KDFL U/18's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Made the journey across to the Mainland tonight to watch Rushworth play Nurmerkah and have to say after all the talk that the Rushy boys have been doing on here (and some from other clubs) you would have to say they were fairly dissapointing. They played a team smaller and younger than them and after half time didn't really look that with it. Some people have tipped them to finish high in the finals, the clubs running around here then must not be up to scratch if thats the case. Looking at Rushys line up you would think any team with a good midfield and a good forward line will cruise over Rushy. Back 6 included: The Miller twins, Mat Young, Jem Lambden, Sam Hitchcock and Josh Lunney. Not a footballer amongst them. Pump the ball in long and fast and they are under pressure big time! Other players i noticed that were running around that don't do a great deal included Dermott Clarke, Ben Kealy, Billy Wall, Matt Thomas, Robert Anderson (hot and cold) Daniel Moylan and also some big lump in the goalsquare, #48 i think he was. Players such as Todd Clarke, Jason Snelling, Michael Telford, Darren Read, Tom Clarke and Shaun Damon will surely have sore shoulders by the end of the year having to carry all the workload.

Made the journey across to the Mainland tonight to watch Rushworth play Nurmerkah and have to say after all the talk that the Rushy boys have been doing on here (and some from other clubs) you would have to say they were fairly dissapointing. They played a team smaller and younger than them and after half time didn't really look that with it. Some people have tipped them to finish high in the finals, the clubs running around here then must not be up to scratch if thats the case. Looking at Rushys line up you would think any team with a good midfield and a good forward line will cruise over Rushy. Back 6 included: The Miller twins, Mat Young, Jem Lambden, Sam Hitchcock and Josh Lunney. Not a footballer amongst them. Pump the ball in long and fast and they are under pressure big time! Other players i noticed that were running around that don't do a great deal included Dermott Clarke, Ben Kealy, Billy Wall, Matt Thomas, Robert Anderson (hot and cold) Daniel Moylan and also some big lump in the goalsquare, #48 i think he was. Players such as Todd Clarke, Jason Snelling, Michael Telford, Darren Read, Tom Clarke and Shaun Damon will surely have sore shoulders by the end of the year having to carry all the workload.

Also watched tonights game and thought Rushworth could have been better. I watched Shaun Damon closely after all the publicity on here about him from his own boys and i believe he is very overrated. He would have gathered atleast 20 possies but this was because he was recieving the ball from players such as Todd Clarke and Michael Telford who were getting under packs and feeding it out to him winning the hard ball whilst he stood in the middle by himself and waited for it. It has been stated on here that he is the first to get in and under to win it. How true you are Rushy boys, How true you are:rolleyes:

Also watched tonights game and thought Rushworth could have been better. I watched Shaun Damon closely after all the publicity on here about him from his own boys and i believe he is very overrated. He would have gathered atleast 20 possies but this was because he was recieving the ball from players such as Todd Clarke and Michael Telford who were getting under packs and feeding it out to him winning the hard ball whilst he stood in the middle by himself and waited for it. It has been stated on here that he is the first to get in and under to win it. How true you are Rushy boys, How true you are:rolleyes:

Yes very true in many respects. He is a talented footballer but doesn't work all that hard, as you mentioned, recieves alot of "freebie" kicks from players getting it for him. But hey, we should stop bad mouthing Shaun otherwise all the Rushy boys are going to come on here and start saying that i'm jealous of him or that he had an off night:D

may i ask was the team violet town that this kid plays for and secondly was it a cheap shot or a hit from behind because thats all the vt players seem to do they cant handle it when it comes to being face to face

can u plz give me sum names or numbers of these so called vt snipers buddy???

Stanhope 82 points over Gig ---- stanhope too much depth
Rushworth 120 points over Murch ---- murch = sh!t
Tally 30 points over Avenal ---- no1 messes with the tally boys
Lancaster 120 over Merrigum? ----- merrigum are hacks
Undera 70 over Ardy? ---- Undera will prove their premier favs
Nagaz 25 points over VT ---- VT lost too many & no depth

Go and geted well f#cked ya c#ckhead it was an under 18s comp anyway so numerkah had there over age players in......as for u tryin to say all them players cant play footy they must of played ok against the other teams to make it to the final it takes more than 3 or 4 players to win a game numerkah were just to quick and they used the ball better than us we came back in the last quarter though we just didnt have the legs to run it out where as numerkah had 6 on the bench to rotate but anyway bottom line is we were out played by a better team on the nite............... who the f#ck r u how do u go what team do u play for how will they go?

