricky is more interested in donning the guernsey and playing a game for Longwood, he was shattered Clears got flicked, and i Think he will be hoping the new coach brings some additions, handy ones at that, and he will be looking forward to playing some footy, if I stand to be corrected, then I'd be very suprised :thumbsu:

Hey Solman, good call on Ricky, you are right on the money. Quality people like him know that the club is bigger than the individual, unlike some.

The mail i have heard the new coach will be bringin some troops with him.;)
Go The Leggers

Hey Solman, good call on Ricky, you are right on the money. Quality people like him know that the club is bigger than the individual, unlike some.

The mail i have heard the new coach will be bringin some troops with him.;)
Go The Leggers

Fantastic

one thing i do know, is Ricky won't be half as shattered as what half u guys might think about not getting the gig, he was not jumping at the bit to take it, I think Ricky is more interested in donning the guernsey and playing a game for Longwood, he was shattered Clears got flicked, and i Think he will be hoping the new coach brings some additions, handy ones at that, and he will be looking forward to playing some footy, if I stand to be corrected, then I'd be very suprised :thumbsu:

Hey Solman86, you mentioned that Clears got the "flick", can I ask what is it that you base that comment on; is fact, fiction, or heresay.
Only reason I ask, I heard a totally different story, a little more along the lines of "mutual agreement".

Go The Leggers

Hey Solman86, you mentioned that Clears got the "flick", can I ask what is it that you base that comment on; is fact, fiction, or heresay.
Only reason I ask, I heard a totally different story, a little more along the lines of "mutual agreement".

Go The Leggers

Hey Foodforthought, I've spoken to Clears on the matter, and he is adament that the president called him and stated the "new committee" had sat for a vote and he was voted out of the coaching position, he says at no stage did he resign, he was told "he was no longer the coach",.....but you already knew that didn't you?

I dont think any of the committee members post on big footy. Why would they? When do they need to be held accountable for the oppinions and rumors of people outside the football club? Was Johno on the committee? It doesnt sound like he was.
Im sure you would be welcome to express you querries in person to the Committee. Give Shorty a buzz and see what you can do to help.

Any news in the papers on the new coach?

Roger, when you asked the question "was Johnno on the committee", I assume you meant me? Answer is yes i was on the committee, i was onoe of the inexperienced ones there. I am no longer a member of the committee.

Hey Foodforthought, I've spoken to Clears on the matter, and he is adament that the president called him and stated the "new committee" had sat for a vote and he was voted out of the coaching position, he says at no stage did he resign, he was told "he was no longer the coach",.....but you already knew that didn't you?

Thanks Navy_Blues for your response, however that was not what I have heard.

Interesting though, that you say I already knew.

What I can say is that maybe Clears has forgotten some of the conversation, or maybe someone else has misheard what was said; either way there seems to be alot of sympathy out there for a guy who was gunna walk out on the club halfway through last year. But I guess you knew that!

What I can say is that maybe Clears has forgotten some of the conversation, or maybe someone else has misheard what was said; either way there seems to be alot of sympathy out there for a guy who was gunna walk out on the club halfway through last year. But I guess you knew that!

I got my info straight from the horses mouth! We're you in the back ground when the call was put through? Was there a vote or not? Did the prez make the call with sole purpose of passing on the news or not? C'mon footy manager, set the record straight.

This has become the Longwood Thread guys.
Cmon enough bagging of the club.
Lets just hope the coach and committee get their shit in order and lift the club to some competitive KDL performances. Nobody likes to see lop sided 200pt thrashings do they? Lets give the coach a chance hopefully he does a good job. Good luck Leggers in 2010 :thumbsu:

If he was going to walk why did he want to go again?
My understanding is he got the sack. I know burky said "mutual agreement" in the paper but please put it out there as it was. Sacked!

Lets just hope the coach and committee get their shit in order and lift the club to some competitive KDL performances. Nobody likes to see lop sided 200pt thrashings do they? Lets give the coach a chance hopefully he does a good job. Good luck Leggers in 2010 :thumbsu:
I was my understanding that the committee had got their shit together. I know there are a few on here who have it in for the club because of the sacking of the coach but lets be honest they need a little more than a couple of top up players to compete in the KDFL. Now theres a few different faces on the committee a new coach and hopefully a reasonably bright future for the club.
Is there any chance someone who knows can post a little about the new coach? If its in any papers could it be posted here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roger, when you asked the question "was Johnno on the committee", I assume you meant me? Answer is yes i was on the committee, i was onoe of the inexperienced ones there. I am no longer a member of the committee.
Thought that you were on the committee but couldnt understand how you seemed to know fairly little that was going on. But seems a lot has happend since you got off the committee. There a lot of hard work committees when there seems to be differences of oppinions and it was my experiance that its best some times to just move on.
Any news on the Seconds coach at Longwood? I would think last years coach would be worth keeping on. He isnt part of the clean out is he?
Kitty seems a fairly soft name for a superstar like you:D

Thought that you were on the committee but couldnt understand how you seemed to know fairly little that was going on. But seems a lot has happend since you got off the committee. There a lot of hard work committees when there seems to be differences of oppinions and it was my experiance that its best some times to just move on.
Any news on the Seconds coach at Longwood? I would think last years coach would be worth keeping on. He isnt part of the clean out is he?
Kitty seems a fairly soft name for a superstar like you:D

Ha ha! Smartarse! I have not heard much about the whole situation with Cleary now that I am not on the committee. I know that the new committee is working hard to prepare for the new year.
Redda, there is new on the seconds coach........im not doing it again, id rather put that effort into spending more time with my son, Jayden. I was weighing up my options regarding changing of clubs and i think i have almost made up my mind.
There is a long story to the nickname 'Kitty' cant really talk about it on here though mate.

