Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

What did we all think of Lloyd's article?

Kosi should be offered a VERY, VERY low deal, and become a cost-saver for the Saints. He should be getting prepared to see Walsh and Stanely take his spot, and the world to move on from this kind of all-talk-no-action.

What did we all think of Lloyd's article?

Kosi should be offered a VERY, VERY low deal, and become a cost-saver for the Saints. He should be getting prepared to see Walsh and Stanely take his spot, and the world to move on from this kind of all-talk-no-action.

Well to be honest, I try not to listen or read anything from Velvet ;)

Well to be honest, I try not to listen or read anything from Velvet

Agree again - we're 2/2 today! :D

When I think of Lloyd, the following seems to appear :

This is it, with his partner in crime back in the line up surely he'll have to be free'd up. Expecting a good game from the bigman.

(what page number are we on?:D)

So, uh, let me get this straight.

- Before Roo got injured, he wasn't kicking goals. We all said that was because he was leaving room for Riewoldt to do his thing, and couldn't find space.
- When Roo got injured, we said he'd finally have the space to have a major impact, and would step up as the lone forward. He didn't kick any goals.
- Then we said he was being swamped as the lone forward, so we brought in Stanley, to take a supporting role to Kosi, so he'd have space without another dominating forward to block his way. He still didn't kick any goals.
- Now, Riewoldt's back, and because we're expecting that now that everything's back to normal again, he'll kick goals.

Or alternatively... he's a crap forward who can't kick goals. For all his ability to bust the packs, etc, he's there to kick goals. Other forwards of his ilk bust packs, spend a little time doing ruck duties, roam the ground, present a target, blah, blah, blah - but they also kick goals. Because that's their job. To kick goals. You can polish crap (with other stats, talk of creating opportunities for small forwards), you can polish and polish - it's still crap, and crap don't shine.

Current list of goal-kickers for the club:

1. Stephen Milne: 35goals, 19behinds, 54shots (btw, freak, legend...)
2. Adam Schneider: 23g, 9b, 32 shots
3. Brendan Goddard: 16g, 8b, 24 shots
4. Leigh Montagna: 13g, 9b, 22 shots
5. Justin Koschitzke: 11g, 11b, 22 shots
6. Nick Dal Santo: 11g, 7b, 18 shots
7. Nick Riewoldt: 11g, 2b, 13 shots

Goddard and Monty - both midfielders - have kicked more goals than our main forward. Kosi has kicked the same amount of goals so far this season as Nick Dal Santo - another midfielder - and Nick Riewoldt, who hasn't even played for ages.

Perhaps we should stop trying to suggest it's a "hooker with heart of gold" story...

Well to be honest, I try not to listen or read anything from Velvet ;)
St Kilda should have likewise dismissed his opinion when he vouched for Lovett - in fact he should be chipping in for the bullshit payout - oh, wrong thread? Been done to death? Uh, ok then ... I agree, Kosi is playing better than Lovett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't figure out whats happened to Kosi.
He was pretty bad in 2008, came good last year, now this.
His Kicking was always a bit inaccurate, but that doesn't matter if you can get the ball.
Its his marking that's letting him down, for some reason he can't do it anymore.
Every now and then he takes a teriffic grab, but usually you can tell he's not going to get it before it falls to the ground, and when he does mark it its a fumbly bumbly afair where it drops and he re-grabs it, or he takes it one handed.

I can't get angry at him, because I know he's trying, and I'm not sure that he should be dropped from the side at the moment either since there is no real replacement ( at least until Stanley/Walsh/Cahill are cooked a bit longer ).
I just want him to play decent footy and I'm sure he does too.

well he's back is pretty much against the wall, with Riewoldt in and taking the best defender off he doesn't really have an excuse for playing like he has this year (i cannot note one game he's play atleast decent in, perhaps against Freemantle)

i guess there is always hope for the Kozi of 2009 to return

So, uh, let me get this straight.

- Before Roo got injured, he wasn't kicking goals. We all said that was because he was leaving room for Riewoldt to do his thing, and couldn't find space.
- When Roo got injured, we said he'd finally have the space to have a major impact, and would step up as the lone forward. He didn't kick any goals.
- Then we said he was being swamped as the lone forward, so we brought in Stanley, to take a supporting role to Kosi, so he'd have space without another dominating forward to block his way. He still didn't kick any goals.
- Now, Riewoldt's back, and because we're expecting that now that everything's back to normal again, he'll kick goals.

Or alternatively... he's a crap forward who can't kick goals. For all his ability to bust the packs, etc, he's there to kick goals. Other forwards of his ilk bust packs, spend a little time doing ruck duties, roam the ground, present a target, blah, blah, blah - but they also kick goals. Because that's their job. To kick goals. You can polish crap (with other stats, talk of creating opportunities for small forwards), you can polish and polish - it's still crap, and crap don't shine.

