Kersten

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha! Tom Hawkins. Impressive, one game at least.

Didn't say it was a useless skill, just less important than it used to be and not the be all and end all.

Only 1 player averaged more than 2 contested marks a game this year (min 5. games). Just saying, no use whinging about Kersten's lack of height for something that might happen once a game. Seriously, what else is his height good for?

For talking people up on bigfooty, dont you know this game??

The rules are, find one fairly meaningless statistic, and extrapolate several paragraphs about how it means player "X," either is, or will be the best player in the competition, according to your statistical formula for picking the best player in the comp (which itself is created to match player X to begin with).

It works best if you start a new thread on the main board, and directly compare this player to a young player in the team of your closest rivals, preferably someone who is nothing like player X.

For talking people up on bigfooty, dont you know this game??

The rules are, find one fairly meaningless statistic, and extrapolate several paragraphs about how it means player "X," either is, or will be the best player in the competition, according to your statistical formula for picking the best player in the comp (which itself is created to match player X to begin with).

It works best if you start a new thread on the main board, and directly compare this player to a young player in the team of your closest rivals, preferably someone who is nothing like player X.
Hahaha, gold. Thanks for the help... was wondering how to fast track my development from n00b. Was either your advice or the Luc Longley Leadership Program, but I prefer the former ;-)

Like Clarko said when discussing Fev, today's footy is about multiple options.

Of the better fwd lines last year West Coast had JK, Qlog and Darling. Hawks have Buddy, Roughy and still went hard for Gunston. Collingwood have Cloke, Dawes, Brown. Cats had a mix Tom, Ottens, Mooney, Pods, resting ruck etc.

You don't avoid a good KPF in the draft because you already have Jack Reiwoldt. He's a loose unit in the scone department as it is and has proven to be a good option up forward, but no indication yet he'll be a Tony Lockett cornerstone.

If I'm RFC I take him if I think he's better than the equivalent mids there. Best available is the best method early. Position should only be a tie breaker between two equally tasty prospects.

On the online chat with Jason Phelan he was asked if Fremantle should select Shane Kersten if he was available to us at 16. He said if he was available to us at 16 we should pick someone else and get Kersten at 20. Obviously he thinks the Bullies, Kangas and Essendon would pick someone else.

another similar post to Jason

Comment From Goodbye
Should Fremantle use their first pick for Brandon Ellis at 16 in the hope Kersten falls to them as their second pick at 20?

His response:
Jason Phelan: Hello Goodbye - if Kersten doesn't go to GWS then Fremantle should definitely hold off on drafting him until 20 and take Ellis or Adams at 16.

On the online chat with Jason Phelan he was asked if Fremantle should select Shane Kersten if he was available to us at 16. He said if he was available to us at 16 we should pick someone else and get Kersten at 20. Obviously he thinks the Bullies, Kangas and Essendon would pick someone else.

Based on his "thoughts" about us taking Bootsma with pick 29 I would suggest this bloke is likely to end up in the Karl Langdon category in terms of the mediots. Mostly harmless, mostly wrong.

Having said that, I think he may be right about pick 16. Once again it all comes down to who else is there. If our top rated mids are gone, why not grab him to be sure. If there are still a couple of the guys rated higher than him left, grab one and take the punt that he'll last to 20.

Best available. Position as a tie breaker.

Yeah I'm a bit concerned we'll take him with one of our first 3. If we took Hill and Bootsma among the first 3 I'd consider that a disaster of epic proportions (and we've been heavily linked to the two).

It seems over our history, especially under the Cuddles era, our penchant for tall, flaky half backs has consistently come back to bite us on the arse.

Call it tunnel vision but inside mids and KPP's with our first few picks please, if not all of them (Lower upgrade pick and Dawson PSD pick excepted, and guess what types they are :p)

For those that've seen him, does Talia's love of flourbags really offset the strengths of his game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those that've seen him, does Talia's love of flourbags really offset the strengths of his game?

I've seen a couple of these quotes regarding Talia's love of flourbags - what do you mean?

In the video footage he looks like a very big, filled out bloke who's ready to go - wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to the Jack Darling / Michael Hurley of this draft - athletic enough / big enough to have immediate impact.

I've seen a couple of these quotes regarding Talia's love of flourbags - what do you mean?

In the video footage he looks like a very big, filled out bloke who's ready to go - wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to the Jack Darling / Michael Hurley of this draft - athletic enough / big enough to have immediate impact.

Couldnt hit the side of a barn from 20 metres...terrible. Shame really cause he has all the other goodies.

Yeah I'm a bit concerned we'll take him with one of our first 3. If we took Hill and Bootsma among the first 3 I'd consider that a disaster of epic proportions (and we've been heavily linked to the two).

It seems over our history, especially under the Cuddles era, our penchant for tall, flaky half backs has consistently come back to bite us on the arse.

Call it tunnel vision but inside mids and KPP's with our first few picks please, if not all of them (Lower upgrade pick and Dawson PSD pick excepted, and guess what types they are :p)

IMO KPD's are better to pick up as mature age players, they've developed and can come straight in as men not boys. Get the skillz at the draft.

Yeah what JP said. I suppose it's because of his disposal that he's even being considered at our picks, if it was even slightly better he'd be snapped up by GWS I'm guessing.

Wondering if it's something he can overcome, our very own MDB did but few people have his attitude.

Is there anyone else out there related to a Freo player that we could partner up with Brad Hill and Bootsma? Keep the bloodlines pure, guys!

Remove this Banner Ad

Kersten

Remove this Banner Ad

Back