Knights on the move?

Remove this Banner Ad

whats the rules about posting rumors? is there any?

i have head some creditable information however i dont want to put knights or this forum in a position especially if my inforamtion is inacctuate....as i heard it form someone who HAS heard it....
Be very careful when posting rumours. Primarily, the "keep it legal" rules apply. Don't post anything inflammatory or hurtful to the player, unless you can back it up with solid evidence. Hearing it from "a friend of a friend" is not good enough.

i have head some creditable information however i dont want to put knights or this forum in a position especially if my inforamtion is inacctuate....as i heard it form someone who HAS heard it....

Ok maybe don't post the rumour. Just tell us if the rumour is leaning towards him staying or going.

Did your reliable source happen to tell you why Knights wanted out? I find it incredibly hard to believe that he would want to leave.

One of the very few people i would trust with a rumour like this, but he said that "Knights has informed Adelaide that he will not renew his contarct after the 2010 season in pursuit of playing in melbourne for family reasons", more than likely he will be a crow next year but it's quite possible that the crows may see this as an opportunity to get sufficient compensation for him before GC17.

Also to the other Essendon supporter who doesn't agree with me, i feel you are severely underrating Knights, he is a very very good player.

Ah crap...that doesn't sound good.

I've also heard this rumour from a very reliable source, i know that he's contracted until the end of next year, but if Adelaide want something decent in return from a melbourne based club in the last uncompromised draft it would make sense to trade him this year.

From what I've heard you are talking absolute rubbish. If you're BSing I suggest you delete your post right now, and I'll then be happy to delete mine, removing your quote.

From what I've heard you are talking absolute rubbish. If you're BSing I suggest you delete your post right now, and I'll then be happy to delete mine, removing your quote.

He/She is not the first person in this thread to post this...it's kinda what this thread is about...:)

The negative about the offseason leading into the trade week (and including the trade week) is that you get so many ****wits from other clubs' supporter base come on here and propose ridicilously dreamy scenarios where they get a gun for some cow manure.

For case in point, read this thread :rolleyes:

Lovett is a quality footballer but he comes with too much baggage and has questionable character. I'd never be completely comfortable with him being a Crow.

All that I can add is that, being in the 'industry' I have heard he wants out. This comes from a management company so read what you will.

He would attract a nice draft pick I would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

31 disposals and a goal in a losing side is supreme. Do you disagree with that? :eek:

10 years ago maybe, these days getting above 30 possessions is nothing special, even in a losing side, its much more about where you pick your possessions up and what you do with them. I'm not saying that Lovett played a bad game, but to say he played better than Knights who kicked 5 goals is to show a complete misunderstanding of the modern game, or just a pretty big bias.

Outside midfielder?

Absolutely.

Lovett was great in that game, but Knights was better, much more damaging, do you disagree with that?

Knights was a little better on the day no doubt. The midfield gave him endless & quality supply; he should have damaged us on the scoreboard if he was to be considered an above average player, and he did. Our midfield didn't help out our defenders much at all, plus our defenders were (and will be for another couple of years) very, very young.

Absolutely.

Absolutely not.

He's not an outside midfielder by any stretch.

Knights was a little better on the day no doubt. The midfield gave him endless & quality supply; he should have damaged us on the scoreboard if he was to be considered an above average player, and he did. Our midfield didn't help out our defenders much at all, plus our defenders were (and will be for another couple of years) very, very young.

Knights was better across the entire season.

He kicked a bag against your mob, which you seem to discount because they aren't very good - but forget about your game, and he still kicked 40 goals in around 15 games as a HFF; that's bloody impressive - and it doesn't take into account his goals assists or his tackling (which is very good).

Hirdy - As much as I love hearing things like that, and have heard from a few people the same; are you a mate of his, or a friend of the Knights family?

**** this thread up its stupid anus.

Knights trade rumours make me a sad panda

sad_panda.jpg

fevola for knights?
In terms of ability, we'd probably break even. Fev is the better player, but won't be around for as long.

However, I can't see the Crows being interested in a player with a long history of off-field incidents. We contemplated trading for him 2-3 years ago, last time this subject raised its ugly head - we contemplated, but decided we were better off with home grown talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Knights on the move?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back