Kdfl Sept 05-April 06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

Could anyone tell me what Darren ($) Turners movements are.

Is he still with Murch in 06 or has he done the Singh song with himself again.

wheelbarrow said:

Yes, this is the millon $$$ question year in year out how many clubs has he actually played for?:confused:

wheelbarrow said:

i heard that he will be at merrigum this year.

wheelbarrow said:

I would give short odds that he wont be at Murch

cosby said:
i heard that he will be at merrigum this year.

He could end up anywhere...anywhere who'll take him, anyway...last I heard from him he was ringing up clubs and saying "I'll come and play with your club if you pay me ($X) amount"...classy way to go about it..

T.Perry said:
He could end up anywhere...anywhere who'll take him, anyway...last I heard from him he was ringing up clubs and saying "I'll come and play with your club if you pay me ($X) amount"...classy way to go about it..

It has to hurt the guys who play year in year out for the same club when these types of players breeze in and out of clubs. It still amazes me the nerve some guys have the way they treat team mates and clubs.

Old Hopper said:
It has to hurt the guys who play year in year out for the same club when these types of players breeze in and out of clubs. It still amazes me the nerve some guys have the way they treat team mates and clubs.

I agree Old Hopper that it is harsh on loyal players when imports come just for the money but surely it is up to the club to look after their locals and take care in their recruiting. Maybe a good way to start is signing players to a two-year deal.

I have never heard of this Turner but if T. Perry is even slightly bagging him he must not be of sound character.

Why do clubs keep paying him the money? Has he won clubs flags off his own boot, like Loveless used to

bigblackalsation said:
Could be a possibility a few Rumba boys were out there weeks ago, the coach is a koorie too.

Dont get excited if they get near finals they choke again like their last 3 grand final efforts!!!

without knowing what happened i cant understand why after going from near bottom to making finals murch decided to get rid of terry mahoney as coach. as a result they lost some of their best players including mahoneys brother or cousin chopper and replaced them with riff raff. merrigum done the same with andronico he went from bottom to near finals and then got the see you later and merrigum go back to bottom.from a far it doesnt make sense

Doona2 said:
Dont get excited if they get near finals they choke again like their last 3 grand final efforts!!!

They'll be right Briggs and Firebrace will stay at Rumba sothe throat will be clear:p

bigblackalsation said:
They'll be right Briggs and Firebrace will stay at Rumba sothe throat will be clear:p

Dont you rate Leighton Briggs or Brad Firebrace?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T.Perry said:
Sounds like you've done a good bit of recruiting Rosco - how is big Clydey travelling? Used to see him at uni a fair bit, top bloke, top player. He spent a bit of last season injured, is that correct? Get him to training and I'm sure he'll be a huge asset.

Catchya during the season..all the best.

Good to see? (read) someone else who doesn't mind being id'd on BF T.Perry. Don't know about Clydey at this stage, just finished uni and a bit up in the air about work, meeting again with him v.soon and hope he can come on board without having to do it all (or most) off his own back as has been the case in recent years, should be able to free him up to do other roles which would be handy. Good luck to you also, hope we can get a bit closer this year !!

Grandale said:
Will you be a playing coach this year, Rosco?

Grandale, I musn't know you because I've never played against Upper Combucta West !! I hope to play again if the body holds up, feels ok at this stage anyway. I always hope to have 21 others to pick ahead of myself, that would be great !!

Doona2 said:
Dont you rate Leighton Briggs or Brad Firebrace?

Leigth may a tad harsh but there are plenty of regular season guns, who go missing finals time. If you can't play finals footy don't turn up, that is Rumbas biggest drama blokes like the 2 mentioned have never played at a higher level. Murray League will actually provide them with half decent opponents. Week in and out, will be interesting to see if they stand up.
On September action i don't rate them.

bluey99 said:
without knowing what happened i cant understand why after going from near bottom to making finals murch decided to get rid of terry mahoney as coach. as a result they lost some of their best players including mahoneys brother or cousin chopper and replaced them with riff raff. merrigum done the same with andronico he went from bottom to near finals and then got the see you later and merrigum go back to bottom.from a far it doesnt make sense

It is a fair question, I was surprised at the time myself. From what I understand towards the end of the season Terry asked what the situation was regarding the coming season as he only had a 1 year contract. Murch wouldnt give him a committment so he basically pulled the pin.

Which i dont blame him for, after the improvements he had made on field he rightly thought he would be the first pick for next season.

I think it came down to a personality clash between Terry and a couple of the committee and the committe decided they would try and chase a playing coach on the quiet but if they had no luck use Terry as a fall back. Needless to say Terry got wind of this and put the hard word on them..

Old Hopper said:
That will make a few people at Murch happy as Archy wont be hanging around looking for a game now

Is Willie Sanders still with you blokes in 06.?

Some one told me that he got reported last yr while he was still suspended for swearing at the umpire from the fence.? Is that true. ?

wheelbarrow said:
Is Willie Sanders still with you blokes in 06.?

Some one told me that he got reported last yr while he was still suspended for swearing at the umpire from the fence.? Is that true. ?

As far as i know he is, and regarding the report yes that is correct

i dont know if you know the whole history on rumba since it started back in 97 but you are forgetting that they have been a very sucsessfull unit over the years. the last two seasons where they have lost the grandfinals rumba were ripped off by that crappy cgfl, voilet town and yea hosting the grandfinals is the biggets joke i have herd of, not to mention the conditions the games were played in. rumba have domminated the cgfl and were way too srong for that league. and i think that you are rating the mfl a little too highly, dont know if you have noticed but the standard has dropped a fair bit.

carntheblue&whitehoops said:
i dont know if you know the whole history on rumba since it started back in 97 but you are forgetting that they have been a very sucsessfull unit over the years. the last two seasons where they have lost the grandfinals rumba were ripped off by that crappy cgfl, voilet town and yea hosting the grandfinals is the biggets joke i have herd of, not to mention the conditions the games were played in. rumba have domminated the cgfl and were way too srong for that league. and i think that you are rating the mfl a little too highly, dont know if you have noticed but the standard has dropped a fair bit.

What do u mean it was a joke vt and yea hosting them? the shepp east/rumba gf's were good games at vt, one played in the mudiest conditions ever and the other was on a good ground in perfect weather and they jus couldnt beat shepp east, cause the werent good enough!

Zippa said:
What do u mean it was a joke vt and yea hosting them? the shepp east/rumba gf's were good games at vt, one played in the mudiest conditions ever and the other was on a good ground in perfect weather and they jus couldnt beat shepp east, cause the werent good enough!

Yea's surface was the best it had been all year come grand final day, no wind and sunshine all day are terrible conditions to play in hey blue&whitehoops? You didn't hear a whimper from Yea who had to play Rumba at Rumba (2nd semi) and Shepp East at Shepp East (prelim) to even qualify for a spot in the GF many thought they wouldnt get.

Unfortunately for Rumba fans, just like the 2 GF's they lost in '04 (one in a bog and one in perfect conditions) they again proved they couldnt handle the pressure on teh big day. In 2005 they led Yea all day but got over run by a much fitter side when it really mattered. Ripped off by the CGFL my AR$E . . . they obviously dont do the hard yards coz they wern't fit enough to get the job done at their third attempt.

Maybe Eddie's $500,000 will make amends over the next 5 years!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back