Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You have us taking 3 KPP's with all of our available picks.
I can see us taking durdin if he's free at 13 ( here's hoping) but I think we'll look for pace in the midfield and a small defender with our next 2 or possibly even first depending on how we view the talls available at 13

Hi Knightmare would love the Eagles to end up with Cockatoo and Markov, not sure about Hamilton though. Gets the ball alright but disposal doesn't look good and the Eagles already have enough players that don't have good disposal.

Last edited:
Great work as usual KM I'm in awe of the amount of time and effort you put into these, it's at an impeccable standard and you really deserve as much recognition as possible and hopefully one day to get noticed by an AFL club!

I'd be stoked if the top 10 shaped up like that, with De Goey and Ahern going top 10 giving West Coast the option of Weller, Duggan or Cockatoo. Although I must admit I'd personally be pretty disappointed if West Coast chose Cockatoo over Weller who I'm a huge fan of.
Also it's interesting to see that you don't have West Coast selecting anyone at #69, are you predicting that they instead choose to list a delisted free agent such as Lucas? If you were to have them draft someone at #69 who would it be, Abbott?

great work KM just wondering about the Pies pick 5. If gws pick up Laverde at 4, shouldn't we just go for the best available talent instead of picking up for our specific weaknesses? in other words pick up Wright or Lever at 5?
I would assume KM your guessing how the clubs would go for in doing your phantom draft . however if you were the pies recruiting manager who would you pick up at 5, if Laverde goes at 4. if he does not would you think collingwood would pick him up 100 percent.

Hi KM.. Just Want to say well done!

i've got 0 idea on the draft, so yours and other phantom-drafts are a great read.

Knight I would be really annoyed if Gws
Took Laverde. I can't see us taking Langford doesn't fit our needs at all. Same with Vickers willes. I hope Laverde is still available. I can see blakley dropping to 30?

Great read as always, love your work mate!
Seeing North Melbourne will only take picks 16,25 and 36 into the draft do you think that will change who you think they might draft? If so which players could be around the mark?
Could I please have the run down on jack lonie and what kind of player he is
Also if Weller,wright or cockatoo were to slip to our pick do you think we would draft them over Garlett ?

Great work as usual KM I'm in awe of the amount of time and effort you put into these, it's at an impeccable standard and you really deserve as much recognition as possible and hopefully one day to get noticed by an AFL club!

I'd be stoked if the top 10 shaped up like that, with De Goey and Ahern going top 10 giving West Coast the option of Weller, Duggan or Cockatoo. Although I must admit I'd personally be pretty disappointed if West Coast chose Cockatoo over Weller who I'm a huge fan of.
Also it's interesting to see that you don't have West Coast selecting anyone at #69, are you predicting that they instead choose to list a delisted free agent such as Lucas? If you were to have them draft someone at #69 who would it be, Abbott?

I reckon I'd much prefer Cockatoo to Duggan, De Goey and possibly even Weller. We've played it safe for so long (taking solid but unremarkable mids like Masten/Ebert/Shepperd/Gaff) and a gamble on a quick and unpredictable type is well overdue. Weller would definitely be hard to pass up, but whilst he's quick and pretty silky, I don't feel he ticks enough boxes - being a very small and light mid, with little game-breaking potential. That said, Weller does look a lot like an Eagle :)

Here's my preference for the Eagles selection at #11 (minus those that will undoubtedly be gone):

Pickett
Cockatoo
Weller
De Goey
Ahern
Duggan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great write up as always Knightmare, But I am wondering why you have the Crows taking Caleb Marchbank if Hugh Goddard would still be there?
Alot of people believe Goddard is the better of the two and more suited to the Crows needs.\

Thanks

Thanks for all the hard work KM, you've done a fantastic job!

I see West Coast being interested in all the players you have us taking, the only thing is it looks like we're going to use 4 picks in this draft instead of 3 as we did not get Hunt.

Thanks again for all the work!

Good work as always knighta.

Just on Weller, I'm reliably informed he will not be selected by the Suns and more than likely will go to a Vic club. If you like I can PM you with further details. Cheers.

I reckon I'd much prefer Cockatoo to Duggan, De Goey and possibly even Weller. We've played it safe for so long (taking solid but unremarkable mids like Masten/Ebert/Shepperd/Gaff) and a gamble on a quick and unpredictable type is well overdue. Weller would definitely be hard to pass up, but whilst he's quick and pretty silky, I don't feel he ticks enough boxes - being a very small and light mid, with little game-breaking potential. That said, Weller does look a lot like an Eagle :)

Here's my preference for the Eagles selection at #11 (minus those that will undoubtedly be gone):

Pickett
Cockatoo
Weller
De Goey
Ahern
Duggan

My preference is Pickett, Weller, Duggan, Cockatoo, Ahern, Blakely, De Goey.
I definitely understand what you're saying which is why landing Pickett would be fantastic, but I really feel that passing up over Weller would be a huge mistake. He looks a future midfield star with his lovely boot, footy smarts, speed and class. I also suspect he'll easily add another 8 or so kg once in the AFL system. Cockatoo simply seems like too big a risk if there is quality like Weller available.
I'd be fine with West Coast nominating the **** over Duggan however. I'm a big fan of Duggan as more skilled, less productive Cotchin who can also cause damage off the HBF but I'm not quite as convinced that he'll become a star as I am with Weller.
But hey I'll still be bloody excited if we do end up with Cockatoo, who knows what he could become!

KM, Is Hammelmann a sure bet at pick 61 or merely a longshot for a team perceived to have a lack of tall forward options?

Carlton already have Jones (198cm), Casboult (199cm) and Rowe (198cm). Too many talls who aren't particularly good below their knees, nor standouts as relieving rucks makes us too top heavy.

Knightmare, if GWS get Laverde and Lever I will be a very happy man, if we get Laverde, Lever, and Pickett I could cause damage to myself with excitement!!

Do you think Collingwood is pretty set on Langford or would they still be interested in Pickett??

My preference is Pickett, Weller, Duggan, Cockatoo, Ahern, Blakely, De Goey.
I definitely understand what you're saying which is why landing Pickett would be fantastic, but I really feel that passing up over Weller would be a huge mistake. He looks a future midfield star with his lovely boot, footy smarts, speed and class. I also suspect he'll easily add another 8 or so kg once in the AFL system. Cockatoo simply seems like too big a risk if there is quality like Weller available.
I'd be fine with West Coast nominating the **** over Duggan however. I'm a big fan of Duggan as more skilled, less productive Cotchin who can also cause damage off the HBF but I'm not quite as convinced that he'll become a star as I am with Weller.
But hey I'll still be bloody excited if we do end up with Cockatoo, who knows what he could become!

+1. My thoughts exactly.

KM, what makes you believe that we will take Marchbank over Weller/Goddard? He hasn't really jumped out to me as a potential AFL player compared to the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back