Kdfl Sept 05-April 06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

subtle hustle said:
Avenel look to be picking up a few according to the transfers list on the kdfl site. a couple from seymour.
Doona2 do you know of chris anderson who is crossing from Benalla to VT? has he been there before?

Not 100% but from memory I thnk he's a local who went into Benalla a year or two ago???

Played at Avenel on Saturday and noticed Daniel Cleary talking to a few Footy Club people and was surprised considering what wheelbarrow said a while back. If Clears wasn't too popular how come they all seemed ok to him?

Maybe the round one KDFL clash we will see Thorpe (Avenel) go to a back pocket on Clears (Yea) to settle a few indifferences . . . . what do you reckon wheelbarrow??? It appears a few Swans people are keen to pay the $7 for that match-up also.

I may be sharp as a bowling ball, but i only noticed this morning that they have removed the ammount of posts that each BF member has done. ?

good pick up wheelie.
noticed that tim zakk from tally has put in for a clearance from tally to congupna. that's another quality onballer that tally have lost, on top of tyson sidebotom.
also heard a rumour last night that big travis wayman might be heading out to undera.

subtle hustle said:
good pick up wheelie.
noticed that tim zakk from tally has put in for a clearance from tally to congupna. that's another quality onballer that tally have lost, on top of tyson sidebotom.
also heard a rumour last night that big travis wayman might be heading out to undera.

Has anyone told Canavan.?

I also see that Darren Turner is off to Rumba, interesting to see how much of him that Hickmont will tolerate.

wheelbarrow said:
I may be sharp as a bowling ball, but i only noticed this morning that they have removed the ammount of posts that each BF member has done. ?

And?

wheelbarrow said:

What are you trying to look up barra? I might be able to help . . .

Doona2 said:
What are you trying to look up barra? I might be able to help . . .

Jobs right mate, not trying to look up anything, was just talking out loud on BF, saying that i only had noticed this morning that they have taken the post counters of the users and Grandy was being a SA about it.

Just the bells on the rod going off, all in fun..!!!

No worries, just thought I mightve been able to assist. Do you know how the Swans training has been going, will u be at the Yea/Avenel round 1 clash, or will u be at Colac, from memory last season you mentioned you played down that way?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hank1 said:
Leigh Hall ex Merrigum coach is Ass Coach at Stanhope

Yeah saw him train the other day and seems to be one of the fittest blokes on the track at the moment, also has very good skills...... there was only about 15 blokes on the track though.

perhaps lingy, you could tell us how many lions have gone north to tonny with haro.

subtle hustle said:
perhaps lingy, you could tell us how many lions have gone north to tonny with haro.

Nil, all staying. Maybe brother thats it.

cosby said:
thats a bit harsh. would've thought a couple would jump on for the ride.
Very hard to entice them away, Great club Stanhope and a ball socially, so unless someone really wants to better themselves most are pretty happy to stay around especially when they have been so succesful and will be succesful in the future. Underachieved last two years though, so would need to win it this year I would think.

subtle hustle said:
cosby said:
thats a bit harsh. would've thought a couple would jump on for the ride.

Yeah Hank has answered that well, as far as I'm aware little midget is leaning towards tonny, and that would be about it.

Swans set for fightback

By Tim Rowe
February 9 2006
Shepparton News

Avenel coach Peter Thorpe is not promising a quick fix, but he is forecasting a more competitive unit this season.
A Kyabram District Football League preliminary finalist in 2004, the Swans managed only three wins last year after a long list of pre-season departures.

The team lost 16 of its top 20 players following the 2004 season and, to make matters worse, the year was also cruelled by injury.

"We're going to be okay," Thorpe said.

"I would imagine we'll finish between fifth and seventh.

"No-one can lose what we did last year and expect to bounce back in one season."

Simon Potts will return to the Swans' line-up this year to join his brother Steven, while North Coburg recruit Jason Lynch will also be a bonus. Handy youngster Daniel Nevill, who played Seymour under-18s last year, is also likely to see his share of senior action.

Despite the player influx, Thorpe lamented the difficulty in luring talent, due to high competition from other leagues and clubs.

"We're trying to get a couple of decent signings," he said.

"But it's almost impossible to compete.

"Bad players want good money and good players want ridiculous money."

Thorpe confirmed reigning best and fairest winner - gun ruckman Paul Arandt - would again wear the red and white strip this season.

He said the club was also looking for thirds players to take the next step.

"We've got a few youngsters coming up and at least we'll have the numbers this year," the veteran said.