BRING ON ROUND 1

yeh well your biting your own words buddy coz the other day you were sayin todd was a sheepdog and nuthin special now your sayin he was in and under the packs feeding the ball out and winning the hard ball

Stanhope 82 points over Gig ---- stanhope too much depth
Rushworth 120 points over Murch ---- murch = sh!t
Tally 30 points over Avenal ---- no1 messes with the tally boys
Lancaster 120 over Merrigum? ----- merrigum are hacks
Undera 70 over Ardy? ---- Undera will prove their premier favs
Nagaz 25 points over VT ---- VT lost too many & no depth

what's whith that??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go and geted well f#cked ya c#ckhead it was an under 18s comp anyway so numerkah had there over age players in......as for u tryin to say all them players cant play footy they must of played ok against the other teams to make it to the final it takes more than 3 or 4 players to win a game numerkah were just to quick and they used the ball better than us we came back in the last quarter though we just didnt have the legs to run it out where as numerkah had 6 on the bench to rotate but anyway bottom line is we were out played by a better team on the nite............... who the f#ck r u how do u go what team do u play for how will they go?

BRING ON ROUND 1

Boo Hoo! Excuses, Excuses. You boys weren't good enough! Get over it:rolleyes:

is tom mccorkell the best player in the comp?

Good question Big Tony. I'm not too sure. He is definitely up there thats for sure. Better players running around would be Ryan Patten (2nd and 3rd in previous two League Best and Fairests), Shaun Damon ( 3rd in last years League Best and Fairest), Josh Sanderson and as you mentioned Tom McCorkell. All these players would be great to watch on there day, especially McCorkell and Patten considering they are midfielders with plenty of pace and regularly find the footy. Damon is much the same but does not have the type of speed either one of the above has. Sanderson is different to all three. Can win matches by big marks and big goals. Very crucial in thirds football.

Your thoughts Big Tony?

What is your problem? he was simpily stating that the weather conditions arent the greatest and that it will disadvantage rushy a little bit because of there height... thats the only disadvantage he still believes that rushy will win you idiot.

think about what your going to write before you start writing bulls#*t:thumbsdown:

Thinking, thinking, thinking.........nah, got nothing

Good question Big Tony. I'm not too sure. He is definitely up there thats for sure. Better players running around would be Ryan Patten (2nd and 3rd in previous two League Best and Fairests), Shaun Damon ( 3rd in last years League Best and Fairest), Josh Sanderson and as you mentioned Tom McCorkell. All these players would be great to watch on there day, especially McCorkell and Patten considering they are midfielders with plenty of pace and regularly find the footy. Damon is much the same but does not have the type of speed either one of the above has. Sanderson is different to all three. Can win matches by big marks and big goals. Very crucial in thirds football.

Your thoughts Big Tony?

i agree entirely i couldnt think of anyone better then those 4 players mentioned!! i think the only difference is if damon or sanderson fails the team fails due to the lack of depth but if mccorkell or patten fail the team still does well. all 3 times we played stanhope corks lined up on patto n it was a battle well worth watching very evenly matched boys. where as sanderson didn't perform in finals and damon only played full forward against us so hard to tell with him but he looked slow but still very skillful.... another player to watch is jye patten if he's gotten bigger??? i was watching the grand final dvd from last year and the kid had 10 touches in the last ten minutes of the game n kicked 1.1 and he had limited game time but he looks a huge prospect.

who do yous think will be the stand outs for each team this year?

stanhope- ryan n jye patten,regan hansen, alex o'reilly, jason leocata, nick west to if still eligible
violet town- corks, brennan, floate, abley, symes, harwood.
nagaz- sanderson, muir, comi
avenal- dont no much about
undera- dunno now that BC has left
rushy- damon, snelling, chilly

they are about all the teams that matter!

stanhope- ryan n jye patten,regan hansen, alex o'reilly, jason leocata, nick west to if still eligible

The ever reliable lee brennan wont let the towners down although should be playing all year in the ones why is abley not playing GV footy

yeah on the money there big tony.. i think Hayden Floate from VT is a more than a handy footballer, with the players such as abley and corks he doesnt seem to get alot of credt, but corks and abley wouldnt get the ball out of the centre if he doesnt tap it to them!!

Lost of talk about Rushy VT and Stanhope on here... havent heard much about Lanky at all! I've heard a bit goin round that they will shape up not too badly in 2008 with some names coming from Ky 16's.. good footballer Wes Shellie one to watch this yr

Lost of talk about Rushy VT and Stanhope on here... havent heard much about Lanky at all! I've heard a bit goin round that they will shape up not too badly in 2008 with some names coming from Ky 16's.. good footballer Wes Shellie one to watch this yr
very good player! i hope he plays for ky thirds so we dont have to play him cause he will kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back