Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2010 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reviewed the tape of the VFL grand final and gee Isaac Smith is fast!
Had notes on his game but it really took that extra viewing to take it in again to decide he will go high in this draft.

Moved him all the way into the top 30, that's how impressed I was with his game!

So if North Melbourne want Smith they will need to use Hawthorn's compensation pick they got in exchange for David Hale.

Also some more notes on those wondering about Karnezis. I was saying before he could play a high half forward role, he can also pretty comfortably play on a wing. Although tall Karnezis is really creative and can set up players really well as find space.
So while some think of him as more of a forward, which he can be, he could certainly play further up field if required which does make him an interesting prospect.

In a direct comparison to Jayden Pitt. Pitt is more of an outside mid who can push forward at times, which is pretty much the opposite. But because Karnezis physically is probably a good year ahead of Pitt I think he might go higher.

Just reviewed the tape of the VFL grand final and gee Isaac Smith is fast!
Had notes on his game but it really took that extra viewing to take it in again to decide he will go high in this draft.

Moved him all the way into the top 30, that's how impressed I was with his game!

So if North Melbourne want Smith they will need to use Hawthorn's compensation pick they got in exchange for David Hale.

I'd assume that GC will prelist Smith.

I'd assume that GC will prelist Smith.

If they were able to we'd already have traded him I would have thought, GC wanted our compo pick but Richardson wasn't worth it on his own. Richardson & Smith would have been.

But he has never nominated for the draft before so is not eligible to be prelisted.

If they were able to we'd already have traded him I would have thought, GC wanted our compo pick but Richardson wasn't worth it on his own. Richardson & Smith would have been.

But he has never nominated for the draft before so is not eligible to be prelisted.

This is my understanding also. Though don't have a great handle on these overcomplicated rules this year.
Smith only played the 6 games at VFL level and has come onto the scene pretty late.

Will be interesting to see whether North Melbourne indeed use that compensation pick this year to get Isaac Smith. Unlikely to go in the 1st round, but once the 2nd round starts he will be of interest to most clubs it would be fair to say.

Smith played even better in the prelim against Box Hill if you can get your hands on it. Did some truly freakish things.

Don't have any footage of that and was watching another game at the time, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Watching the grand final for a second time just reinforced that he will go higher rather than lower.

Not a regular VFL viewer but certainly he was the player who really stood out and looked immensely draftable.

whats the go with Myles Sewell? Will he go in the draft and if so what are the predictions on him?

I don't have him in the main draft at this stage. I think he will go as either a late/rookie selection.

Like his game allot and think he will cope fine with the step up to AFL football, but the question will be where do clubs rate him?

He was passed up last year I feel because he isn't a super athlete and not all that strong for an inside player, so I don't see him going early this year either, but I have no doubt that he will go in one of the drafts this year.

Very much deserving of a position on an AFL list and I see him being a big time accumulator at AFL level also.

Smith played even better in the prelim against Box Hill if you can get your hands on it. Did some truly freakish things.
Agreed, was at both games as well as a couple before finals for NB.

Was a mixed feeling seeing a little somkey be blown up on the big stage. Cat definately got out of the bag on Isaac.

As a mids Isaac Smith might be looked at later if available, he had a fantastic season at VFL level and really showed great development. As a late option he will add just what North are looking for.

Also your 2nd round pick was traded for Cameron Richardson who is a mature ager from North Ballarat who has had a very good season. Richardson is a half back flanker who will also be used on a wing. So Richardson and Smith provide immediate outside help, Richardson in particular is likely to play from round 1.

I didn't say you didn't include our second round pick, i said you didn't even mention our 2nd pick at all!!

You are also now saying we will be getting Smith with our second pick, when it is being mentioned that he is likely to go first round.

Your choice for our first round pick was wrong when you posted it the first time. and is still wrong, we do not need his type of player we have enough, McKinley is a medium forward, and for a second time North is on the record as saying they will go for the best available mid at our first pick, not Karnezis!!

I didn't say you didn't include our second round pick, i said you didn't even mention our 2nd pick at all!!

You are also now saying we will be getting Smith with our second pick, when it is being mentioned that he is likely to go first round.

Your choice for our first round pick was wrong when you posted it the first time. and is still wrong, we do not need his type of player we have enough, McKinley is a medium forward, and for a second time North is on the record as saying they will go for the best available mid at our first pick, not Karnezis!!

Your 2nd round selection was traded so no mention needs to be made as this is a phantom draft which discusses specific prospects at each specific selection who will get drafted on draft day.

