Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

there is a spot for kosi in our side, I wouldnt like to see any made player ask for a trade,we need to keep our side together,only replacing those who are not up to it with kids with potential.

But If he's going to go, we want as much as we can get. :D

I don't think Kosi is irreplaceable. By the time next season roles around we could have Walsh, Stanley, Cahill and Lynch knocking at the door.

For my own general amusement, I watched part of the game again.

Guide - whilst I saw some contact from Lonergan, I wouldn't have paid a free.

S4E - you need to watch the Schneider goal again - Kosi was 100% trying to mark it as he always does. And most of the scores from the small forwards had nothing to do with long kicks to our tall forwards. Again, the false credit is kinda irritating.

I will, because any opportuntity to watch the replay again is fine with me. I don't want people to think I give false credit, so I will concentrate on his efforts in particular.

But If he's going to go, we want as much as we can get. :D

I don't think Kosi is irreplaceable. By the time next season roles around we could have Walsh, Stanley, Cahill and Lynch knocking at the door.
Wouldnt take much notice of SEN,sometimes listen to in the car,what you say could be right,we have some good kids, still think kosi is in our best team though,

Wouldnt take much notice of SEN,sometimes listen to in the car,what you say could be right,we have some good kids, still think kosi is in our best team though,

Don't get me wrong, I don't wish any of our squad gone right now, and I was just mucking around back there, because, if poached. big name players like Ablett will get two draft picks in exchange, compared to one for a normal player, so "Pump him up - he's elite ".

There are rumours everywhere regarding GC, and If they are all true, they will have a 270 man squad ( or thereabouts ) next year.

The fact remains that GC will be poaching players. Kosi could well be a target.
1. In the ruck and in the forward line he has physical attributes that young draftee's will not be able to gain readily. ( Ben McEvoy has been in the system 3 years now and Kosi is probably still a bit better in the Ruck, in fact if King breaks down and Gardiner is injured thats where I'd have him playing ).

2. He is not too old to consider.

3. His current form slump could be affectiing his satisfaction, and its possible he could look for a fresh start somewhere. ( Hope he's not keeping in contact with Luke Ball ).

Kosi in the Footy Record:

Best mark - hanger at primary school

Something people would be surprised to know - I'm a helicopter pilot

Life motto - stay alive

Teammate most likely to google his own name - Will Johnson

Something people would be surprised to know - I'm a helicopter pilot

Life motto - stay alive

So who's getting a lift with Kosi to the Brisbane game in his chopper???

Maybe he could take David Schwartz (and forget to close the door).

For those who are interested in the scores from the Geelong game!

1st

Goal - Milne chips to Schneids who has a ping from inside square (skids thru)

Point - Scrambled kick from Monty lands on Jack's chest (not manned up)

Goal - Schneider after holding the ball at half fwd (50m pen)

2nd

Point - Hayes after holding the man (50m pen)

Goal - good contest from Kosi, which Schneider flying through the pack

Goal - long kick to Kosi who doesn't get to the contest. Taylor gets there are double fists outside 50m. Schneider gathers and shoots handball to Dal who goals on the run

Point - Monty kicks to Milne in the clear but doesn't hit the target and Milne hurriedly snaps

3rd

Point - handball from Red Bull at 55 to Faz who dicks around with it before giving off to Gardi who rushes a kick at goal from 40m

Goal - Sneaky Peaky sends 50m kick into the forward line, finding Jack who is again without an opponent 20m out (50m pen ensures the goal)

Goal - Geel coughs up under pressure and Jack snaps from 40m (Scarlett makes meal of it and tries to hide his embarrassment by claiming he touched it)

Point - Kosi misses from straight in front after interesting free kick

Goal - couple of good pieces of play from Blakey ends with Mini who threads handball to Jack who again snaps truly

Point - flurry of handballs at CHF end in long range shot by Red Bull

Goal - ball spills from throw in to Mini who flips a clever handball to Schneider who snaps a ripper

Goal - Gilbo kicks to Macca 75m out, ball spills to Schneider who fires long handball to Milne at 50m. He runs to 30 and snaps a goal.

4th

Point - Nice mark on wing from Dempster, he finds Dal who passes to Monty at 20m

Point - Mini at 60m kicks to Kazak 2 on 1. Ball spilling to Bakes (aka Cyclops) who misses

Point - Monty smothers a wanky Johnson kick at 60m and finds Milne 30m out

Point - Wojo fumbles badly at 50m Mini swoops, handballing to Schneider who misses from 40

Goal - Monty misses from 40m but Milne marks and falls over as he was trying to play on (gets another shot after umpire abuse from _unt)

I think the little guys just got the job done themselves. ;)

But Kosi was applying SOO much pressure, Squizz. And his 1%ers were so good, they were really 2%ers. And he was covering his man - isn't that what forwards do?

For those who are interested in the scores from the Geelong game!

