Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think Kosi should be dropped but we should change his role to second ruckman that floats forward, replacing King. He just isn't giving us enough at full forward, if he isn't taking marks and kicking goals he is a liability.

Opposition defenders are swamping him without Riewoldt to share the load and then running off him when it hits ground level. Numerous times we went to Kosi last night where he was spoiled by two or three defenders who then swept the ball up field for an easy rebound.

We have to try another marking target up forward, either bringing in someone like Stanley, McEvoy or Cahill or using someone like Goddard or Fisher (although they would probably be better off in other roles and maybe pinch hitting up forward occasionally like Kosi)

Most of his Career Riewoldt has not been the sole tall forward.
He worked pretty well with Gehrig as full forward, and has lifted to become the main scorer, with Kosi picking up some scrapps as a kind of a poor mans Gehrig.

Now we seem to want Kosi to be able to do more than what Riewoldt was capable of, and I dont think anyone has any illusions as to how that will work.

We need to spread the load, to make inside 50's mean something.
Kosi to remain forward.
Goddard to play mostly forward but drift back.
Another tall , Cahill or Stanley as a third marking target, ( or even Dawson who managed to take two good marks in the 50 in the last quarter and probably could have goaled at least one of them on any other day).

Might weaken the zone a bit, but would it be worse than yesterday?

Screaming out for a key forward to kick to and people want Kosi dropped who's a key forward. Brilliant logic being applied by some, utterly brilliant.

Kosi either needs to be sat in the square and told to run and jump at anything withing 30 or he needs to be the CHF leading up to present, the problem is we have no one else presenting on a consistent basis so Kosi is going up with 3-4 around him because everyone is just standing back looking. How many times did you see a dish out front and square and see 3 Carlton blokes?

For mine, we have ample backmen to deal with defenses, stick Cougar in the FF position in the square and place Kosi at CHF, Kosi has the superior kick to then spot up I50 targets (compared to Cougar who shanks a couple) shift Blake to FB, Chips to CHB & Baker and Gilbo in the pockets with Gram/Goddard and Ray/Geary on the flanks. In any case for mine, Dawson should be played forward, slight reshuffle of the back 6, let Cougar find his groove as a forward and you should see marked improvement in Kosi as far as presenting goes.

Kicking seems to be issue again as I don't think we had all that many goals from set shots (if any).

Didn't mind how Cougar looked in the forward line last quarter.
He missed two set shots, but made the distance easily, and you got the impression he would have nailed them both if he had made the same shot during practise.

Well working that people don't want him int he backline, I don;t see why he isn't a viable forward option in Roo's absence since he seems to look more comfortable up forward than down back, more fluid in his actions. he spent a year down back and did well, this should only serve him better to make forward pressure or judge the situation on its merits when he is (whether to thump to advantage or to mark) as the backline is where we are probably most solid.

Either way, Kosi needs some support down there and I don't think Stanley is the key atm as he'd be outbodied in any contested situation, Heyne might be worth a short and would Lynch on the HFF, but Lynch would need more VFL time for mine. Kosi though, needs to work on his kicking still.

Well working that people don't want him int he backline, I don;t see why he isn't a viable forward option in Roo's absence since he seems to look more comfortable up forward than down back, more fluid in his actions. he spent a year down back and did well, this should only serve him better to make forward pressure or judge the situation on its merits when he is (whether to thump to advantage or to mark) as the backline is where we are probably most solid.

Either way, Kosi needs some support down there and I don't think Stanley is the key atm as he'd be outbodied in any contested situation, Heyne might be worth a short and would Lynch on the HFF, but Lynch would need more VFL time for mine. Kosi though, needs to work on his kicking still.

Maybe we could get DalSanto and the other spuds to bend over in front of him. :D

Didn't mind how Cougar looked in the forward line last quarter.
He missed two set shots, but made the distance easily, and you got the impression he would have nailed them both if he had made the same shot during practise.

Dawson isn't too bad up forward, he has played as a forward earlier in his career so it isn't foriegn to him. Seems to be able to lead OK and is a decent mark, just needs to improve his kicking at goal. Had a couple of gettable chances last night that he missed.

If we have to shift one of our tall defenders forward I would prefer it is him rather than Fisher, Gwilt, Raph Clarke or Gilbert.

Not coming here to troll.

Kosi is very frustrating to watch - he's a big unit, athletic, but defies his ability. There were a few things last night, but one was where Jamo (a smaller player) bumped Kosi in a contest and Kosi fell to ground easily.

Heard that Kosi has only once come top 10 in B&F. is it totally a confidence thing with him? Or is he being played out of position?