Karnezis can play up field. High half forward, wing. Has creativity.
Is really something very different to what you currently have. So he isn't exclusively a forward though he is also great as a forward.

Drafting is very much subjective. There is no right and wrong, just peoples views. Personally I think Karnezis will turn out very nicely and be a very good fit.

Isaac Smith I currently have listed at 28 to WCE, bumped him up the draft order significantly a couple of days ago after reviewing his outstanding VFL grand final performance. Possible for North Melbourne might be to use the compensation pick this year, and if it is believed Smith will be available, then he would be a very good option and his speed would be a fantastic fit with the creativity Karnezis adds on the outside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your 2nd round selection was traded so no mention needs to be made as this is a phantom draft which discusses specific prospects at each specific selection who will get drafted on draft day.

Karnezis can play up field. High half forward, wing. Has creativity.
Is really something very different to what you currently have. So he isn't exclusively a forward though he is also great as a forward.

Drafting is very much subjective. There is no right and wrong, just peoples views. Personally I think Karnezis will turn out very nicely and be a very good fit.

Isaac Smith I currently have listed at 28 to WCE, bumped him up the draft order significantly a couple of days ago after reviewing his outstanding VFL grand final performance. Possible for North Melbourne might be to use the compensation pick this year, and if it is believed Smith will be available, then he would be a very good option and his speed would be a fantastic fit with the creativity Karnezis adds on the outside.

Tbf you are pretty much describing Sam Wright there

Tbf you are pretty much describing Sam Wright there

The main difference is different sizes.

Wright is a much faster almost Dale Thomas type.

Karnezis is more S.Johnson/Didak style, though taller. Just has the same creative ability in terms of finding team mates. Had a year playing soccer and seems to have transferred his skills beautifully and can really incorporate some of the ideas he has learned in soccer and use it in AFL.

Hey Knight

Always love you work bud

After the main draft, what ruckmen can you see potentially being selected in the rookie draft?

Plenty have mentioned Giles and another mature ager in Russell Gabriel, but any of this years kids?

Essendon have seemingly placed themselves in a position to select a ruckmen (possibly even two - ND + RD), I am curious to know who you think seems to have 'slipped under the radar' and may be around in the rookie draft.

The next 5 - 6 ruck prospects and how you see them projecting in the future?

Thanks mate :thumbsu:

Just another thing also, you have listed Atley & Parker (which I would be absolutely stoked about), if we were to miss out on both, who would be next cab of the rank?

Not something we really need, but I like Andreoli, and also Conca seems like a good little goer.

Any body else that you can see as being "Essendon type players"?

Hey Knight

Always love you work bud

After the main draft, what ruckmen can you see potentially being selected in the rookie draft?

Plenty have mentioned Giles and another mature ager in Russell Gabriel, but any of this years kids?

Essendon have seemingly placed themselves in a position to select a ruckmen (possibly even two - ND + RD), I am curious to know who you think seems to have 'slipped under the radar' and may be around in the rookie draft.

The next 5 - 6 ruck prospects and how you see them projecting in the future?

Thanks mate :thumbsu:

Just another thing also, you have listed Atley & Parker (which I would be absolutely stoked about), if we were to miss out on both, who would be next cab of the rank?

Not something we really need, but I like Andreoli, and also Conca seems like a good little goer.

Any body else that you can see as being "Essendon type players"?

For pick 8: I think the next two on the list will be B.Smith and J.Caddy. My preference is Smith, has more star potential and on the end of some of Watson's inside work I think he could look quite good. But Caddy I feel is the more likely fallback option and still not a bad one at that. Expected to go top 10 and if Essendon don't take him the Gold Coast probably will at 9/10/11.

Pick 30: Parker will in reality probably go higher but just seemed to slide to 30 in my order. Certainly rate him an extremely good value pick at 30 in any case.
The others who will be looked at if Parker are not available would have to be Hallahan, who again represents outstanding value at 30. Then maybe Green or Fasolo would be your worst case scenarios.
Maybe Blayne Wilson is an option, should be available. Fantastic kick out of defence.

Ruckman:
These are all boarderline national draft selections, but I see most going as rookies:

Andrew Phillips (although raw, I think he will be outside of Z.Smith, Gorringe, Lycett and possibly Hickey the other good ruckman to come out of this draft. Late-rookie, but I think he might drop to the rookie draft in which case he would be an outstanding prospect). Of all those likely to be available he would be my pick, though he is one you will have to be patient with.