Current list of goal-kickers for the club:

1. Stephen Milne: 35goals, 19behinds, 54shots (btw, freak, legend...)
2. Adam Schneider: 23g, 9b, 32 shots
3. Brendan Goddard: 16g, 8b, 24 shots
4. Leigh Montagna: 13g, 9b, 22 shots
5. Justin Koschitzke: 11g, 11b, 22 shots
6. Nick Dal Santo: 11g, 7b, 18 shots
7. Nick Riewoldt: 11g, 2b, 13 shots

Goddard and Monty - both midfielders - have kicked more goals than our main forward. Kosi has kicked the same amount of goals so far this season as Nick Dal Santo - another midfielder - and Nick Riewoldt, who hasn't even played for ages.

Perhaps we should stop trying to suggest it's a "hooker with heart of gold" story...

I think you should have a * next to your username, given there are some exceptions to the rule? It could be small print, something like

*Persevering Saint
with the exception of the following St Kilda players ..............

:p

Confidence.

Take his year to date, started a bit slowly but ultimately we all remember the revenge hanger and he started looking the goods again in participation.

2 goals 1, 2 marks, 1 goal assist, 1 inside 50

Of course then he got suspended and comes back in the Port game.

1 behind, 4 marks, 2 assists, 2 inside 50's v Port
1.1, 5 marks, 2 I50's, 0 Assists v Dogs
1 behind, 6 marks, 1 I50, 1 Assist v Carlton
3.2 & 5 marks v Essendon
1.1, 9 marks and 1 I50 v Eagles
0.1, 5 marks and 3 I50's v Adelaide
2.1, 5 marks and 2 I50's v Richmond
2.1, 7 marks, 2 assists and 1 I50 v Freo
0.1, 3 marks and 1 I50 v Geelong

Youhave a man simply going through the motions resigned to the fact that he can't go as hard as he would like at the ball or the man because he'll end up out of the side. You have a bloke who spent last year as a foil to Rooey who before this had to come back into the side after he was suspended and become the focal point, the shinging beacon while trying to play a game while curbing his natural attack on the ball and the ball carrier.

You have a guy who still managed to contribute in a few games with shots on, assists or getting it into the area for a score of some sort (lockdown contested situation, pressure situation, scoring chain instead of direct assist)

For me, he's not confident, he's second guessing his efforts and that's causing him to halfheartedly meet contests because he knows as ell as any of us do that if he makes a contest, uses his bulk and his size to impact the contest, he has carry over and all it takes is one play to drop the ball or conveniently fumble and he'll spend 2 weeks out and have to start again, and again and again. You see it in the contests he makes, straight line at the ball he's fine and dandy, grabbing it on the deck, corraling or attacking a bloke you see him dawdle, you see him have the turning circle of a Pluto year and you see him conscious of where to grab a bloke instead of grabbing him and tearing the ball off him or dumping him into the turf to lock it in.

was dissapointing against the pies. I expected a refreshed revitalised Koschitzke but he had no influence on the game even when playing ruck.

What to do??? :confused::(

No second efforts, barely runs after the ball/player when the opposition has it.

He may have a lot more skill and talent than a Zac Dawson...but at least Zac gives everything.

Starting to worry about Kosi, he looks uninterested.

was dissapointing against the pies. I expected a refreshed revitalised Koschitzke but he had no influence on the game even when playing ruck.

What to do??? :confused::(

Hi Jimmy

Curious as to why you'd expect that, if he was out for two weeks with an ankle, and was touch and go to play this week?

I also think his rucking was fine, he still out-rucks our second ruckman in hitouts every game he plays bursts in there.

I would be very surprised if he was dropped this week.

with time out to mentally prepare, i believed he would return and want to make an impact on the game. With Rooey in also having pressure taken of his back to perform

I love the guy (why i wear No. 23 on me saints guersey) but it just looks like that he'll never perform to his potential. And his future is unclear as of now.

Needs a few weeks in the VFL to find form. He should be made to earn his spot in St.kilda's best 22, not just be an automatic walk up start on match day. Maybe kicking a few goals in the VFL will help with his confidence?

Needs a few weeks in the VFL to find form. He should be made to earn his spot in St.kilda's best 22, not just be an automatic walk up start on match day. Maybe kicking a few goals in the VFL will help with his confidence?

At the moment it seems to make little difference whether we pick Kosi , Pattison, or Stanley as a second tall forward.
I'd be tempted to try a Riewoldt / Stanley forward line for maximum potential ( though Stanley may have the flu right now ).

Not sure what role Kosi would play for Sandringham though.

It's just not working is it brothers?

I thought starting him in the ruck was a great move on Saturday. He took a nice mark and went back and slotted the first goal and I thought oh here we go.

And that was it.

It's killing me. I know he's trying, but he's just not producing the goods. I keep waiting for him to turn around, but after Rnd 16 he's going backwards.

We need you big boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back