KISS to play at the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

60 better might be your musical taste but you won’t get 60 more known, still popular, still touring and selling out concerts, better shows than a kiss gig:…

Don’t like them don’t watch. Pretty simple… Robbie Williams is a try hard pain in the butt; didn’t watch a second what he put out…

I’ve been to 5 gfs my teams been in:. Outside of Bryan Adams in 2015 I’ve coped
1994 The Seekers
2005 Dame Edna, flipping delta and bubble
2006– Brian manix, John Paul young and Braithwaite

And the worst of all 2018 the Black eyed peas..

Kiss comfortably has all of them covered

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hey I think they'd be a great band for a GF. They still seem to play well and they put on a show. At first i thought it was a bit of a joke but after thinking about it they'd be a good choice.

Better than some of the performers you've named for sure. But since the 50s there have been a shitload of better, more innovative and more talented bands. No one could deny that with a straight face.

One of the North Board mods was in the crowd of a Kiss concert at VFL park.

There you go, i shared it. Your turn.
I was 10 years old and a KISS fanatic when they played in 1980 at Waverley.

Weeks and weeks of begging to go to the concert with mates fell on deaf ears with my mother who regarded KISS as a bit satanic and thought I might be killed or sacrificed by a death cult.

I was 10 years old and a KISS fanatic when they played in 1980 at Waverley.

Weeks and weeks of begging to go to the concert with mates fell on deaf ears with my mother who regarded KISS as a bit satanic and thought I might be killed or sacrificed by a death cult.
"Knights in Satan's Service" they used to say. Stanley and Simmons were Jewish too so there might have been a bit of racism tucked in there somewhere. Alot of ****ed up attitudes to music back then coming out of the US Christian community.

I was about the same age that year, there were people planning on going (I lived in Hobart) but it never happened.

"Knights in Satan's Service" they used to say. Stanley and Simmons were Jewish too so there might have been a bit of racism tucked in there somewhere. Alot of ****ed up attitudes to music back then coming out of the US Christian community.

I was about the same age that year, there were people planning on going (I lived in Hobart) but it never happened.

Who can forget the mind blowing absurdity of Judas Priest getting sued and going on trial in a U.S. court in 1985 getting blamed for a teen suicide.

Crazy to think back on..

Lennon did their poor little heads in.

Hey I think they'd be a great band for a GF. They still seem to play well and they put on a show. At first i thought it was a bit of a joke but after thinking about it they'd be a good choice.

Better than some of the performers you've named for sure. But since the 50s there have been a shitload of better, more innovative and more talented bands. No one could deny that with a straight face.

Depends what you want to measure it on. Frehley is listed by most guitarist as their biggest influence or one their biggest, Simmons bass playing is under rated and Stanley would be someone if you needed someone to right a tune to save your life would be at the head of the line…

As for their shows they were innovators at putting on a gig “ being the band they never saw” and a lot of current artist drag stuff out of a kiss show..

You don’t survive 50 years if you aren’t doing a lot of things right and in-spite of what the critics and cynics say here they still are.

Depends what you want to measure it on. Frehley is listed by most guitarist as their biggest influence or one their biggest, Simmons bass playing is under rated and Stanley would be someone if you needed someone to right a tune to save your life would be at the head of the line…
Ok let’s not get carried away here. Just from the second half of the seventies alone, Van Halen, Gilmour, the Eagles, Lindsay Buckingham, Knopfler, Billy Gibbons, Brian May all have him comfortably covered as influences.

Ok let’s not get carried away here. Just from the second half of the seventies alone, Van Halen, Gilmour, the Eagles, Lindsay Buckingham, Knopfler, Billy Gibbons, Brian May all have him comfortably covered as influences.

Plenty of guitarist’s rate Frehley as an influence in their careers..
Was he the biggest in the world no.. but that wasn’t the question

For comparison, apparently the NRL just have a Tina Turner impersonator as their main GF entertainment.

Cheaper than what KISS would be asking I suppose.
As I pointed out earlier, it's not quite that bad or cheap or tacky by the NRL.

It's the cast of Tina Turner - The Musical which is currently playing in Sydney who will be appearing. It's the first GF since Tina's passing and it's the 30th anniversary of her iconic performance at the 93 Grand Final.

So it makes sense and will be a fitting tribute to one of the all-time great sports promotions and the person at the forefront of it. And I'm no defender of the NRL, believe me.

Who can forget the mind blowing absurdity of Judas Priest getting sued and going on trial in a U.S. court in 1985 getting blamed for a teen suicide.

Crazy to think back on..

West Memphis Three. Tipper Gore and the PMRC. Some pretty ****ed up stuff over there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King Stingray more of a second act would work well I think. Probably both as the main act but it's good catchy rock I think most would enjoy it.

The Killers shows that bands around that age (20 years old) resonate well. They are still performing at their peak, most older people know their songs as do the younger people.

Every act seems to divide thr public but nearly everyone seemed to love that set from the Killers.

Ever since that day it felt like bands such as Mumford and Sons, Kings of Leon, Fall Out Boy etc would be the next on call, for the exact reason you mentioned.

Instead the following year we got the Black Eyed Peas but the majority of the casual audience who knew their songs also didn't realise Fergie had left. Wasn't a good follow-up to The Killers.

Plenty of guitarist’s rate Frehley as an influence in their careers..
Was he the biggest in the world no.. but that wasn’t the question
Yeah but your statement suggested he was listed by most, as their biggest or one of their biggest influences.

Look, KISS are fun, and if you like them, you like them and that’s great. But they’re also pretty cheesy, and not exactly game changers like Van Halen, except for the stage shows (which don’t really come across in albums).

The stage show and the stuff around the music was a huge game changer though.

Yeah but your statement suggested he was listed by most, as their biggest or one of their biggest influences.

Look, KISS are fun, and if you like them, you like them and that’s great. But they’re also pretty cheesy, and not exactly game changers like Van Halen, except for the stage shows (which don’t really come across in albums).

The stage show and the stuff around the music was a huge game changer though.

It certainly wouldn’t come across on an album like Dynasty….. you just got unlucky!!

If you got creatures on the night, revenge, love gun or rock n roll over your opinion would be a bit different I’m sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

KISS to play at the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back