Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You do realise that phantom drafting is far more about knowing the right people and receiving the right information than it is skill?

The credibility of those who phantom draft on here should be assessed by the strength of their profiles and success rate of their talent identification related calls, not their ability to predict how the cards fall.
Well said Skippos

"Overall the draft depth is slightly below average"

^^^

You say this at the beginning of your Power Rankings. From what I've heard and read the opposite appears to be true. The draft is being lauded as one of the most "open" and deep ever.

Do you stand by your original assessment ?

25. Connor Menadue
26. Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
39. Toby McLean
45. Reece Mckenzie
46. Jordan Cunico

Any chance the dogs will go this path tonight?

"Overall the draft depth is slightly below average"

^^^

You say this at the beginning of your Power Rankings. From what I've heard and read the opposite appears to be true. The draft is being lauded as one of the most "open" and deep ever.

Do you stand by your original assessment ?

It's a good comment and I'm glad you bring it up Trav.

I stand by those comments. I would agree that it is one of the most open to interpretation drafts ever but I wouldn't say the deepest ever. It's a draft where recruiters will have vastly different perspectives to other recruiters on who will make it but I expect most see it as 30-40 will make the grade which is within normal range. I've only got just over 30 who I see making it myself and some others who I see as possibly making it but more outside chances.

25. Connor Menadue
26. Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
39. Toby McLean
45. Reece Mckenzie
46. Jordan Cunico

Any chance the dogs will go this path tonight?

It's possible a couple of those get selected. Just getting the total list of those who will get selected by any one team pretty much never will happen. But from a type perspective and draft range perspective they are I would agree among those names that could at those picks be the eventual selections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could Clem Smith fall through to the rookie draft?

Certainly a chance to fall through to the rookie draft but I still think more likely than not he goes mid draft, maybe late draft to one of the WA clubs with both said to have interest.

KM why do you think carlton will get Marcbank

Edit: I mean why is he linked to us so much

If Marchbank slides he is just a logical list fit and someone who at that stage would be considered to represent strong value.
Can play key defence, third tall defence, up on a wing or possibly through the midfield. Get a guy who can play all those positions and has probably slipped under the radar some due to lack of matchplay due to injuries these past two seasons.

The recent word is Marchbank gets taken by GWS with one of their picks so Carlton will if that happens need to look at alternative sliders - say Weller or Cockatoo if one of them slides. Maybe a Lever who may also slide and at that stage would be another representing strong value.

If Marchbank slides he is just a logical list fit and someone who at that stage would be considered to represent strong value.
Can play key defence, third tall defence, up on a wing or possibly through the midfield. Get a guy who can play all those positions and has probably slipped under the radar some due to lack of matchplay due to injuries these past two seasons.

The recent word is Marchbank gets taken by GWS with one of their picks so Carlton will if that happens need to look at alternative sliders - say Weller or Cockatoo if one of them slides. Maybe a Lever who may also slide and at that stage would be another representing strong value.

And if carlton didn't pick bokehurst do you think he would get picked up else were ?

Out of the jurno's who's PD do you rate the most?
Emma Quayle seems to do well every year.

I just cant see us passing on Weller for Ellis.
Which 1 do you think would suite us best?

And if carlton didn't pick bokehurst do you think he would get picked up else were ?

Collingwood seem keen based on media reports and may use one of their next picks (30 or 48) on Boekhorst if Carlton pass at 28.

With likely top 5 pick Keays in the Lions academy will that sway who we choose with our first live pick? I know its pick 65 so it's fair to say it won't really effect it much? Lions will go best available? Thanks for the info on the state league players previously.

My best bet would be that late pick won't be an onballer. Keays is another Beams and the Brisbane midfield looks solid as is. It's the other regions on the field that need help so talls/outside types/forwards/defenders. That's what Brisbane should in my view be looking at if talking list needs.

Out of the jurno's who's PD do you rate the most?
Emma Quayle seems to do well every year.

I just cant see us passing on Weller for Ellis.
Which 1 do you think would suite us best?

Emma probably has the best record in recent years so I'd back hers to be the closest to the real draft.

I favour Weller to Ellis personally. I see Weller as better performed but Ellis in clubland seems the preferred option of the two, or at least the more likely of the two to get picked first.

With likely top 5 pick Keays in the Lions academy will that sway who we choose with our first live pick? I know its pick 65 so it's fair to say it won't really effect it much? Lions will go best available? Thanks for the info on the state league players previously.
It very likely that who we pick 65 may not be on our list in 2 years time

It very likely that who we pick 65 may not be on our list in 2 years time

Against the odds but at the end of the day it comes down to talent identification.

Collingwood at pick 65 did pretty well with Tom Langdon last year. So while it's against the odds late draft and you as a fan shouldn't get your hopes up too high, it can sometimes maybe 2 times out of 10 at that late stage work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back