Matthew Jones is another I view as a boarderline late-rookie selection. His strength is his ability to also play forward at times, so might be an ideal backup type ruckman because he can hit the score board. Has a big kick on him.

Giles I haven't seen much of at all, but could be an ok rookie possibility. Gabriel might be like Giles a fairly ready to go rookie ruckman who could prove to be good value. Preferences of the two although I haven't seen Giles would be Gabriel.

Another to look out for is Mitch Curnow from SA. Didn't attend the draft combine which makes me think he will go in the rookie draft, but has also looked alright as a ruckman. Reasonably athletic and mobile ruckman who has looked reasonable as a rookie choice.

OK Knight

Here is a question for you.

We here about all the positives about Caddy, what are his weakness'? Same for Smith?

I would love to see Hallahan at Essendon (with pic 30), seems like another perfect type of player that Essendon could use.

I keep saying that a highly rated midfielder will slide, who do you see as sliding?

You have obviously mentioned PRestia and Parker as 'sliders', any interstate guys that could possibly slide that are highly rated? Conca? Andreoli?

Thanks mate, love talking footy with you ;) :thumbsu:

OK Knight

Here is a question for you.

We here about all the positives about Caddy, what are his weakness'? Same for Smith?

I would love to see Hallahan at Essendon (with pic 30), seems like another perfect type of player that Essendon could use.

I keep saying that a highly rated midfielder will slide, who do you see as sliding?

You have obviously mentioned PRestia and Parker as 'sliders', any interstate guys that could possibly slide that are highly rated? Conca? Andreoli?

Thanks mate, love talking footy with you ;) :thumbsu:

Hallahan for on immediate impact is a great fit and if available will prove to be a great pickup.

Smith I'm not a huge fan of his kicking. With his speed and ability to break away from packs effortlessly I'd love to see him fix up his kicking. Doesn't always find the best target and his accuracy can be off at times, but add that to his game and he could be a really good pro. Particularly if he can pick out the best targets at full speed, which is not easy.

Caddy for mine feels a little too 1 dimensional on the inside and needs to add a bit more variety to his game. Plays like a bull and goes hard which is great, but not sure against bigger bodies how that is going to go at the next level. Also while he tested better than expected in the speed testing he really doesn't show it enough and I'd like to see him add some run and carry into his game. Needs to add an outside element to compliment his inside game.

Sliders. Parker and Hallahan are the two I think might, and both would be fantastic fits for Essendon. Also interesting might be Guthrie. Being a defensive type while within football circles he is rated a mid 1st rounder I can see him possibly sliding to 30.

Andreoli I feel will likely be available. Conca might be, no certainty to go 1st round, but certainly possible and again if available another possibility. Many of the interstaters I feel are already in that range type range. Maybe Jamie Cripps, Fasolo same.

Prestia could go late 1st round - mid 2nd round for mine. So might be available. Don't buy into the talk he could go top 10. But certainly could be a good immediate type addition.

Hallahan for on immediate impact is a great fit and if available will prove to be a great pickup.

Smith I'm not a huge fan of his kicking. With his speed and ability to break away from packs effortlessly I'd love to see him fix up his kicking. Doesn't always find the best target and his accuracy can be off at times, but add that to his game and he could be a really good pro. Particularly if he can pick out the best targets at full speed, which is not easy.

Caddy for mine feels a little too 1 dimensional on the inside and needs to add a bit more variety to his game. Plays like a bull and goes hard which is great, but not sure against bigger bodies how that is going to go at the next level. Also while he tested better than expected in the speed testing he really doesn't show it enough and I'd like to see him add some run and carry into his game. Needs to add an outside element to compliment his inside game.

Sliders. Parker and Hallahan are the two I think might, and both would be fantastic fits for Essendon. Also interesting might be Guthrie. Being a defensive type while within football circles he is rated a mid 1st rounder I can see him possibly sliding to 30.

Andreoli I feel will likely be available. Conca might be, no certainty to go 1st round, but certainly possible and again if available another possibility. Many of the interstaters I feel are already in that range type range. Maybe Jamie Cripps, Fasolo same.

Prestia could go late 1st round - mid 2nd round for mine. So might be available. Don't buy into the talk he could go top 10. But certainly could be a good immediate type addition.

Yeah, I do agree (RE: Smith). His kicking seems a bit iffy, with a lot of vision I have seen he tends to blast away. Would love to see him get that right and he, as you say could be a star.

