KDFL - Pre-Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha nice forty one.

Haven't been on a KDL club committee for 5 years, but been trying to recruit players far and wide in that time and I believe the 70G being talked about for a side would be well off the mark. A budget of $2,000 a week including coach (normally comes in under $30,000 a year with injuries) was the norm in my time. Would agree with the Nagambie claim that they would be around the mark I just mentioned, some clubs may get up to the $50,000 but it would be a small minority.
As you can see from iwantanotherflag's maths, paying 25 blokes just gets you to $67,500, most clubs would have more than half there senior players playing for nothing each week. 10 paid players at a club would be the max surely!

Dollars are up to what they were 5 years ago, some clubs say they not paying lots of money but money that goes through gate plus made on day got to go somewhere not to many rich clubs around.Clubs are paying close to 70G ,Not many players local or not if there got some talent they after dollars

Dollars are up to what they were 5 years ago, some clubs say they not paying lots of money but money that goes through gate plus made on day got to go somewhere not to many rich clubs around.Clubs are paying close to 70G ,Not many players local or not if there got some talent they after dollars

Hit $37k when AJ was here, and that included incentives for the seniors, reserves and Under 18's as well as coaches. $70k seems a bit of a stretch.

Christ! another one I can't understand

Dollars may have gone up ever so slightly but as I said have still been out chasing players over that time and know what players ask for and what they have been offered by other clubs and $70G is off the mark for 95% of minor league clubs. As Forty one has mentioned, if Stanhope paid out 37G with James in with the side they had, then how could a club justify spending double that?

I can assure you Nagambie spent well under the $50K you assume for total player payments in 2009, and 2010 will be no different. The highest paid player at the club last year recieved $300 a game. Nagambie is fortunate that they have almost the entire side with a link to the club, eg: are local or have come through the 3rds. Only a handful of recruits get a bit of pocket money but aren't on big coin.

On the topic of GVL two's B&F winners, I doubt all would dominate in the KDL, however Mick Shiels won a 2's B&F @ Seymour then played at Nagambie & won the McNamara Medal.
Mick Shiels is the type of player i was refering to. I did go a bit over the top wen i said all GV twos B&F players would dominate KDL. If a player is a twos B&F winner in a top 5 GV side he has gota be worth something!

will be surprised if hansford doesnt join adrian pappin at tonny.
he'll get itchy feet and play... hopefully anyway..

Is that the same bloke who pulled the pin at shepp east to concentate on his VERY busy new job????? no real suprise there i spose!!!

As has already been mentioned, working Saturdays so doesn't matter if he gets itchy feet or not. I'm sure if he gets a Saturday off here or there he will just play at Stanhope if he wants to have a run.

Mick Shiels is the type of player i was refering to. I did go a bit over the top wen i said all GV twos B&F players would dominate KDL. If a player is a twos B&F winner in a top 5 GV side he has gota be worth something!

Good amendment.;)

Hit $37k when AJ was here, and that included incentives for the seniors, reserves and Under 18's as well as coaches. $70k seems a bit of a stretch.

Ah yes, but don't forget that the AJ payments were privately supplimented by some very generous benefactors. Had this not been the case then the club would have been forking out a lot more than $37K.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes, but don't forget that the AJ payments were privately supplimented by some very generous benefactors. Had this not been the case then the club would have been forking out a lot more than $37K.

you seem to be down with all the happenings at the mainland woody, how much are they paying out this year???

Whats the latest news and how is training goinig??

Going pretty good actually Rog. Had a couple of runs this side of Christmas, looks like some of the same fat bellied members of Dads Army are going to try and go around again.....I thought you guys said the club was moving forward!.....and contrary to whats been said I would have thought the numbers would have been better for this stage of the year, perhaps all the new recruits are waiting for the jumper presentation! and with all the success from the raffle I expected to see a Lloyd,Lucus and Robertson at training....what went wrong?

Going pretty good actually Rog. Had a couple of runs this side of Christmas, looks like some of the same fat bellied members of Dads Army are going to try and go around again.....I thought you guys said the club was moving forward!.....and contrary to whats been said I would have thought the numbers would have been better for this stage of the year, perhaps all the new recruits are waiting for the jumper presentation! and with all the success from the raffle I expected to see a Lloyd,Lucus and Robertson at training....what went wrong?
What are you talking about?
I was asking you how training was.....
You said you were playing didnt you????:confused:
Whats wrong with numbers?

never been involved.

As per usual "The MAD HATTER" is at it again. Using propaganda to try and undermine the LFNC. Maybe he has been with Alice and her mates eating some rather tasty mushrooms. Seem that he's a little confused about a few things. There was 21 on the track on wednesday past, and based on some of the other numbers going around, would seem that Longwood aren't doin to bad.
Guess when you are bitter and twisted, it's a little hard to see the glass half full.
Why don't you do all the positive people around this great club a favour and just piss off and leave us alone.
As one other scribe to this thread said there are plenty of channels on pay tv. Sorry, I guess that they don't have pay tv in wonderland.
Go the Leggers

As per usual "The MAD HATTER" is at it again. Using propaganda to try and undermine the LFNC. Maybe he has been with Alice and her mates eating some rather tasty mushrooms. Seem that he's a little confused about a few things. There was 21 on the track on wednesday past, and based on some of the other numbers going around, would seem that Longwood aren't doin to bad.
Guess when you are bitter and twisted, it's a little hard to see the glass half full.
Why don't you do all the positive people around this great club a favour and just piss off and leave us alone.
As one other scribe to this thread said there are plenty of channels on pay tv. Sorry, I guess that they don't have pay tv in wonderland.
Go the Leggers

Propaganda???...........What propaganda? Bit touchy about the truth are we foodie? Perhaps your one of the many who should spend a little less time in the kitchen and more time on the track! Perhaps all those hours you spent researching Pay TV have caught up with you. As for the numbers, yeah 21 wasn't bad. Pity the majority of them were seconds players.
When's the unveiling of the big guns, let me know so I don't miss it.

Propaganda???...........What propaganda? Bit touchy about the truth are we foodie? Perhaps your one of the many who should spend a little less time in the kitchen and more time on the track! Perhaps all those hours you spent researching Pay TV have caught up with you. As for the numbers, yeah 21 wasn't bad. Pity the majority of them were seconds players.
When's the unveiling of the big guns, let me know so I don't miss it.

Do I detect a hint of a previously banned poster with the initials CD in your encouraging thoughts?

Where are ya making jack play this year georgie boy, and what is the reason for leaving, not enough votes as YOU thought he should have got. What didn't they give you the vote cards?
What's your aim, for him to play in every club in the KDL before he retires,
Maybe you should start your own club "Peanuts are us"

From what i gather the old man is feeding sh!t into his ear by telling him to leave clubs and where to play. Sounds to me like the old boy is trying to live his football career through his kid, shame same shame. Also have heard that he isn't well respected much around the region, being tagged the "young football journeyman". Kid should be left alone and play where he wants to play, not where some washed up hack wants him to play.

On another note its good to see the haysom boys staying put for now, both good players and will help Nagambie go one better this time around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back