Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very shocked to see Taylor drafted.

Gonna have to go with this. Started off really hot, played some exceptional footy at times and in truth, would probably be able to do a job at AFL level, but apart from his first 6 or 7 weeks he hasn't really stood out in my eyes. Bit like Jake Owen, who I was also pretty high on.

Tagliabue I like as a Cameron Wood esque 'break glass in case of emergency' option.

Lech Featherstone and Al Kefford can both clunk marks with the best of them, but do they do enough else? I dunno, probably not.

Scipione hasn't backed up his 2013, and Dan Connors is Dan Connors, although he could well come within a bees dick of winning the goal kicking, despite missing like 8 games already.

I keep getting disappointed watching the VFL boys. There is no standout that I'm seeing.

Cavarra if a club doesn't mind going small can get picked.

Rippon similarly a chance.

David Mirra I'd personally draft as someone a little older from the VFL if looking for a defender.

Chris Cain similarly could get a shot.

Just not that enthusiastic about the VFL boys at this point.

Featherstone has shown he's the better young key forward but I like Brett Eddy from the SANFL much better and probably Matt Bolland also from the WAFL.

Micheal Hartley as a key defender along with Matthew Sully could be considerations.

Jye Bolton could also be a fit for a team.

They're more the names I'd be talking about from the VFL.

A little off topic but why exactly was Jye Bolton delisted from Collingwood?

It's a question I was asking also.

The guy from everything I heard carried a footy everywhere he went and loved his footy.

His play also was strong both through the NAB Cup that year looking like he could play and handle the pace with senior footballers well. At VFL level his play also was excellent.

I was personally pushing for him to get upgraded and after that first season he was delisted. He looked like a long term player and someone who may have developed into a best 22 player.

No character issues and seemed a hard trainer so I can only imagine as a midfielder he just wasn't seen as someone who would develop into a best 22 player.

Mystery to me.

It's a question I was asking also.

The guy from everything I heard carried a footy everywhere he went and loved his footy.

His play also was strong both through the NAB Cup that year looking like he could play and handle the pace with senior footballers well. At VFL level his play also was excellent.

I was personally pushing for him to get upgraded and after that first season he was delisted. He looked like a long term player and someone who may have developed into a best 22 player.

No character issues and seemed a hard trainer so I can only imagine as a midfielder he just wasn't seen as someone who would develop into a best 22 player.

Mystery to me.

Saw the bloke a few weeks ago and was thoroughly impressed with his running power. Saw him in a pre season VFL game when he first came to the club and impressed me all the way back then too.

I keep getting disappointed watching the VFL boys. There is no standout that I'm seeing.

Cavarra if a club doesn't mind going small can get picked.

Rippon similarly a chance.

David Mirra I'd personally draft as someone a little older from the VFL if looking for a defender.

Chris Cain similarly could get a shot.

Just not that enthusiastic about the VFL boys at this point.

Featherstone has shown he's the better young key forward but I like Brett Eddy from the SANFL much better and probably Matt Bolland also from the WAFL.

Micheal Hartley as a key defender along with Matthew Sully could be considerations.

Jye Bolton could also be a fit for a team.

They're more the names I'd be talking about from the VFL.

A couple of very good articles on Kane Lambert from Williamstown, still only 22 and he was outstanding in the foxtel cup. How do you rate him?

A couple of very good articles on Kane Lambert from Williamstown, still only 22 and he was outstanding in the foxtel cup. How do you rate him?

Small, below average kick. Numbers aren't so impressive at VFL level.

I'm not as enthusiastic as some of the regular VFL watchers may be.

Good state leaguer but not seeing on an AFL list who he's good enough to play in front of.

I'm hoping Fremantle redraft Schloithe. We seem to like the mature agers.

Not sure if there's any history of clubs delisting then redrafting players though. I know he's mates with a few of our boys though so might want to come back.

I'm hoping Fremantle redraft Schloithe. We seem to like the mature agers.

Not sure if there's any history of clubs delisting then redrafting players though. I know he's mates with a few of our boys though so might want to come back.

Crows did it with Porplyzia, Carlton have done it with Cachia I think as well.

Crows did it with Porplyzia, Carlton have done it with Cachia I think as well.
Maybe there is a chance then.

I think the club still rates him pretty highly. When Peel played South Freo they put Menegola on him as a tagger.

Kind of funny. We kept Menegola over Schloithe and the way they've performed this year we chose the wrong one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macrae bolts up the draft in 2012. Bonti bolts in 2013. Which rangy left footer will the dogs shock everyone by taking this year Km??

I like Jayden Laverde.

Whether he also rises I do not know. But he's got the ability to with a big finals series and continued improvement over this last little bit of the season.

Petracca has a very good tank from what I've seen certainly nothing wrong from my perspective.

I would not be shocked if he tests over 14's in the beep come draft time.

I heard that he already runs a 15+ beep, so there are no concerns about his running.

I believe he even hired a personal running coach to work with him over the summer, as he knew a move to the midfield was coming.

I like Jayden Laverde.

Whether he also rises I do not know. But he's got the ability to with a big finals series and continued improvement over this last little bit of the season.

It's killing me that he'll lie in between StKilda's first two picks.

I heard that he already runs a 15+ beep, so there are no concerns about his running.

I believe he even hired a personal running coach to work with him over the summer, as he knew a move to the midfield was coming.

I take those things two ways to be honest. Yes its great that he's working on his weaknesses. But when he's doing that sort of stuff before he's drafted, it means he may not have the same room for improvement once he hits regular AFL training, as some talented young bloke from the bush, who's never trained professionally.

Km. What are your thoughts on Josh Glenn? Are interstate clubs going to take a chance on Glenn? (I'm hoping port picks him late, but his form would be pushing him into an earlier draft pick.)

It's killing me that he'll lie in between StKilda's first two picks.

I'd love a shot at Laverde also. You'd need to find a way to trade into probably a mid 1st round pick to have a shot at him but earlier said than done to acquire that pick with clubs reluctant to trade their early picks.

km who will the dogs be looking at? i know a key forward is a option but our back line might need help to. cheers

Early on if the Dogs like any of the key position players I'd say there would be a fair chance one is looked at, particularly with the strong availability of options early this year.

With the other picks I expect a theme towards kickers and adding some more ball users into the team perhaps a couple down back and on a wing.

Km. What are your thoughts on Josh Glenn? Are interstate clubs going to take a chance on Glenn? (I'm hoping port picks him late, but his form would be pushing him into an earlier draft pick.)

He has to nominate for the draft first. But if he does I like him and as my power rankings show he's someone I rate as a top 40 prospect given his strong production in the SANFL.

In the situation Glenn does nominate the interviews will be revealing as to his willingness to move interstate and clubs will surely make their decisions based on that.

I can see Glenn going probably around the third round mark, if someone really likes him second round is possible.

There was an article a few weeks ago in Adelaide Now or whatever they call it. Glenn said he would definitely nominate and said all the right things about wanting to give afl a serious shot etc. He didn't think he was ready for Afl last year because he had been playing at a much lower standard and wanted some time to adjust to a greater level of professionalism.

Knights after Brisbane Lions big win yesterday
we could finish as high 15th and if Melbourne do get a high Compo for Chip Frawley means we could have pick 5 who would be available in this Draft range we could look at would Wright still be available or do you think we would go midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back