Known Bugs/Issues

Remove this Banner Ad

All in all, great first effort guys. My first game was an offline game with my brother and it was one of the most fun games we've played on any game.

Most of the issues / bugs have been covered here already but I think a big one is around the salary cap and the 'Footy Factory'. All those 'fantasy' leagues around the country are now stuffed as we can't fit our teams under the smaller $7mil cap. Also, when you build a team you basically destroy all the AFL teams as you literally have to remove them from one side and place them in your team.

My opinion (for what it's worth) is that the salary cap should be higher and you should be able to have the real AFL players in more than one team.

Thanks Ross / BigAnt / TruBlu for a great foundation game!

Got really peed (twice) when carl syd froze in rd5. Is there at all a possibility that this could be fixed at some stage? I think i read that this will be looked at but is it possible to fix through online.?

Overall Im really happy with the game and I couldnt have asked for more in the gameplay and if this can get fixed Ill be really happy.

Its a shame its not Collingwood that got frozen :rolleyes:

I have a solution for the season/trophy issue. You can make a paper mache' trophy and if you win the season you can present it to yourself.

Also people say they don't have the Internet to get the patch, how are you posting on here?

And lastly to the person that said when the ball is punched through after the siren a score wasn't registered, must suck that the game is using correct rules

One other thing that has been mentioned... the team management screen is a little confusing! I can't work out who is on my bench, and who is just on the list and not playing.

Why isn't there a button you can press to filter it to all players not assigned a position before the match?? Or if there is... what is it? :D

And lastly to the person that said when the ball is punched through after the siren a score wasn't registered, must suck that the game is using correct rules

UMMMMM, you're WRONG. Remember the Ess v Syd game about 5 years ago where Spider Everitt punched through the ball at the end of the third with no pressure around him and Ess ended up winning by a point.

Do you think patches will be released? They'd have to be, lucky nothing there's too horribly wrong.

Annoying to see Fisher with 20 possessions at HT because the other team is inaccurate.

Just a couple annoying things i've noticed.
Right stick being bump as well as spoil can be frustrating. In a NAB cup game i had Walker bomb it from 50 going for the 9 pointer, it was straight but going to drop a bit short and i had Tippett one out at the front of the square. So i decided to bump (or shepherd) the full back, so that the ball could skid through for the 9. But you guessed it, Tippett instead spoils the ball over the line.
The other thing that i've noticed is that wind had very little effect. Apparently the max wind speed is 30kmh. With a right footer i was lined up about 40 out, with a 30kmh breeze due right. I've seen stiff breezes at work, so i aimed at the right goal post (allowing for the huge skew right off the boot), but the ball still went way left and snuck in for a point. The stiffest breeze possible had nearly no effect on a shot from 40.
Haven't noticed too many other issues though, very enjoyable overall.

Ok first off I'd like to say that the game is awesome to play, however there are some annoying issues.

1.) When playing online over XBOX Live you cannot pause the game. When one player or both players pause the game, the match still continues in the background.

2.) There is no breaks between quarters when playing online, it just jumps straight into the next quarter. I wouldn't mind some time to make a quick change or two at each break and check some quick stats. Really hope this one gets fixed.

3.) Not sure if this is a glitch or anything but I can't play with 2 other players at the same time over XBOX Live. For example I wanted my cousin and I to be on one team vs. my other cousin and a mate (no local multiplayer, everyone online) but it's like it can only accept 2 xbox live connections at once so im not sure if this a limitation of the game or an actual issue??

Agreed on all of these options..

It means you dont have an opportunity to make any changes to your team during an online match

Hopefully the patch can be used to fix smaller things such as no advertising on the saints jumper, and the west coast wiggle

Hi there - just another game to add to the bugs list - played Round 1 Richmond Carlton last night and the game froze about halfway through the third quarter.

What is the status of the workaround on these - is it just to sim the game?

David Hale switched through the midfield.

I've also noticed in this game (it's not really a bug) but ruckman seem to be as agile and quick as midfielders, a few times I have broken away with Brent Renouf and kicked a goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have the game (played it a playtest and hopefully soon at a friend's place)...waiting for PC version. But...

For those who want to play as teams with the "major" glitch...

