FTA-TV King Elvis' Married At First Sight Thread

Who will be the last couple standing?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is no doubt Anthony has an air of arrogance but I just find the hate that is spewed in his direction by some on this board and the trashy media to be indicative of the society we have become. In the world we live in today, people who speak directly and don't mind healthy discussion and confrontation are often criticised because they don't fit into today's theme of being politically correct and are making others feel "unsafe" with their style of communication.

On a skillfully edited show like MAFS, it's very easy to pick and choose quotes to form someone's show persona. Yes Anthony has said everything quoted but he hasn't been far off the mark with a lot of what he has said. He's probably a type of person I would feel comfortable around as you know where you stand with him and he seems to have the maturity and intelligence to have healthy debates with.
Yep. Nothing to do with him being an egotistical, bullying, mean spirited control freak. It's all just because the PC crowd can't handle him :rolleyes:

Yep. Nothing to do with him being an egotistical, bullying, mean spirited control freak. It's all just because the PC crowd can't handle him :rolleyes:
The PC crowd not being able to handle confrontation and direct communication - fact. Your description of him in a heavily edited setting, well that's a matter of interpretation. :rainbow:

He's straight up and from what we've seen so far hasn't demonstrated a temper or shown any anger.

As detestable as his opinions are, he's not quite shit bloke material. On the sliding scale Jonesy is a shit bloke, Anthony is a dickhead, and Michael was a bit of a dick.

Sent from mTalk

I'm glad Anthony clarified the skateboard was an upgrade, and the editing tried hard to make him look like douche again. It's one thing being opinionated and blunt, but there's a fine line when his assertiveness becomes intolerance and chauvinistic in tone. It's not being PC to treat people with respect and dignity, it's basic human rights.

I took that comment as him saying something like 'not what I expected but just as good', I would say like asking for an SG and getting a Les Paul.

Not purposely mean.

Sent from mTalk

we've seen plenty of editing to make it appear people are taken aback at some of what anthony says. ie, shots of nadia screwing up her face when anthony isn't the shot but we're hearing his voice. think he was bullshitting when he said the skateboard was an upgrade though, just trying to save his ass from his own lack of tact. but i agreed with the thrust of it - most people probably went into this show thinking they were going to be paired up with something different.

Cheryl is clearly using Jonesy as she wants him only to remain on TV. Jonesy was within his rights to launch into her, he was just having a laugh with the boys. Sean is a rat for breaking the boys code. Onya bike champ, back to your horses. And buy some new clothes ya bum.

Feels like a few more of the ladies are in it for their Kardashian experience than the gents. That's why it's a bit hard to feel sorry for them. Despite that Andrew is the flog king right now. Was painted as this nice caring bloke but it just all shattered after getting on the piss there lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That all you got Edgie? C'mon champ, you were making me laugh. You were taking the pi#s right? Haha.

It's really all I need.

Buuuuut...
The only person looking to extend their TV career is the douche whipping out his acoustic at every possible opportunity to plug his terrible songs.

Sent from mTalk

I took that comment as him saying something like 'not what I expected but just as good', I would say like asking for an SG and getting a Les Paul.

After the show tried to edit it to make Anthony look douchey again, they eventually showed him actually saying he meant the skateboard was better than the bike, so he meant it as a compliment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back