I do like the sounds of Caddy, but as far as our midfield goes, with Watson, we do not need another inside only midfielder.

Interesting to see that Parker has slid so far down the pecking order after many (myself included) had him as a certainty to go in the first round this year. Could this be because of the Stingrays management of him? I have heard from some reliable sources that he has played a little more deffensive side of the ground this year, trying to add more strings to his bow perhaps? have you seen many Rays games? if so, how has Parker gone from half back?

I do like the sound of Hallahan, and as far as inside midfielder type, he sounds like he has that ability to play inside, or a little outside, while some of the footage available shows he is capable forward of centre? I do like the way he goes about his footy with him letting his actions speak louder than his words.

As far as Prestia goes, I am with you. The average joe thinks that he only had a super grand final, but was far from outstanding throughout the season, the TAC cup grand final merely showed that he could play on the big stage.

The sidebottom effect, people think Steele only had a super grand final in 08, but in fact he averaged something like 20 odd touches over the finals series did he not?

Any ways, a little more information (tell me to piss off if you want) on some of these interstate guys if you could? Conca is the interesting one for mine, jack of all trades, master of none? is that a fair assumption?

And I do keep hearing Cripps' name pop up, what type of player is he?

Yeah, I do agree (RE: Smith). His kicking seems a bit iffy, with a lot of vision I have seen he tends to blast away. Would love to see him get that right and he, as you say could be a star.

I do like the sounds of Caddy, but as far as our midfield goes, with Watson, we do not need another inside only midfielder.

Interesting to see that Parker has slid so far down the pecking order after many (myself included) had him as a certainty to go in the first round this year. Could this be because of the Stingrays management of him? I have heard from some reliable sources that he has played a little more deffensive side of the ground this year, trying to add more strings to his bow perhaps? have you seen many Rays games? if so, how has Parker gone from half back?

I do like the sound of Hallahan, and as far as inside midfielder type, he sounds like he has that ability to play inside, or a little outside, while some of the footage available shows he is capable forward of centre? I do like the way he goes about his footy with him letting his actions speak louder than his words.

As far as Prestia goes, I am with you. The average joe thinks that he only had a super grand final, but was far from outstanding throughout the season, the TAC cup grand final merely showed that he could play on the big stage.

The sidebottom effect, people think Steele only had a super grand final in 08, but in fact he averaged something like 20 odd touches over the finals series did he not?

Any ways, a little more information (tell me to piss off if you want) on some of these interstate guys if you could? Conca is the interesting one for mine, jack of all trades, master of none? is that a fair assumption?

Smith has super star potential with his ability to shake tackles as easily as he can. But Caddy is the more likely sure thing. So there is no right or wrong pick of the pair. Caddy can become a very, very good player in his own right anyway.

Parker hasn't been one i've watched all that closely so I'm probably not the best to ask for a detailed review on his season, might be right on him because he has while having still a highly productive season probably just fallen a little short of my expectations of him. But still hasn't underperformed by any measure. He is mostly considered a guy who will go somewhere in the teens, but he in my draft fell victim to others fitting really nicely into the higher selections.

Prestia at 175cm I'd be surprised to see him go high. Very solid build so his upside is questionable. Certainly have an outstanding season and just seemed to continually get better as the season went. Solid build, has nice speed, very long kick which if anything often overshoots the target. So there is allot to work with. But Emma Q describing him as a top 10 guy, while on immediate impact maybe, but I just don't see it and for the time being I'm saying he will go later. Likely he will be gone by pick 30, but still could certainly slide into the mid 30s.

The Steele Sidebottom effect is an interesting one. but doesn't always work out with Serhat Temel being one who somehow missed out even with a fantastic finals series. Jake Melksham benefited from that, for mine while I had Melksham at 10, it was with some reluctance with my preferred options being Luke Tapscott and Ryan Bastinac. Sidebottom showed that there is some merit to the big game player theory by playing some great footy particularly in the 2nd grand final.
Luke Mitchell is one this year who may benefit from it having had back to back excellent grand final performances.

Conca I wouldn't describe as a master of no trades, but more than anything a player who just goes about his business and doesn't get noticed for it. Think of it more than anything as the Dane Swan effect. While Conca doesn't get the totals Dane Swan does, he is still a productive player who just seems to go under the radar and doesn't need to stand out particularly. He is a pretty clever player and has nice evading skills. Seems to know exactly what's going on all around him and has a 360 degree awareness.

