Kevin Pietersen sacked by England

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Pietersen is currently playing in the Indian T20 League. Is he going to play county cricket this year, or has he now retired from first class cricket?

Don't blame him.

Downton has come out again with more anti-KP stuff. You'd think now that he is not playing for them, they'd just move on but no... one more round of the blame game again.

I dont know who Cook and Downton will make the scapegoat if we have a bad series in the future. The ECB are still giving Steve Finn the cold shoulder because he had a slight argument with saker. I dont like how people in the team keep getting ratted out and then punished by the ECB grey suits.

Pietersen might be a knob but he's running rings around the ECB: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jun/09/kevin-pietersen-ashley-giles-ecb-peter-moores

The ECB has shuffled back and forth on the issue. Their leaks were unpersuasive, their public pronouncements even more so. Downton had a crack at KP and then had to apologise.

Pietersen, on the other hand, has kept his powder dry – admittedly Piers Morgan has been blowing his trumpet non-stop. But Pietersen finally goes whack. And I reckon most people will find his account more plausible than anything coming from the ECB and their toadies, like Paul Newman at the Daily Mail.

The ECB must be dreading Pietersen's book. He's going to tip a steaming bucket of shit all over them. And, judging by their efforts when they haven't really been under any pressure, it's hard to imagine them responding effectively. It will be awesome.

Last edited:
Pietersen might be a knob but he's running rings around the ECB: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jun/09/kevin-pietersen-ashley-giles-ecb-peter-moores

The ECB has shuffled back and forth on the issue. Their leaks were unpersuasive, their public pronouncements even more so. Downton had a crack at KP and then had to apologise.

Pietersen, on the other hand, has kept his powder dry – admittedly Piers Morgan has been blowing his trumpet non-stop. But Pietersen finally goes whack. And I reckon most people will find his account more plausible than anything coming from the ECB and their toadies, like Paul Newman at the Daily Mail.

The ECB must be dreading Pietersen's book. He's going to tip a steaming bucket of shit all over them. And, judging by their efforts when they haven't really been under any pressure, it's hard to imagine them responding effectively. It will be awesome.

To be honest, all that article you linked does is prove how egocentric he is. He honestly thinks the only reason the ECB looked over Giles for the head coaching job was because he was too close to Sir Pietersen? He needs to get his hand off it.

However, the article that he actually did write (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cr...shes-series-was-no-fun-Im-glad-to-be-out.html) didn't include a lot of what was quoted in The Guardian article. And although I understand that his brief would've been to talk about the Australian tour from his perspective, the whole thing was so narcissistic it made me squirm. And all the stuff about his cricket academies and how he would pay for them so that his coaching ethos would come through. AAARRGGHHH!!!

To be honest, all that article you linked does is prove how egocentric he is. He honestly thinks the only reason the ECB looked over Giles for the head coaching job was because he was too close to Sir Pietersen? He needs to get his hand off it.
Everyone knows he's egocentric. That's no longer the issue.

The issue is whether the ECB has any credibility. At the moment, they're struggling and Pietersen's comments are perfectly weighted to reinforce that impression of dysfunction, bullshit and arse-covering.

The ECB has yet to give any real reason for sacking Pietersen. And frankly, if they had a really good reason, it probably would have been leaked. In that vaccuum, the Pietersen narrative could easily take hold. By then, it will be too late for the ECB to respond at all.

Everyone knows he's egocentric. That's no longer the issue.

The issue is whether the ECB has any credibility. At the moment, they're struggling and Pietersen's comments are perfectly weighted to reinforce that impression of dysfunction, bullshit and arse-covering.

The ECB has yet to give any real reason for sacking Pietersen. And frankly, if they had a really good reason, it probably would have been leaked. In that vaccuum, the Pietersen narrative could easily take hold. By then, it will be too late for the ECB to respond at all.

Yeah, I agree with you wholeheartedly on that. They really look like a pack of fools, don't they?

However, the article that he actually did write (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cr...shes-series-was-no-fun-Im-glad-to-be-out.html) didn't include a lot of what was quoted in The Guardian article. And although I understand that his brief would've been to talk about the Australian tour from his perspective, the whole thing was so narcissistic it made me squirm.

Yep. Typical KP "All the boys love me, especially Broady and Swannie and I particularly loved #KPGenius even if blackcat was behind it."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Typical KP "All the boys love me, especially Broady and Swannie and I particularly loved #KPGenius even if blackcat was behind it."
medusala this reminds me of a cycling PED doping blog i used to read called More Glorious Than Hookers and Blow MGTHB

Now I have played 104 Tests, batted at all the best grounds in the world and been lucky enough to score hundreds everywhere. Could I play more Test cricket? Yes of course, but should I sit here thinking I should be playing on Thursday? No, because that is when jealousy and negative thoughts come into your head.
KP, luck had nuffin 2 do wif it

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-sri-lanka-2014/content/current/story/751263.html

Sangakkara sums it pretty nicely.

"I don't know the reasons for KP's exclusion but the fact remains that he's an amazing player," Sangakkara told Wisden Extra. "For us, it's been like that with Lasith Malinga. He is very different in the way he looks, and as a person. Not everyone gets on well with each other in a team. There are certain people you might not have dinner with, but that doesn't take away from the fact they will be valuable players in a national cause, going out trying to win matches."

"Without going into details, we've had our own issues and difficulties over the years inside the dressing-room and outside it," Sangakkara said. "We've dealt with that very well as a side, and having 11 similar players is definitely not a positive thing. Having different players, different attitudes, different individuals and bringing that difference into the mix but being able to commit 100% to a team cause - that's the beauty of cricket."

The saga that keeps on giving. This is the English team that I grew up with - petty, constantly bickering, always over-promising and under-delivering, and most importantly, rubbish on the field. Love it!
Just highlights what a blip the past few ashes have been and how poor we have been. Normal order has been restored - backstabbing and player merry go rounds galore - Bravo chaps!

Remove this Banner Ad

Kevin Pietersen sacked by England

Remove this Banner Ad

Back