Opinion New AFC HQ (Part 2): We're on like Donkey Kong!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah .....all clubs have great facilities now

You're severely overrating this compromised development ......will have zero impact on player attraction ....zero

I go to the bombers hangar new development a lot .....equal, if not better than this development .....it's a souless facility , half the time the cafe is closed
Comparing the theberton area to Tullamarine it's apples and oranges

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kings Reserve would be to the right of that pic.
I thought it's under that pic.
To the right is the current mini-footy oval, but that's staying as purely public space, whereas the soccer pitches (under this photo) is what was going to be ours.

No, that is looking South. The giveaway is the old Thebby stand and the school.
The new facility is where the old cricket club was. That sunk into the ground and was demolished. They must have been built on the poorest land in the old pughole. I hope the soil reports are favourable this time.

Probably should start playing SANFL games there

I think the only problem would be part of the initial contract to join the league was that we'd play all our games at the opposition teams home grounds. The benefit being the other teams get the gate and any benefit from food / catering sales

Though judging by crowd numbers it probably wouldn't make much difference

Given the other SANFL clubs are more than happy to play some games against us at Adelaide Oval, or in regional areas (this season being an exception), I can’t see too much objection to Thebby being used for our home games.

Generally speaking our games bring the smallest match day revenue to the other clubs anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how are we affording this thing?

They have approached banks and it was put out to tender - I’m aware that one of the big 4 has been approached and believe the funding has been approved.

Need to remember that Nab is the one of two banks providing funding/transactional to the AFL.

They have approached banks and it was put out to tender - I’m aware that one of the big 4 has been approached and believe the funding has been approved.

Need to remember that Nab is the one of two banks providing funding/transactional to the AFL.

I would not be surprised if Bendigo and Adelaide Bank agree to loan the club the money will be the financee as
Richard Fennell is the Chief Customer Officer.

State and federal grants help as well.

So what are we actually up for do we know?
From memory the Westpac centre we forked out 20 million?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion New AFC HQ (Part 2): We're on like Donkey Kong!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back