Cripps is more of a Bradley Sheppard type. For Essendon he isn't of great relevance. Like his game but more the line breaking mid and Travis Colyer for mine is a close enough match.

The only negative in Caddys game is his inability to get the ball outside. Hes that bulldozing hard nosed inside midfielder who will win clearance after clearance. I think his lack of ability to find it outside is well known by him and its something he wants to work on. "What parts of your game would you like to improve?
I would like to improve the outside features of my game. If I could improve my position to receive more ball it would complement my inside work." The thing that possibly makes up for his lack of outside work is his ability to go forward and be really damaging and kick multiple goals. Reminds me of a mix between Selwood and Chapman. I think his game will naturally develop once he improves his fitness. Hes one of the few players i can see really being a gun player in the future.

Prestia avg 29 posses a game in the TAC and also had an outstanding finals series. He would be rated even higher had he not been injured during the state champs. I think hes a better player than Trav Colyer he went at pick 26. I can only see him as a better player and will not drop outside this years first round.

As for Conca ive played on him a few years ago and he certainly is a ferocious hard nosed tough footballer. Can play half back flank and do a lock down job aswell. Has better speed that what he shows and his ability to be able to play on small forwards could also be important to essendon as they also lack in this area. Can play outside and inside and will likely start his career as a small defender who had 80% efficency during the state carnival (considered very high). Stepped up nicely to league level in WAFL avg 18.4 posses a game, almost 6 marks a game and was best afield for his Perth in just his second game against Claremont who have many draft hopefuls and were the best WAFL club with lots of ex AFL players. It is fair to say he doesn't possess any super attributes nor any weaknesses.

Cripps is extremely underrated on this board and would have to be one of the best players for WA in this draft. Hes a line breaker who can kick goals, play half back, wing or establish himself as an onballer. But he is more of an outside player. In his last 5 games of league he was very impressive
avg 23.4 posses and had 9.9 in his 5 games of league footy. Was given the task to play on Scully last year during the carnival which also shows his ability to shutdown players. Had a better 2009 state champs than 2010.

I would like to know the thoughts on Batchelor, i rate him quite highly? where will he likely be drafted what number range? Wouldnt mind essendon considering him at pick 30 if Green, Cripps, Conca, Prestia, Parker, Jacobs ect are gone.

Edit: It is also important for Essendon not to get similar players with pick 8 and pick 30. Eg: getting two inside players like Caddy and than Hallahan wouldnt be ideal. Or two outside players in Polec and Cripps. I think there is more chance of getting a Hallahan, Green, Conca, Prestia in the second round who are typically more inside players so we should make sure we weight this up as an ideal situation would be one outside and one inside midfielder. Although i think Caddy could improve his outside game once hes in the AFL. Just something else Essendon should consider if they want 2 midfielders when deciding on there first pick. Atleys ability to do both currently is the only reason i would pick him ahead of Caddy.

Conca I wouldn't describe as a master of no trades, but more than anything a player who just goes about his business and doesn't get noticed for it. Think of it more than anything as the Dane Swan effect. While Conca doesn't get the totals Dane Swan does, he is still a productive player who just seems to go under the radar and doesn't need to stand out particularly. He is a pretty clever player and has nice evading skills. Seems to know exactly what's going on all around him and has a 360 degree awareness.

Just on Conca, the way you described him, Joel Corey like? flies under the radar but gets the job done..

Would love him at 30, but seriously think he will be gone..

I keep saying, but pick 30 should still be a highly skilled midfielder that has slid, so plenty of options there abouts.

Do you see any real bonus picks in the 40's? as Essendon have pick 47, notice you gave us O'Shea, is this more a best available as we just delisted Tyson Slattery who essentially plays a third tall defender role and we have an abundance of run out of defence types, whilst our front half third talls have all been injured and are yet to gell, so thinking we may actually take either a ruckmen, or yet a third midfielder..

Kinda silly, but I can seriously see Essendon taking Gorringe with pick 8, with midfielders being taken with picks 30 and 47, with 64 being the pick we upgrade Ben Howlett onto the senior list.

The only negative in Caddys game is his inability to get the ball outside. Hes that bulldozing hard nosed inside midfielder who will win clearance after clearance. I think his lack of ability to find it outside is well known by him and its something he wants to work on. "What parts of your game would you like to improve?
I would like to improve the outside features of my game. If I could improve my position to receive more ball it would complement my inside work." The thing that possibly makes up for his lack of outside work is his ability to go forward and be really damaging and kick multiple goals. Reminds me of a mix between Selwood and Hodge. I think his game will naturally develop once he improves his fitness. Hes one of the few players i can see really being a gun player in the future.

