kdfl sept 07-jan 08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

Hank! do you ever have anything to say about your own club? maybe on the murray league forum? or do you just spend your time writing about the kdl and even more so Stanhope?

And good luck to the bloke,plays for an exceptional and successful club,something our club strives to be like but some posts on this thread saying he is better than certain guys in the Seymour lineup is nonsense..
Hey Jax! who is the team you are involved with?

Hank! do you ever have anything to say about your own club? maybe on the murray league forum? or do you just spend your time writing about the kdl and even more so Stanhope?

Say as much as anyone on the MFL site fencesitter, as you may see not too many people write on there though. I have an interest in all leagues in the area as I am a fanatical football follower, and as I still live in Stanhope and support them when I can obviously I will write about them. Who is your club fencesitter and what have you got to say about them?

Word today was that our own T.Perry was heading to Nathalia??

I doubt Tav would play against his brother Clint in the Murray League. A massive offer might persuade him though. With Echuca United losing a few players they would be 1 of many clubs trying to gain is signiture for next year.

I doubt Tav would play against his brother Clint in the Murray League. A massive offer might persuade him though. With Echuca United losing a few players they would be 1 of many clubs trying to gain is signiture for next year.

From what I hear they're all lining up far and wide for a crack at Tav's services :D

a rumor that i heard along the grapevine is that a few turner boys could b heading to tally n if so mellington from shepp bears wood follow.ne thoughts or can ne1 clear this up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dont believe everything you read doona,especially from blokes who have no idea.

You did stand down at the end of the season though did you not jaxbac?
Wasn't it something to do with having a more hands on roll with the running of the club without having to coach?

Sun 11/Nov 4:00 PM
8.7-55 NIGHTCLIFF def. by
29.15-189 SOUTHERN DISTRICTS
NIGHTCLIFF
Goal Kickers: S. SHEPPARD 2, P. AMARANT, J. CLEE, J. KICKETT, M. GIALLOURIS, J. PECKHAM
Best Players: J. PECKHAM, J. CLEE, C. IRWIN, R. CAMPBELL, A. CORRIE, D. FEVALEAKI
SOUTHERN DISTRICTS
Goal Kickers: B. AH MAT 4, G. RANDALL 4, S. VITI 4, C. KELLY 4, M. ROBERTS 4, P. CURLEY 3, M. RATTLEY 2, D. WHITE, A. RETI, M. CANNARD, J. MURRAY
Best Players: D. WHITE, K. DINGO, G. RANDALL, M. RATTLEY, M. MC LEAN, S. HODGES

For those interested Northern Territory results from the weekend, Irwin and Corrie in the best for Nightcliffe who both played at Gig, also Fevleaki from Elmore, he was BOG in their last two games.
Percy Roberts kicked 4 in his first game for Southern Districts and yes that D. White BOG is the Darryl White.

Sun 11/Nov 4:00 PM
8.7-55 NIGHTCLIFF def. by
29.15-189 SOUTHERN DISTRICTS
NIGHTCLIFF
Goal Kickers: S. SHEPPARD 2, P. AMARANT, J. CLEE, J. KICKETT, M. GIALLOURIS, J. PECKHAM
Best Players: J. PECKHAM, J. CLEE, C. IRWIN, R. CAMPBELL, A. CORRIE, D. FEVALEAKI
SOUTHERN DISTRICTS
Goal Kickers: B. AH MAT 4, G. RANDALL 4, S. VITI 4, C. KELLY 4, M. ROBERTS 4, P. CURLEY 3, M. RATTLEY 2, D. WHITE, A. RETI, M. CANNARD, J. MURRAY
Best Players: D. WHITE, K. DINGO, G. RANDALL, M. RATTLEY, M. MC LEAN, S. HODGES

For those interested Northern Territory results from the weekend, Irwin and Corrie in the best for Nightcliffe who both played at Gig, also Fevleaki from Elmore, he was BOG in their last two games.
Percy Roberts kicked 4 in his first game for Southern Districts and yes that D. White BOG is the Darryl White.
daryl white off the hooch and bundy cans by the look of things and playin some decent footy.

You did stand down at the end of the season though did you not jaxbac?
Wasn't it something to do with having a more hands on roll with the running of the club without having to coach?

Pretty close there Hank,with more time on my hands due to changes at our bussiness and alot of encouragement from the players and club,made the decision a little while back to have another crack,bring on 2008...

On a sad note,the Violet Town football club would like to pass on its condolences to the Kanters family and the Avenel football club on the passing of Scott.a great footballer and a champion young bloke who will be sorely missed by all..

Hey jaxbac if you dont mind me asking how did scott kanters pass away? i was lucky enough to meet him this year as i am from an oppistion club and he was such a good bloke and loved a chat!! very sad

Hey jaxbac if you dont mind me asking how did scott kanters pass away? i was lucky enough to meet him this year as i am from an oppistion club and he was such a good bloke and loved a chat!! very sad

i think he may have fallen ill awhile ago, not sure with what but ended up in a coma. the doctors expected him to make it thru the coma before christmas. very sad and condolences to family and friends.

Your right giveitawash,very very sad to see such a young fit bloke lose his life to a virus that the doctors were not really sure as to what it was.He was expected to make a full recovery but last week took a turn for the worst and never recovered.he worked for us at our business and all our staff thought the world of him.The world is less a place without him thats for sure...

Pretty close there Hank,with more time on my hands due to changes at our bussiness and alot of encouragement from the players and club,made the decision a little while back to have another crack,bring on 2008...

Well all the best with it Jaxbac, obviously got a lot of support from the playing group.

Shepp News 13/11/07
Trotter back in har ness
John Trotter has been reinstalled as coach at Violet Town after the backing of the Lions' playing group was enough to convince a change of heart.
Trotter had stepped aside as coach after the last Kyabram District Football League finals campaign where Violet Town slid from a second-placed home and away finish to a semi-final exit.
Trotter said upon resigning his energy would be best spent assisting the club in its financial matters and recruiting players.
But the Violet Town administration was left in no doubt that Trotter was still the man for the job after some players indicated the coach was their motivation to remain with the club.
Trotter said yesterday he was happy to coach and not disappointed that he was no longer taking his new role within the club.
"If a bloke with Goulburn Valley or Ovens and Murray Football League experience had put their hand up to be a playing coach, then me stepping aside would have been the right move," he said.
"I've freed up a bit more time with my work so I can really commit to the job next season.
"Matt Walker will also be stepping up and taking some responsibility as the coach of the midfield.
"Matt's a quality player and a real leader around the club, so it's good that he's lending me a hand."
Violet Town president Warren Ross said Trotter's reappointment had been the difference between some players staying on rather than leaving.
"I don't think anyone was fully aware of how strong the player support for John was when he stepped aside," Ross said.
"What he's done in his two years as coach has been tremendous.
"We understood his reasons for stepping aside, but we also feel he's a coach that can continue to grow Violet Town as a club."
Trotter said recruiting was still crucial to Violet Town's chances of backing up this year's performance with the likelihood it would lose its Melbourne-based players including best-and-fairest David Marguglio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back