kdfl sept 07-jan 08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

Have to back u up here forty one, 61yr olds don't chase after catches in the nets and dive head first into dirt like you did the other night, did you even get a hand on it in the end. Great commitment though.:p;)

U shoulda seen old mate angry 41 against KY on the little cheese the other day trying to stop a four that was neva gonna be stopped and once again did the old nose dive into the fence on the far side:D.

I have honestly cut a bit of slack by rating Stanhope about the same as Tonny I am sure most would agree that both sides at their best we would have their measure. No one could go with Roberts up forward for Tonny, and no on could go for pace with Nunn (stanhope's go to man in a crisis is Clymo who couldnt even get a a game week in week out in the Loddon Valley League, did a great job on Meka though), and he will take anything put in front of him, Mark Reid in a pocket would carve up anyone in the KDL let alone just the Stanhope side. Andrew Reid sitting out on a wing would be a match up headache, maybe they could play Sanders on him but they would cancel each other out and would back Reid one on one for muscle.
Luke McGill at CHB would beat anyone they put at CHF. The only posy I would be worried about is James and do we include him after playing five games, why not. I would play Steve Townsend on him and he would do a good job when the ball got down there. Onball would be a good match up. would exploit their best in and under in Grinton by runnning off him all day, if Gray played would have Kyle Harrison(very underated) or myself follow him around, Brennan would soften up Trist in the Ruck but would be a handful around the ground if he ran to the right positions.
As mentioned earlier would be a good match up, but would back ourselves to cover them. Would go in extremely confident early in the home and away if James decided it wasnt worth travelling up for the game;)
he couldnt even get a game in the seniors when he was playing at stanhope.

U shoulda seen old mate angry 41 against KY on the little cheese the other day trying to stop a four that was neva gonna be stopped and once again did the old nose dive into the fence on the far side:D.

Ease up you two, i might get offended. Just to clarify, on BOTH occasions i tripped - nothing to do with committment (never been accused of having committment before). Although after Nathans stirring pep talk at drinks against Ky i reckon i could run through a brick wall.

he couldnt even get a game in the seniors when he was playing at stanhope.
Would have played about 50 senior games at Stanhope I reckon. Was dropped for finals two years, think 1st year was 2003, seniors were Premiers and Champions so not a bad side to play, if I remember every home and away game in the seniors. Then he tagged Mark Salakowski, a GVL representative (So must rate him somewhere around Hoota's level) out of the Reserves Grand Final. So yes he could get a game in the seniors. Like I've said, he is not blessed with skill, but he makes up with it in other areas (and has more guts and determination than any on here that don't rate him), and he has improved a lot since leaving Stanhope, especially his marking, my opinion only like everything on here, think he would have slotted into Stanhope's back 6 this year.

Ease up you two, i might get offended. Just to clarify, on BOTH occasions i tripped - nothing to do with committment (never been accused of having committment before). Although after Nathans stirring pep talk at drinks against Ky i reckon i could run through a brick wall.

Hahaha... Yes, that was a bit diff... I actually thought u were callin us over to say a few words of wisdom urself.

I actually think Rushy might have bowled Tonny over in the Praccy last year.

QUOTE]

True OTM, but Tonny only won 3 games and got beat by sides only a rung or two above it by 15-20goals that year, in saying that we still would have been better than even money against any side in the KDL in the season proper. The Rushy game our top 4 in that years B&F did not play and also had a brawl that seen 4 of our guys sent off and none from Rushy, 14 v 18 for 15minutes will sort most sides out.

Stanhope side this year could have won 4-6 games if in the MFL, no other side would have won any in my opinion.
well hank you need to teach some disipline and get your best players fit poor excuses they beat you fair and square.

well hank you need to teach some disipline and get your best players fit poor excuses they beat you fair and square.

Haha, was two years ago now and not sure discipline was a problem, I have played a bit of footy and never have I seen 4 players from one side sent off at once and not one from the opposition. Would have been one of my first games as coach so think we are all ship shape now mate, and not sure I'll be taking on your advice about getting our best players fit for practice matches, that will be one of the last things on my mind, as I mentioned they finished in the top 4 in our B&F so I think they were fit for the important games:eek:

jez guys, easiest way to sort this all out is to have a practice match. I can organize a celabraty umpire (hughsy) and a ardmona's fuzzy fans on special comments. No offence guys but pre season form has no bearing on how a team will go. For instant, Last year stanhope were beaten by rushy in the night grand final, and i heard patto tell his troops at 3 quarter time that his boys where only at 60% and he didn t seem to fuss about the form at that stage.

How often do you see afl pre season comps won by some outside teams, I dont think its a true measure on how a team will perform. I know personally that is hard to get up for a pre season game, That is unless you have had a bender the night before and you are still running on the good stuff.