Prestia avg 29 posses a game in the TAC and also had an outstanding finals series. He would be rated even higher had he not been injured during the state champs. I think hes a better player than Trav Colyer he went at pick 26. I can only see him as a better player and will not drop outside this years first round.

As for Conca ive played on him a few years ago and he certainly is a ferocious hard nosed tough footballer. Can play half back flank and do a lock down job aswell. Has better speed that what he shows and his ability to be able to play on small forwards could also be important to essendon as they also lack in this area. Can play outside and inside and will likely start his career as a small defender who had 80% efficency during the state carnival (considered very high). Stepped up nicely to league level in WAFL avg 18.4 posses a game, almost 6 marks a game and was best afield for his Perth in just his second game against Claremont who have many draft hopefuls and were the best WAFL club with lots of ex AFL players. It is fair to say he doesn't possess any super attributes nor any weaknesses.

Cripps is extremely underrated on this board and would have to be one of the best players for WA in this draft. Hes a line breaker who can kick goals, play half back, wing or establish himself as an onballer. But he is more of an outside player. In his last 5 games of league he was very impressive
avg 23.4 posses and had 9.9 in his 5 games of league footy. Was given the task to play on Scully last year during the carnival which also shows his ability to shutdown players. Had a better 2009 state champs than 2010.

I would like to know the thoughts on Batchelor, i rate him quite highly? where will he likely be drafted what number range? Wouldnt mind essendon considering him at pick 30 if Green, Cripps, Conca, Prestia, Parker, Jacobs ect are gone.

The outside game is certainly Caddy's main weakness.

Also very well put with Conca. Has great versatility and can play both ends or midfield well. And not slow. Certainly one Essendon should be looking at if available.

Cripps I actually took for Hawthorn in the phantom draft some time ago. For a club looking for an outside speedster he could be a really nice addition and should see himself go in the 25-40 range.

Batchelor I too quite like and there is a fair bit to work with there. For mine is a near certainty to go in one of the first 3 rounds. I feel he might go somewhere in the 45-60 range. But going higher certainly isn't beyond him either.

Jacobs I think will be long gone by 30. Certain top 20 pick for mine and he should prove to be a nice immediate player.
For Essendon at 30: Parker, Hallahan, Conca and Green would be up the top of my list. Prestia also another.

Just on Conca, the way you described him, Joel Corey like? flies under the radar but gets the job done..

Would love him at 30, but seriously think he will be gone..

I keep saying, but pick 30 should still be a highly skilled midfielder that has slid, so plenty of options there abouts.

Do you see any real bonus picks in the 40's? as Essendon have pick 47, notice you gave us O'Shea, is this more a best available as we just delisted Tyson Slattery who essentially plays a third tall defender role and we have an abundance of run out of defence types, whilst our front half third talls have all been injured and are yet to gell, so thinking we may actually take either a ruckmen, or yet a third midfielder..

Kinda silly, but I can seriously see Essendon taking Gorringe with pick 8, with midfielders being taken with picks 30 and 47, with 64 being the pick we upgrade Ben Howlett onto the senior list.

You could describe him as a Joel Corey. Don't know if he will get the same totals, but pretty similar on style and seems to have similar limitations.

I'm still going to have to play around the order a little when I take Joel Wilkinson out of the draft after he has signed with GCS. O'Shea is a fairly immediate option. Has a good work ethic, fairly immediate, well build, has a nice kick on him and a bit of pace to burn. Pretty strong overhead. Doesn't get a whole lot of it, but when he gets it he is pretty handy.
Certainly haven't settled on that selection for Essendon and if a midfielder slides, that might be the way to go.

Gorringe is certainly a good choice. Will take a while but athletically very good and my most recent measurements have him at 200cm. Not sure how many Bombers fans will agree, but the best ruckman tend to either come from early selections or rookie picks, so adding a good one early may be a good option. Certainly if Atley isn't available is every chance. Though my feeling is Caddy/Smith would still likely be favoured.

I was starting to think I was the only person that rated Cripps highly. There is still a few local league watchers that don't rate Cripps, so his game can divide some people's opinion.

Cripps last couple of weeks in the WAFL were of high standard and he started to become very damaging on the scoreboard. Some of his kicking for goal was a little off, but if he kicked a few more goals he would have been a monty for a first round selection. I still view him as a first round selection this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back