If you just want to be able to get through every game in a season, could you just create a custom team, call it Carlton and put all the Carlton players in it, for now at least? I know it's not the same, but assuming a patch comes out soonish, it could satisfy some. Not sure what this does for trophies/awards etc though as I haven't paid too much attention to that sort of thing.

Hopefully these things get fixed for the PC version (unless they've already pressed CDs), although I doubt I'll be playing with WCE, Carlton or St Kilda.

has anyone else noticed that when the opposition takes a mark and your player stand the mark, that if you change players using L1 the player then runs off the mark?

I think his game is a winner due to game play, but here at issues I have come across.

The team line up menu is ugly, confusing etc, you don't actually know who your opponents are lined up on, sometimes you have no idea who your changing around.

The lack of in game stats for players , it's good to see stat leaders but you have no idea who is getting killed by their opponent.

The game has froze on me 3 times. The first 2 times I had created players in other teams and I was Richmond in a custom season and the game froze on me twice in the 3rd qtr vs the crows.

The game also froze on me when I played as Melbourne vs Essendon in a custom season with a created player in the Essendon line up.

Has anybody else had issues with their Footy factory players? Of if you have moved players to other clubs and the game freeze?

There should be DNF% like in madden online, and also if up by like 4+ goals and the internet disconnects it should count as a win. I've played 3 games, only one player stayed till the end. The other two i was up by over 30 points before the internet magically disconnects leaving me with nothing.

Also, sometimes ill have the ball then all of a sudden 3 seperate frames show up totally different things. Next thing i know the ball is in the hands off the opps full forward:eek:

The online play is the worst thing about this game, but i would take that as a positive, it's probably the easiest part of it to fix. The not being able to pause is a significent disadv. and you should be able to offer a mersey defeat like in madden an allow them to leave without copping a DNF.

On to the actual game, it is slightly worse than i expected and i had fairly reasonable expectations-i knew it wasnt going to be like fifa or madden etc. but some parts are a little funny. But the bottom line is it's fun to play, not sure how long i'll play it because of its' skinny features and i won't bother with the online anymore becauase whats the point in playing if you don't even get wins for winning.
But what i will be doing is buying the next edition when/if it comes out for a beefed out version.

Gameplay was all i wanted out of this game, and i think thats what we've got, although, i think it is a tad unrealistically fast at points-maybe my opinion of that will change with more play.

Overall, good work Big Ant:thumbsu:

Re: First AFL Live Glitch?

Honestly even though I get the idea of it, this isn't really needed. You really should not be getting any real bad latency considering you're going to predominantly be playing against Aussies.

LOL, seriously LOL. Most people in Aus have a shit connection.

Couple of bugs/realism glitches i've encountered.
-I'm up to round 6 with Adelaide and David Mackay isn't injured yet.
-I was able to perform a last quarter comeback with Adelaide and win, and the game didn't freeze nor did the universe end.
-Ivan Maric won multiple taps against Sandilands.
-Adelaide defeated Port comfortably in a showdown.
Very unrealistic game.... :thumbsdown: :p

Anyone else noticed that Daniel stewart and paul Stewart from port are mixed up :( in that Daniel Stewart's best possy is half back and Paul Stewart's is full forward I think. I found that pretty annoying since both would be in my starting 22 but when I put Paul Stewart to half back he is rated 51 or something so it isn't worth it :(. Could I edit this in footy factory or no?

This game is good.
The Carlton glitch is pretty bad, but to me it is karma for there club cheating the system to get Judd and consistently tanking.
Anyone sooking about the Carlton glitch too much should just take it easy and stop saying that they will 'take the game back'. They will release a patch.
And if you don't have an internet connection to your PS3, take a good hard look at yourself

I find playing as the roos, it can be difficult to tell the difference between some opposition teams because or away strip is wrong. The heritage jumper helps, but the away strip needs to be fixed. Also, the possibility to choose different short colours with different tops sould be a handy feature.

When kicking out the ball sometimes randomly goes out on the full even if I kick it straight down the middle.

Also need an option to pause an online game without the game continuing in the background, maybe have it like FIFA where you get 3 pauses a game and after you use those pauses you can't pause for the rest of the game, also we should be able to look at replays after goals online.

Remove this Banner Ad

Known Bugs/Issues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back