I was my understanding that the committee had got their shit together. I know there are a few on here who have it in for the club because of the sacking of the coach but lets be honest they need a little more than a couple of top up players to compete in the KDFL. Now theres a few different faces on the committee a new coach and hopefully a reasonably bright future for the club.
Is there any chance someone who knows can post a little about the new coach? If its in any papers could it be posted here?

Once again Rogerdoger, you seem to have hit the nail on the head.

As I mentioned earlier "The CLUB" will always be bigger than the INDIVIDUAL, and once a few people on these types of forums realise that THE CLUB may well just be thinking of a longer term plan than Paul Cleary or Andrew Burke, or maybe even more individuals. (these are just thoughts guys). Maybe then the individuals who are intent on BAGGIN THE SHIT out of Longwood would see the bigger picture.
The BIGGER PICTURE is the future of country footy and the survival of clubs like Longwood.
Point taken (not that it needed to be said), Longwood is going to struggle next year, and yes, they may get a good old thumping in some of the games, but SERIOUSLY does anyone here want to see another football club fold. I DON"T THINK SO!!
Maybe if those individuals, who are so called supporters of the club (or maybe they aren't) would be better off looking to provide some positive feedback for the club or trying to pitch in and make it a better place.
Finally if you don't think that a club like Longwood is worth saving or supporting then keep your UNPRODUCTIVE & UNHELPFUL comments to yourself.

PS. Good work by Johnno last year in working with the seconds, mate your effort last year should opitomise the spirit and tenacity of the LFNC. If only we could find another 15 People around the club with your passion and dedication they would be a fantastic club, unfortunately this is something that they will have to work on. Hope to see you this year.

Regards Food for thought
GO THE LEGGERS

Once again Rogerdoger, you seem to have hit the nail on the head.

As I mentioned earlier "The CLUB" will always be bigger than the INDIVIDUAL, and once a few people on these types of forums realise that THE CLUB may well just be thinking of a longer term plan than Paul Cleary or Andrew Burke, or maybe even more individuals. (these are just thoughts guys). Maybe then the individuals who are intent on BAGGIN THE SHIT out of Longwood would see the bigger picture.
The BIGGER PICTURE is the future of country footy and the survival of clubs like Longwood.
Point taken (not that it needed to be said), Longwood is going to struggle next year, and yes, they may get a good old thumping in some of the games, but SERIOUSLY does anyone here want to see another football club fold. I DON"T THINK SO!!
Maybe if those individuals, who are so called supporters of the club (or maybe they aren't) would be better off looking to provide some positive feedback for the club or trying to pitch in and make it a better place.
Finally if you don't think that a club like Longwood is worth saving or supporting then keep your UNPRODUCTIVE & UNHELPFUL comments to yourself.

PS. Good work by Johnno last year in working with the seconds, mate your effort last year should opitomise the spirit and tenacity of the LFNC. If only we could find another 15 People around the club with your passion and dedication they would be a fantastic club, unfortunately this is something that they will have to work on. Hope to see you this year.

Regards Food for thought
GO THE LEGGERS

Thanks for the positive comment mate. Would you mind telling me who you are?

and in other news this decade, the world doesn't revolve around longwood! if you boys really wanna have a chat, pick up the phone or go old school and write a letter, didnt think there was supposed to be any more dribble!

right. how are other teams looking??? havent much out of nagaz, anyone on the move?

and in other news this decade, the world doesn't revolve around longwood! if you boys really wanna have a chat, pick up the phone or go old school and write a letter, didnt think there was supposed to be any more dribble!
A Longwood thread is in order.

I logged into what I thought was some fresh pages of player movement and news from all over the league, and it's post after post of Longwood politics.

I logged into what I thought was some fresh pages of player movement and news from all over the league, and it's post after post of Longwood politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamedayspecalist

Yeh Cosby and GDS .. time for some new topics.
GDS .. also wipe your lip when it comes to the dribbling.
For Longwood any news is good news at the minute and with Adam Bourke coaching the funny subtly of Roger Dodger (F Troop picture), Foodforthought (Uncle Sam’s recruiting poster), and yes .. Sportmad’s clip of Dad’s Army raises a laugh!
Major Tony Rice took Longwood to a premiership in 1985 and a couple of younger bros had a run. Justin and Dean Rice. The Redlegs still have the capacity 25 years later to attract a good team as it is a damn good footy Club, sustaining and heading in a good direction.
‘Nough said .. let’s get back to more important things you guys speak of like .. is Beazza going to play in the bush (which was a question that carried over 5 pages in the recent Big Footy past) and is he going to get his 87,000 yen per game from the foreign benefactor? ( Todays forex rate = roughly $AUD 800 per game)!! Bonnie Doon didn’t have to worry about exchange rates from its benefactors.
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:

Don't know what you're complaining about ...... at least Longwood are creating some activity on the thread and they haven't even taken the field yet. It's not as though they are preventing other Clubs from posting.
Stop bellyaching I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back