So far, the only player to leave the Swans is Mark Salakowski, who has signed with Bendigo Football League club Kangaroo Flat.

Avenel will start its season against KDFL newcomer Yea on April 1.

A very accurate quote, spot on Thorpey wouldnt ya say wheelbarrow . . . "Bad players want good money and good players want ridiculous money."-Avenel coach Peter Thorpe on his club's recruiting problems

It's an honour to be a bunch of girls

By Richard Goodbody
February 9 2006
Shepparton News

Undera will wage war on the football field against Stanhope on Sunday - but there will be an unexpected twist.
While the traditional rivals are poised to go head-to-head during their much-anticipated practice match, the contest will be a girlsonly affair.

The concept, which came about following the success of a similar match at Deakin Reserve nearly two years ago, will be played at Undera on the weekend and both clubs believe the game can be turned into an annual event.

"It should be great," Undera match co-ordinator Rachel Torney said.

"All the girls have been hitting the training track and picking up a few pointers from the boys, so we're looking forward to knocking them off.

"But we're also hoping that this will be the first of many games against Stanhope on an annual basis."

While Stanhope will go into the contest without the services of glamour forward Matt Trist, rugged on-baller Brenton Gray and roaming defender Anthony Mann, Lions' coach Rachel Smith believes her side is well equipped to handle the collective losses.

"We're going to have a crack," Smith said.

"It should be a bit of fun . . . and hopefully we can have a win."

The match will start at 11 am and a complimentary barbecue will be put on following the game.

For further information phone Jenna White on 5853 2220.

Entry is $5.

Most players want money these days. Ten -15 years ago you had to be very good to attract coin and have played probably 4-5 years of top football. Interleague players could expect to be paid 300 p.w and others under that. Now average players aged 18-22 expect 200p.w. It is a joke! Country football clubs should only pay coach,assistant,captain and players who perform and win games for clubs or players that have performed well for a number of years.Expect to see many more clubs fold or be swallowed up in mergers.Clubs win flags because they are the prepared to spend the most or go into debt. Heard one club in the Northern Rivers League is paying their coach 30K!

Doona2 A very accurate quote said:
"Bad players want good money and good players want ridiculous money."-Avenel coach Peter Thorpe on his club's recruiting problems [/B]

A great quote from the Thorpster. Say, Wheeliebin, you sound pretty close to the Avenel camp, what do you think of this Thorpe fella?

Doona2 said:
Swans set for fightback

By Tim Rowe
February 9 2006
Shepparton News

Avenel coach Peter Thorpe is not promising a quick fix, but he is forecasting a more competitive unit this season.
A Kyabram District Football League preliminary finalist in 2004, the Swans managed only three wins last year after a long list of pre-season departures.

The team lost 16 of its top 20 players following the 2004 season and, to make matters worse, the year was also cruelled by injury.

"We're going to be okay," Thorpe said.

"I would imagine we'll finish between fifth and seventh.

"No-one can lose what we did last year and expect to bounce back in one season."

Simon Potts will return to the Swans' line-up this year to join his brother Steven, while North Coburg recruit Jason Lynch will also be a bonus. Handy youngster Daniel Nevill, who played Seymour under-18s last year, is also likely to see his share of senior action.

Despite the player influx, Thorpe lamented the difficulty in luring talent, due to high competition from other leagues and clubs.

"We're trying to get a couple of decent signings," he said.

"But it's almost impossible to compete.

"Bad players want good money and good players want ridiculous money."

Thorpe confirmed reigning best and fairest winner - gun ruckman Paul Arandt - would again wear the red and white strip this season.

He said the club was also looking for thirds players to take the next step.

"We've got a few youngsters coming up and at least we'll have the numbers this year," the veteran said.

So far, the only player to leave the Swans is Mark Salakowski, who has signed with Bendigo Football League club Kangaroo Flat.

Avenel will start its season against KDFL newcomer Yea on April 1.

A very accurate quote, spot on Thorpey wouldnt ya say wheelbarrow . . . "Bad players want good money and good players want ridiculous money."-Avenel coach Peter Thorpe on his club's recruiting problems

Yes Doona i would say that Thorpey has accurately described the problems that we all know exist in country Victoria..

Grandale said:
A great quote from the Thorpster. Say, Wheeliebin, you sound pretty close to the Avenel camp, what do you think of this Thorpe fella?

Great bloke Grandbrad, hairy as an ape, lost his drinking partner in a relationship accident but apparentley still upholds the oath of UDL drinkers..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back