Koby Stevens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you know the West Coast jumper increases value 30%. I hope we don't get him, all I've heard is he is slow, lazy and can't kick, we have had lots of that sort of player recently, please no more.

This staunch approach by WCE's with Koby Stevens and even Mitch Brown is ironic when you consider what they paid for Wellingham. Geoff Walsh must have some choice photos of Craig Vozzo me thinks.

Last Emperor a player's character is vital when considering their trade value. Cripps had a bad attitude as a junior and the fact he is walking out of St Kilda when the going gets tough, I think we can assume that the bad attitude and arrogance remains.

Stevens on the other hand can't break into a powerhouse midfield so is looking for a chance at another club. Stevens has leadership potential and is universally liked and respected around the club. You pay more for high character guys.

Last Emperor a player's character is vital when considering their trade value. Cripps had a bad attitude as a junior and the fact he is walking out of St Kilda when the going gets tough, I think we can assume that the bad attitude and arrogance remains.

Stevens on the other hand can't break into a powerhouse midfield so is looking for a chance at another club. Stevens has leadership potential and is universally liked and respected around the club. You pay more for high character guys.

I'm not sure about Cripps' character prior to being drafted however there's nothing wrong with it now according to the club. By all reports he's an excellent club man and has a great relationship with Scott Watters. IMO Cripps, along with the St Kilda FC saw an opportunity for a win-win. Cripps to return home and the club to attempt to have Mitch Brown released from WCE - Obviously the Brown deal won't happen. It's perfectly normal these days for AFL footballers to ask for a trade back to their home state, we now see it often - Caddy, Jacobs, Cripps, Stevens and Tippett (to an extent) - All this year. I don't think you can judge his character based on the go home factor alone?

A powerhouse mid field? Ruck maybe but slow one paced midfield which is probably your worst part of the ground. Way to talk up nothing.

You certainly can assume that, but you know what they say about assumption. It's the mother of all ****-ups. I'm guessing you **** up a lot and you clearly have NO IDEA why Cripps is leaving to go home, but you're happy to trash him all the same, even though you're horribly off the money in this instance. (And here you are talking about "character". Ha!)

Hope he gets to your club next year, sounds like you two deserve each other! :thumbsu:

lololololol :D

Stevens has more worth than Cripps. Cripps like Josh Hill can be turned into a good footballer but West Coast will have to iron out all the kinks in his game like we did with Hill. Stevens however is a ready made footballer who has been taught well.

Stevens is worth a pick between 30-35, Cripps like I said last week about the mid 40's.
I don't know how you figure that. I think Cripps for Stevens straight swap would be fine. I would even take Stevens + lynch compo (pick 39 or whatever) for Cripps + pick 43 (or whatever their pick is). Or if St Kilda prefers Stevens + our third round (likely won't be used) for Cripps.

A powerhouse mid field? Ruck maybe but slow one paced midfield which is probably your worst part of the ground. Way to talk up nothing.
Though I agree it most definitely is not a "powerhouse midfield", our defence and forward line are pretty awesome, so it does make our mid range midfield look worse than it is.

I think it's pretty obvious that he'll end up at St Kilda for Jamie Cripps, not that I'm happy about it.

I reckon you will be.

Will be a very handy player.

IMO given he could not break into that 'powerhouse' eagles midfield he is not afl quality.

Perhaps the same could be said for Stevens character wanting to leave the 'GREAT WCE' - how dare he ask to move home to be closer to family and friends!

Mori your arrogance is it ignorance is so blinding it's laughable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fail by WC if this promising bloke comes home. Really hasnt been given an extended time to develope in the seniors. Should have been given more mid field time after Shuey stunk up the final in 2011.

Midfield is our only weakness, its not bad but slowish yes. Enter stage left Wellingham and LeCras in 2013 and you better put on those flash goggles - blink and you will miss it :D Most outside observers of west coast including yourself have forgotten we have LeCras to come back and Nicoski, how many players of that ilk does Freo have coming back next year ?

Fail by WC if this promising bloke comes home. Really hasnt been given an extended time to develope in the seniors. Should have been given more mid field time after Shuey stunk up the final in 2011.
Promising to make a mark at WAFL level perhaps. 3 years isn't enough as a full time professional to start to dominate State League games? Stevens hasnt at WAFL level.

Any comparison with Shuey is laughable.,

WC is an AFL club not a feeder team.

It's a fail to not gift players games for the sake of it? Shuey is a hell of a lot better then Stevens.

Your trolling attempts are rather weak.

Shuey was a major reason why we made the finals, first full year the kid got tired, no hiding from that.
But nice troll anyway, got a few bites.

Too manyinside mids at the Eagles for him. Will be a solid player due to his worth ethic and attitude towards the game. 150 game type IMO.

Promising to make a mark at WAFL level perhaps. 3 years isn't enough as a full time professional to start to dominate State League games? Stevens hasnt at WAFL level.

Any comparison with Shuey is laughable.,

WC is an AFL club not a feeder team.

His numbers are impressive in the WAFL. Shuey to date has performed better clearly but after he failed in the Collingwood final last year other mids should have been given an extended run in the middle 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back