Any way guys there is my two bit, sorry bout the spelling mistakes

Hang on Baba.... Althought he is more than handy in the KD and has provern himself in the KD... U might be pumping Bevo's Bridgestones up just a smidge to much.... Yes he can play all over the ground... But GV ruckmen, CHF and CHB are alot bigger bodied and strronger than the King so he may struggle in that respect.
well who would you perfer rucking in your team mainland. bevo or lurch. or bevo and nick casey in ky's case. goin back a few years the stanhope side of this year would have pumped the tonny side in its last two years of gvl. shows how much tonny have gone forward since switching leagues. but i think hank is right and i see his points and agree tonny would win.

jez guys, easiest way to sort this all out is to have a practice match. I can organize a celabraty umpire (hughsy) and a ardmona's fuzzy fans on special comments. No offence guys but pre season form has no bearing on how a team will go. For instant, Last year stanhope were beaten by rushy in the night grand final, and i heard patto tell his troops at 3 quarter time that his boys where only at 60% and he didn t seem to fuss about the form at that stage.

How often do you see afl pre season comps won by some outside teams, I dont think its a true measure on how a team will perform. I know personally that is hard to get up for a pre season game, That is unless you have had a bender the night before and you are still running on the good stuff.

Any way guys there is my two bit, sorry bout the spelling mistakes
The talk of where the KDFL are rated in the scheme of local footy is taking up more pages than it should. I have played in a few of the local leagues and have probably watched with interest a dozen or more grannies, I beleve if:
Seymour played Nathalia Seymour would win by no more than 8 to 10 goals however nathalia would pump a tatura this year;also
if nathalia played stanhope it would be the purples....but only by 4 to 8 goals and again stanhope would destroy the bottom 4 or 5 sides as would the rest of the KDFL finalist. The order of merit is pretty clear, GV, MFL. KDFL/PFL, BDFL but to those who play in a league that is higher need not think they are a better player than another in a lower league, it doesn't work that way, any way how about we talk about KDFL 2008.

well who would you perfer rucking in your team mainland. bevo or lurch. or bevo and nick casey in ky's case. goin back a few years the stanhope side of this year would have pumped the tonny side in its last two years of gvl. shows how much tonny have gone forward since switching leagues. but i think hank is right and i see his points and agree tonny would win.

Nick's only a back up ruckman play's mainly in the forward line, you'd be best to compare Ryan Jones and Morg's with Bevo.
Hank's Bias, of courses his team is stronger than stanhope.
Further more i dont think stanhope would have pumped tonny in their last years in the gv, they were able to compete in every game with the top sides, and in most cases be in front at half time, but due to a lack of quailty they couldn't match the top sides and were blown away by 40 to 50 points in the last half. Some times they lost by over one hundred points, but even in this season gone they copped some fairly heavy punishment.

The talk of where the KDFL are rated in the scheme of local footy is taking up more pages than it should. I have played in a few of the local leagues and have probably watched with interest a dozen or more grannies, I beleve if:
Seymour played Nathalia Seymour would win by no more than 8 to 10 goals however nathalia would pump a tatura this year;also
if nathalia played stanhope it would be the purples....but only by 4 to 8 goals and again stanhope would destroy the bottom 4 or 5 sides as would the rest of the KDFL finalist. The order of merit is pretty clear, GV, MFL. KDFL/PFL, BDFL but to those who play in a league that is higher need not think they are a better player than another in a lower league, it doesn't work that way, any way how about we talk about KDFL 2008.

Some pretty good points there. Let's move along fellas.

Do people think Murch are going to move up a little next year? Some handy inclusions should see them trouble some sides, especially early on.

Nicnat, you have absolutely no touch with reality if you think Stanhope would get within 4 to 8 goals of Nathalia, No disrespect to Stanhope and as I've said earlier i would rate them pretty close to the side I was coaching this year but they would not get within 15 goals of Nathalia.
The KDL finalists would destroy the bottom 4 or 5 sides in the MFL:rolleyes:, are you in disneyland at the moment? Cobram, Moama, Toc, Tongala and Numurkah are the bottom 5 sides, no one other than Stanhope would beat any of them, Stanhope may beat any of the bottom 4 on their day but would not get near Numurkah. Every single one of these sides have got GV/O&M reps ex AFL players, and some with VFL players.

Gostanhope, good to see you've come around on the Stanhope v Tongala argument, but saying they would beat the Tonny side from their last two years of GVL is well off the mark, remember they drew with Echuca in their last year and we lost 7 of our 9 contracted players when I took over, so all the club has done is probably built the side back up to where it probably was in their last year in the GV (but with mainly locals instead of imports). If the same side that played in 2005, played in the MFL in 2006 they would have been knocking on the finals door.

The comparison of Bevo with Tongala and Kyabram ruckmen is not what mainland was alluding too, he would probably start in the ruck in front of the two names you mentioned, but what was said was that he'd start in any GVL side in a key position which he and I know is off the mark.

