Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouldn't it be a certainty that the following will happen?

Jake Long to Essendon.
Darcy Moore to Collingwood.
Billy Stretch to Melbourne.
Alec Waterman to West Coast.
Jordan Matera to West Coast.

It will depend on who bids from other clubs....

it will probably cose all the above clubs their 1st (or in west coast case their 1st and 2nd) picks depending on the skill of the above players ..

the last thing all clubs would want is another Viney result (Viney a top 1st round pick going in the 2nd round)

You don't think much of us ... :(

hang on .. it might be interesting to have pick 8 for a KPP especially after some other clubs have to use their 1st and or 2nd picks on their father sons ...

imagine getting top picks to add to a team that has improved out of sight under King Ken and Burgess (who has just started getting every one fit) in 2013 .. smiles at the thought (and knowledge) that they can do in 2014

In King Ken we Trust....
In Walsh we know....
In Kochie we are coming for you...
In Burgess we are very very very confident (smiles)....

At this early stage, who do you think Collingwood will go for?

A key forward. Maybe two.

Specific names this far out are not worth speculating about and will depend entirely on availability.

But with no key forwards under 25 it's a relatively safe bet that that's what Collingwood are looking for.

Hey KM, have any of the SA boys you've mentioned seen any senior action in the SANFL? With the Crows having a reserves team, I'll be attending more SANFL games, and would like to keep an eye on a few of the potential draftees.

Jake Johansen spent the majority of the season for Port Adelaide in the league side, ended up playing 15 games as a small forward. Next best was Caleb Daniel who played 10 games for South Adelaide, great inside midfielder and absolute clearance machine but is barely even 170cm. While Peter Bampton managed 6 games for Norwood too.

Isn't that for your F/S next year?

According to the Hun we can't use it for that because it is classed as a compensation pick. The club is super pissed at this because during the negotiations this wasn't made clear (although to be fair they probably should have asked).

the last thing all clubs would want is another Viney result (Viney a top 1st round pick going in the 2nd round)
So you want clubs to bid a top 2 pick on a player worth around 7-10? Why would they do that?
We'll get Stretch for a 2nd rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My projected 2014 ladder and will likely base my draft positions around this once I really get this phantom draft up and going:
1. Fremantle
2. Hawthorn
3. Sydney
4. Essendon
5. North Melbourne
6. Gold Coast
7. Collingwood
8. Adelaide
9. Carlton
10. Western Bulldogs
11. Port Adelaide
12. Geelong
13. Richmond
14. West Coast
15. Brisbane
16. St Kilda
17. Melbourne
18. GWS

Geelong 12th. You now have lost any credability you had left !!!

Geelong 12th. You now have lost any credability you had left !!!

That means that you may as well sack all media commentators - That's all - because not one had Power in the eight !

Thanks for all your work knightmare. Looks like a massive draft for talls...

Enjoy your break.

p.s with such a stacked draft the whole player bidding might get rough next year... think I read NSW and QLD academy players go through that system from next season too. Hoping Isaac Heeney gets through to the second or third round.

That means that you may as well sack all media commentators - That's all - because not one had Power in the eight !

That is a little different to picking a team that has made the finals 7 years in a row, played in 4 grand finals, won 3 grand finals and played in 6 preliminary finals to finish 12th !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back