KISS to play at the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone wants a big laugh listen to these dorks talk about KISS for 2 hours (I only listened because I like their 'special guest' Eddie Trunk)

Mark Seymour (and the Undertow) and Kate Miller Heidke headlining the half time show with others to be announced.

This is more embarrassing than Kiss. If you're going to headline the entertainment with a band in their 70's, surely you find a young Australian artist or group to appeal to the younger audience.

I don't even know anything Kate Miller-Heidke does, and after a Google I've just discovered she's 41.

This is more embarrassing than Kiss. If you're going to headline the entertainment with a band in their 70's, surely you find a young Australian artist or group to appeal to the younger audience.

I don't even know anything Kate Miller-Heidke does, and after a Google I've just discovered she's 41.
Sorry. I thought that I had written that there are other Aussies still to be added to the bill.

NRL are going with a Tina Turner impersonator (from the Tina Turner show) to headline their entertainment by performing a tribute. Suffice to say that their fans are less than impressed.
It's a bit more than an impersonator, that makes it sound a bit tacky. It's the cast of the musical who will be appearing as I understand it.
Whether I agree with it or not, I get the logic. The show is currently being played in Sydney, Tina sadly passed this year and it is the 30th anniversary of her iconic appearance at the 1993 Grand Final. So it all fits together neatly.
I'm sure RL fans will cope, the same way that AFL fans will cope with Kiss. :)

Sorry. I thought that I had written that there are other Aussies still to be added to the bill.

Hopefully some up and coming acts are given a gig!

Would personally love to see Slowly Slowly or Ocean Grove. Melbourne bands known to the Triple J audience and who get plenty of air play on Friday night footy at the breaks.

It's a bit more than an impersonator, that makes it sound a bit tacky. It's the cast of the musical who will be appearing as I understand it.
Whether I agree with it or not, I get the logic. The show is currently being played in Sydney, Tina sadly passed this year and it is the 30th anniversary of her iconic appearance at the 1993 Grand Final. So it all fits together neatly.
I'm sure RL fans will cope, the same way that AFL fans will cope with Kiss. :)
It's a fairly no name and cut price piece of entertainment and a lot of NRL fans are up in arms. Being up in arms appears to be the standard default position when it comes to pre match entertainment these days.

It's a fairly no name and cut price piece of entertainment and a lot of NRL fans are up in arms. Being up in arms appears to be the standard default position when it comes to pre match entertainment these days.
Yeah, I haven't seen the reaction.

But you make a good point, they could bring Lennon and Harrison back from the dead and reunite the Beatles for the pre match entertainment, and there would still be people complaining. It's such a relatively small part of the day I don't get the annual whinging about it. :(

Yeah, I haven't seen the reaction.

But you make a good point, they could bring Lennon and Harrison back from the dead and reunite the Beatles for the pre match entertainment, and there would still be people complaining. It's such a relatively small part of the day I don't get the annual whinging about it. :(
Agree but if you could do the Lazarus thing a grand final ticket would be worth a few dollars.

Utter joke that the AFL is wheeling out these geriatrics. 40 years ago they would have gone alright. Why not get an age appropriate band? What would be the average age of the attendees at the GF? 40, give or take? Maybe 35?

How about maybe bringing in some talent that made it big THIS MILENNIUM? Tame Impala? King Gizzard? Fisher? Flume? Sia? Hilltop Hoods? Jeez, even bring Kylie back for a bit of fun. At least she's still pumping out relevant, contemporary bops.

KISS is just very, very sad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Utter joke that the AFL is wheeling out these geriatrics. 40 years ago they would have gone alright. Why not get an age appropriate band? What would be the average age of the attendees at the GF? 40, give or take? Maybe 35?

How about maybe bringing in some talent that made it big THIS MILENNIUM? Tame Impala? King Gizzard? Fisher? Flume? Sia? Hilltop Hoods? Jeez, even bring Kylie back for a bit of fun. At least she's still pumping out relevant, contemporary bops.

Who?? Which of those have made it big ?? Any sell out stadiums?

And sorry most people who attend the gf are over 35 so kiss still being relevant whether you like it or not is a good choice. …

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If anyone wants a big laugh listen to these dorks talk about KISS for 2 hours (I only listened because I like their 'special guest' Eddie Trunk)

Crikey almighty. … the bloody three sides gang and Eddie” I hate kiss because Paul Stanley made a joke about my radio show” Trunk. …

Would be a wonderful convo I’m sure if any of them could stop playing with themselves….

The best kiss podcast around is Shout it out Loudcast and they have had Eddie on couple of times and fought with him on some issues which would make a far better interview than the Three Sides Gang …

Enjoy this one instead

Or this one

Last edited:
KISS’ only hope is having Bruce Kullick play and resurrecting Eric Carr. That was their peak lineup. They’re well over cooked.

Bruce is still rocking kiss tunes.

When he isn’t playing in grand funk radio he goes out doing the tunes kiss doesn’t play with Todd Kearns, Brent Fitz and Zach Throne.. their awesome

Crikey almighty. … the bloody three sides gang and Eddie” I hate kiss because Paul Stanley made a joke about my radio show” Trunk. …

Would be a wonderful convo I’m sure if any of them could stop playing with themselves….

The best kiss podcast around is Shout it out Loudcast and they have had Eddie on couple of times and fought with him on some issues which would make a far better interview than the Three Sides Gang …

Enjoy this one instead

Or this one

Thanks for the links. I genuinely like Eddie Trunk and I could listen to him talk all day about KISS so I will check this out.

He does a new version of That Metal Show now called 'That Rocks' which is good too (features my favourite comedian, Jim Florentine)

NRL are going with a Tina Turner impersonator (from the Tina Turner show) to headline their entertainment by performing a tribute. Suffice to say that their fans are less than impressed.
There is always a bit of rivalry with which pre game entertainment is better where we live.

Looks like both will be a flop this year.

The Tina Turner tribute makes sense for the NRL for how big her song was and how it resonates with league fans, but maybe as more of a support act thrown in somewhere.

Hilltop Hoods would have been fantastic. No idea why they haven't been used yet. No doubt would have many boomers up in arms but most under 50 would enjoy it I'd imagine.

King Stingray would have been great too.

Most music I listen to is still 80's and 90's but I feel like we have done all that 80's Aussie music to death now. This will be Mark Seymour's 5th grand final.

Hilltop Hoods would have been fantastic. No idea why they haven't been used yet. No doubt would have many boomers up in arms but most under 50 would enjoy it I'd imagine.

King Stingray would have been great too.

Most music I listen to is still 80's and 90's but I feel like we have done all that 80's Aussie music to death now. This will be Mark Seymour's 5th grand final.

Still believe they should go for broke one year and have Hilltop and Parkway Drive in a pre-game battle of the genres.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back