1st

Goal - Milne chips to Schneids who has a ping from inside square (skids thru)

Point - Scrambled kick from Monty lands on Jack's chest (not manned up)

Goal - Schneider after holding the ball at half fwd (50m pen)

2nd

Point - Hayes after holding the man (50m pen)

Goal - good contest from Kosi, which Schneider flying through the pack

Goal - long kick to Kosi who doesn't get to the contest. Taylor gets there are double fists outside 50m. Schneider gathers and shoots handball to Dal who goals on the run

Point - Monty kicks to Milne in the clear but doesn't hit the target and Milne hurriedly snaps

3rd

Point - handball from Red Bull at 55 to Faz who dicks around with it before giving off to Gardi who rushes a kick at goal from 40m

Goal - Sneaky Peaky sends 50m kick into the forward line, finding Jack who is again without an opponent 20m out (50m pen ensures the goal)

Goal - Geel coughs up under pressure and Jack snaps from 40m (Scarlett makes meal of it and tries to hide his embarrassment by claiming he touched it)

Point - Kosi misses from straight in front after interesting free kick

Goal - couple of good pieces of play from Blakey ends with Mini who threads handball to Jack who again snaps truly

Point - flurry of handballs at CHF end in long range shot by Red Bull

Goal - ball spills from throw in to Mini who flips a clever handball to Schneider who snaps a ripper

Goal - Gilbo kicks to Macca 75m out, ball spills to Schneider who fires long handball to Milne at 50m. He runs to 30 and snaps a goal.

4th

Point - Nice mark on wing from Dempster, he finds Dal who passes to Monty at 20m

Point - Mini at 60m kicks to Kazak 2 on 1. Ball spilling to Bakes (aka Cyclops) who misses

Point - Monty smothers a wanky Johnson kick at 60m and finds Milne 30m out

Point - Wojo fumbles badly at 50m Mini swoops, handballing to Schneider who misses from 40

Goal - Monty misses from 40m but Milne marks and falls over as he was trying to play on (gets another shot after umpire abuse from _unt)

I think the little guys just got the job done themselves. ;)

Wow, that is a lot of effort to ensure Kosi doesn't get any false credit :p

So who's getting a lift with Kosi to the Brisbane game in his chopper???

Maybe he could take David Schwartz (and forget to close the door).

I like that his choices of stay alive and Chopper pilot are complimentary , but I can't help thinking, Kosi, Kosi, that big plane Kosi, to your right mate, KOSI HTF CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT BLOODY AIRBUS.

Wow, that is a lot of effort to ensure Kosi doesn't get any false credit :p

Didn't know whether you were going to get around to watching the game :D

Whilst I was a scout as a lad and like to be prepared, admittedly I did have another reason (got a new digi recorder and have been mucking around to see what it does without using the manual as I normally do).

And I was always going to watch that third quarter again!

But Kosi was applying SOO much pressure, Squizz. And his 1%ers were so good, they were really 2%ers. And he was covering his man - isn't that what forwards do?

Once again, I reiterate that he is not making 450k for his '1%ers'. He is paid to kick goals, and at the moment he couldn't get a kick in a stampede. Matthew Lloyd wrote a good piece in The Sunday Age about Koschitzke and where he is at with his football.

Once again, I reiterate that he is not making 450k for his '1%ers'. He is paid to kick goals, and at the moment he couldn't get a kick in a stampede. Matthew Lloyd wrote a good piece in The Sunday Age about Koschitzke and where he is at with his football.

GC - I'd read Percy's post a little differently :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now, available on ebay:

sarcasm01.jpg

I believe Koschitzke's future is dependant on this finals series. If he performs with a flare and doesn't become a liability, then he will stay with the Saints.
However, if he were to play like his recent quite finals series, than i see him as gone.

I think you people underestimate some of Kozi's other values, he never fails to make a contest and bring the ball to ground, he provides useful stints in the ruck to give Gardiner and King a rest, his hunger for the ball is second to none, I think he deserves a little more respect.

Didn't know whether you were going to get around to watching the game :D

Whilst I was a scout as a lad and like to be prepared, admittedly I did have another reason (got a new digi recorder and have been mucking around to see what it does without using the manual as I normally do).

And I was always going to watch that third quarter again!

Of course I did, and like you, I will be watching a few more times yet.

I still think he was the most effective big man out there, by far.

Very much looking foward to having the twin towers back working in unison this weekend. :thumbsu:

Trade him for what exactly?

Magic beans?

You have to look at what our list is lacking in looking for a trade.
If we trade Kosi will we get a first round pick in a compromised draft -No.
Will we get a midfielder that can eventually replace Lenny Hayes -No
Will we get a gun full forward - No
Will we get an all Australian Full back -No.

We would get an average draft pick that would mean we would have to de-list one of our other young hopefulls to use.
We would get another average midfielder to compete with Geary, Steven, Armo for a spot.
We would get a lesser backman to compete with Dawson, or Clarke, or Dempster for a spot.

No point getting trading just to get rid of someone.

400 grand?

You talking the cost of Kosi or the lack of future salary payments to The Former Essendon Player? :D

Agree SS - even people who are frustrated with his game would see that Kazak is still developing (and will probably be our second ruckman in the post-Gardi era) along with Drago. The other tall forwards on our list aren't overly close at the minute (imo). And we're not exactly going to get a ready made replacement for any picks you'd get for Kosi.

I just struggle massively with what he's trying to do on the park these days, and wonder whether he "gets it".

Playing from behind Lonergan the other night was just not flash in the tactics department, as were the way he went about laying a tackle. Trying to one grab mark in wet conditions is going to end in tears pretty much every time - imagine if he could start palming to the advantage of others (and use his rucking skills as well as the talents of the smalls around him)? Or screen for a teammate to drop back into the hole and mark within range?

I'll put the lack of chasing effort the other night down to carrying the ankle injury (although I do wonder how long he's been playing with the issue).

In good conditions if there is gets reasonable delivery into F50 he is still a handfull. Granted. I'm just looking for the different efforts in conditions which don't suit or where we aren't able to kick it lace-out.

Highly doubt Ross will get rid of Kosi, only way he'd leave would be if it's his doing....

Remove this Banner Ad

Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back