Sorry for the people who only want to talk about KDL on this thread but only replying to what has already been brought up on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some pretty good points there. Let's move along fellas.

Do people think Murch are going to move up a little next year? Some handy inclusions should see them trouble some sides, especially early on.

Not sure who else they have got other than Williams and Hodgetts, but I know Hodgetts will be a topline player in the KDL and Williams' hardness will be appreciated at Murch.

Nicnat, you have absolutely no touch with reality if you think Stanhope would get within 4 to 8 goals of Nathalia, No disrespect to Stanhope and as I've said earlier i would rate them pretty close to the side I was coaching this year but they would not get within 15 goals of Nathalia.
The KDL finalists would destroy the bottom 4 or 5 sides in the MFL:rolleyes:, are you in disneyland at the moment? Cobram, Moama, Toc, Tongala and Numurkah are the bottom 5 sides, no one other than Stanhope would beat any of them, Stanhope may beat any of the bottom 4 on their day but would not get near Numurkah. Every single one of these sides have got GV/O&M reps ex AFL players, and some with VFL players.

Gostanhope, good to see you've come around on the Stanhope v Tongala argument, but saying they would beat the Tonny side from their last two years of GVL is well off the mark, remember they drew with Echuca in their last year and we lost 7 of our 9 contracted players when I took over, so all the club has done is probably built the side back up to where it probably was in their last year in the GV (but with mainly locals instead of imports). If the same side that played in 2005, played in the MFL in 2006 they would have been knocking on the finals door.

The comparison of Bevo with Tongala and Kyabram ruckmen is not what mainland was alluding too, he would probably start in the ruck in front of the two names you mentioned, but what was said was that he'd start in any GVL side in a key position which he and I know is off the mark.

Sorry for the people who only want to talk about KDL on this thread but only replying to what has already been brought up on here.
Fair call Hank just my opinion and i must admit you are closer to the action....good luck with Tonny in 2008!

Hank, I never said Bevo would start in a key position in any GVFL side. I said Bevo would play in every GVFL side including Seymour. There's no need to put words in my mouth

You were winning me over with your arguement of Tonny v Stanhope players Hank, until you mentioned Kyle. There's no way he would be able to shut down Hoot, unless you were giving him 40 creds head start. As for the Stanhope side of things, Trist would be a regular member of every team in the GVFL including Seymour and Shepp Swans. When your 6-4, move well, have good skills and can play at either end of the game, you play seniors.

There is your quote then Baba, sorry just assumed "When your 6-4, move well, have good skills and can play at either end of the game(assume u mean ground)" you would be playing key position, I'll have to disagree with you, I don't think he would have got a game in Seymours Premiership side, reckon he would have slotted into the Swans on a Half Forward Flank though, he would have to be prepared to train atleast 3 times a week from December and I'm unsure if the ling would be able to get himself up for that dedication;)

Seymour Premiership side, who would you leave out to squeeze Bevo in?
14 ANDERSON, JAKE
4 COLBERT, Brent
22 HABERMAN, Bernard
21 HOOPER, Tim
15 INNESS, Robert
7 KELLY, Jamie
19 KING, Peter
3 LIDDELL, Brendan
24 MURRAY, Evan
9 O'KEEFE, Matthew
26 O'KEEFE, Timothy
34 PEMBERTON, Guy
6 PENN, Matthew
16 REID, Adam
5 SAAD, Saad
36 SCANLON, Paul
17 SCHOTTNER, Shane
10 SPARGO, Brett
12 STEVENSON, Luke
38 TOMKINS, David
11 VAN RIET, Rodney

i think your wrong here.... hank has said it before that the mid to weak players in that tonny side all would standout in the gv. that side was as good as what ky had this season and there is no way stanny would of beat ky....i think its good the way you fellas rate your league but you's need to have more respect for the major legues and the great players in it..

Trist would be a better ruckman than Jim Kelly, a better defender than Tim O'Keffe, who basically played as a back pocket in the GF, and could have eaily played the lead up role that Evan Murray did against the Swans, despite his bullants pedigree. I'm sure I could have pushed another few out as well

Trist would be a better ruckman than Jim Kelly, a better defender than Tim O'Keffe, who basically played as a back pocket in the GF, and could have eaily played the lead up role that Evan Murray did against the Swans, despite his bullants pedigree. I'm sure I could have pushed another few out as well
Shite, I better get on the blower and offer him $700 or $800 if he is good enough to ruck in this years GV premiership side.
Mate I rate Bevo highly (as I've tried to lure him across the past couple of years) but you are getting his potential mixed up with what he has actually done.

Your more than welcome to do what ever you like, but if I had the choice between Trist and Kelly, I'd choose the former. I'm not having a go at Jim, just stating my opinion. All the best with Tonny's recruiting :thumbsu:

Well Baba can you get him to Seymour so that Broady can again try tyo lure either Jim or young Dave Tomkins to Harley Hammond Reserve in 2008 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back