Kieren Jack RL Myth

Remove this Banner Ad

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
It is often mentioned that Kieren Jack turned his back on a promising League career, that he has come from a different background, that he hasnt played AFL his whole life etc... Obviously the fact his old man is a NSWRL great adds to the hype.

Even Gerard Healy in the game today tried to draw parallels between Pyke and Jack's Careers. Really Gerard?

Kieren Jack started playing footy for Pennant Hills when he was 12 (primary school). He stopped playing League when he was 13. He made NSW/ACT under 18s team where he showed enough to be rookie drafted by the Swans.

Jack's story is a good one. Sydney junior footy player, that went on to play AFL for the Swans, winning a B&F and turning into one of the best midfielders in the game. Hopefully he can add higher honours to this before his career is over.

I'm am sick of all this League background BS, he is a product of a strong junior footy club in a strong pocket of the Sydney competition. A club that has produced Mark & Jarrad McVeigh, Lenny Hayes and Jack.

it's good marketing though, which I think the Swans would be happy with, and the AFL. I guess the question is when did Kizza start league, because that's probably hte age kids in trad AFL states start plying Aussie Rules. There is going to be a few years in there. I really dislike the our game is better than your game shit, they're just different skill sets. I'm a jaded league fan who took an interest in the Swans they first arrived in Sydney, so I think AFL is far more exciting to watch, but after watching countless games of league going back to the days when Canterbury were the Berry's, I suppose anything might get boring

It is often mentioned that Kieren Jack turned his back on a promising League career, that he has come from a different background, that he hasnt played AFL his whole life etc... Obviously the fact his old man is a NSWRL great adds to the hype.

Even Gerard Healy in the game today tried to draw parallels between Pyke and Jack's Careers. Really Gerard?

Kieren Jack started playing footy for Pennant Hills when he was 12 (primary school). He stopped playing League when he was 13. He made NSW/ACT under 18s team where he showed enough to be rookie drafted by the Swans.

Jack's story is a good one. Sydney junior footy player, that went on to play AFL for the Swans, winning a B&F and turning into one of the best midfielders in the game. Hopefully he can add higher honours to this before his career is over.

I'm am sick of all this League background BS, he is a product of a strong junior footy club in a strong pocket of the Sydney competition. A club that has produced Mark & Jarrad McVeigh, Lenny Hayes and Jack.

Lets not forget Terry Thripp.

The Jesse White basketball myth is, or at least was, a far more misleading and pervasive myth.
So was the one about White having potential

Remove this Banner Ad

Kieren Jack RL Myth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back