T20 World Cup Game 17 Australia v England, June 9 0230hrs @ Kensington Oval Barbados

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

For those who bagged the selection of Warner and Stoinis, the selectors have once again proven to be spot on.
I wanted FMG in the side TBH.

Long way to go of course.

Would last night be our strongest side?
Any possible changes?
still worried about maxi tuggs

just watched his innings...and he looks woefully short of form ..some nice shots but he is really struggling imo

I am still worried about the middle order with regards to playing the spin....just think the bigger boys struggle with the spinners at times... mitch payed alright but he had archer wood bowling the majority at him ...just think an Inglis would be better suited atm in the middle

stoin is going fantastic atm ....I was worried about him at the start

bowling line up going okay

I do have a complaint about the boundaries though

58 meters on one side is crap....I hate it how they bring the boundaries in on smaller grounds

I don't mind it when the pitches are balanced between bat and ball, the issue with the IPL short boundaries often its accompanied with a road which in effect the bowlers are just there for show, but so far this World Cup batsmen have actually had to work for there runs.

I don't mind it when the pitches are balanced between bat and ball, the issue with the IPL short boundaries often its accompanied with a road which in effect the bowlers are just there for show, but so far this World Cup batsmen have actually had to work for there runs.
yeah thats to do with the low slow bounce but it still annoys me in t20 that they bring in the boundaries at least 5 -10 meters at time...for advertising dancers etc....its too much for me ..yes bring them in for safety but thats it

You need to remember even in Maxi's prime he went on long stints of doing nothing.. people say all the time you need to take the good with the bad with him... good chance he does nothing all tournament then plays a decent knock come the finals.

yeah thats to do with the low slow bounce but it still annoys me in t20 that they bring in the boundaries at least 5 -10 meters at time...for advertising dancers etc....its too much for me ..yes bring them in for safety but thats it

If you had long boundaries on some of the pitches we have seen so far you'd have some low scoring games lol

1717900970792.png
There are some horrid IPL seasons for Maxwell for someone so highly regarded in this format, he just does enough to keep getting a contract and flukes something every now and then lol

One question would be do we want India/SA to have free wins against Scotland or have to face England. We won't be facing a minnow if we manage to make a final.
It's England any time they are sent home early it's for the good of the tournament.

Why worry about South Africa anyway they shit the bed come semi finals.

I suppose India will be there regardless so it's not really a worry for mine.

You need to remember even in Maxi's prime he went on long stints of doing nothing.. people say all the time you need to take the good with the bad with him... good chance he does nothing all tournament then plays a decent knock come the finals.
yeah I know and most likely maxi will produce a gem next game but he is still.a worry for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's England any time they are sent home early it's for the good of the tournament.

Why worry about South Africa anyway they shit the bed come semi finals.

I suppose India will be there regardless so it's not really a worry for mine.
I would be happy for the Saffers to win....reckon they have a good t20 side

as long as England and the Indians lose I am happy

just watched his innings...and he looks woefully short of form ..some nice shots but he is really struggling imo

I am still worried about the middle order with regards to playing the spin....just think the bigger boys struggle with the spinners at times... mitch payed alright but he had archer wood bowling the majority at him ...just think an Inglis would be better suited atm in the middle

stoin is going fantastic atm ....I was worried about him at the start

bowling line up going okay
Maxwell is a proven match winner mate.
You can always carry one of those IMO.

Agree with you about 58 meter boundaries.
That's even small for junior cricket.

Throw in flat decks and huge bats and it's just too far in the batsman's favour IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

T20 World Cup Game 17 Australia v England, June 9 0230hrs @ Kensington Oval Barbados

Back