For what it's worth, your start to the year hasn't been as good as last year but the players are still there and you're still top 8. Reckon your form will pick up and you'll finish top 4 and higher than the Blues

But at day's end do u think Kosi will be a part of your tilt at the flag or will he never live up to his ability and is it time to cut your losses?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will be, his confidence is in his kicking for mine, he'll clunk a mark or be ont he end of something and if he kicks it, he's in for a good day, miss his first shot and he's as good as done. Take the Sydney game last year as an example, Joly took a hanger on him, if he was a confidence player full stop he'd have packed it in, instead, revenge hanger slots it and he plays a vital part in the win.

The problem with Kosi this year is consistency, came in with aggression, got suspended, came back when it was wet and hasn't been abe to find a groove since (given Lake gives him a roasting, Pies zone off defenders and our ball movement has been going at about 65% or less around the ground) His best position for mine is CHF, hes good around the ground, he can pinch hit ruck and he's got a pretty booming kick on him, the problem with this is of course Riewoldt is the far superior CHF. So ultimately he's a victim of an inferiority complex, so it's all mental with him. But he's definitely in plans for a flag, just where is the issue.

^ Couldn't of said it better.

And maybe this experience being the main forward will build him up untill Roo comes back in, and knowing how good Riewoldt is, end up firing strong because of less pressure and lesser defender?

What did John Lennon sing...."keep on playing those mind games forever" What I have really liked in the whole analysis of Kosi is that Lyon keeps backing him. This is good for Kosi and his mental state, I am sure he will hit a purple patch soon. Rather it is the delivery and those around him that need to have a good look at how their performance is effecting the Big K. Remember he is still taking on average two defenders to nearly every contest, so the opposition rate him still.

Tired of psychological excuses for Kosi. Just tired of him all round. He has lived off of excuses his entire career: he's injured, he's playing second-fiddle to Riewoldt, Riewoldt's not there to take the pressure, he's a confidence-player, it was wet, the defender was really good, on and on and on and ON...

St Fly, we ALL know that we're desperate for a KPF - the problem is that Kosi isn't being one. We don't want to drop him for small defender. We want to drop him for a real KPF - or at the very least, a KPF on the right side of potential... y'know, the side where their potential may turn into actuality, as opposed to potential that has gone nowhere in 7 years.

I don't necessarily think Stanley is the answer just yet, because I think he'll get injured, if he isn't already. But the answer hasn't been Kosi, ever. It's not now.

I posted a week or so ago about making excuses for Kosi and they still go on.

FACT: he has taken 3 marks inside 50 in 3 weeks
Compare with Cougar, our full back, who took 2 in a quarter.

How dreadful is that?

The simple fact is if u don't call for the guy to be axed now, then u never will. If u think this guy is making a positive contribution to our team and a player for the future, then your opinion is meaningless and u r delusional.

and ESPECIALLY

If you think he is a confidence player and you have confidence when the ball comes towards him during the match, knowing that he is being thrashed by younger smaller players then u may realise his confidence isn't going to rise.

Putting him in the seconds isn't going to help when he is thrashed there.

Would u still have Jason Daniels playing? Mordi Bromberger? Damn Kosi has 1 placing in the B and F in 10 years, and Luke Ball is shown the door??

Do u honestly think another player could produce less? To blindly support a lost cause isn't supporting your team.

Kosi's "mental state" Karma???? How damn precious can he be treated? I don't give a rats arse about how he feels about his crap performances, he couldn't have less confidence in himself than I do in him. He is a professional, highly paid, experienced player. Harden the #%^ up!

Is Kosi expected to come into the team and replace the best player in the AFL? There's no other player in any team that could walk in and do what Roo does. Jonathon Brown doesn't have the engine. Pavlich would be the only bloke who'd come close. How come Kosi gets so much **** for putting in 100% but not being as good as Roo? Time to ease up and let the bloke continue committing every week. We'd be a worse team without him.

Expected to replace the best player in the team? He should try to replace the worst player in the team and he would do better!

He isn't playing CHF, he is still FF.

3 marks inside 50, 1 goal in 3 games is expecting too much?????????

Have a look at our performances without him this year properly, and then cooly decide whether he impoves the team. Look at the scores, inside 50s, marks inside 50s, any damn stat u like.

I'm not saying he doesn't try or doesn't care, i'm saying his performances since the finals last year stinks and we ARE a better team without him.

He is a professional, highly paid, experienced player. Harden the #%^ up

Hope you don't mind an outsider but this ^^ is a very good point and not just in relation to Kosi (we've all got one or two!). These guys earn high level executive like salaries, I can't imagine the senior people in my company ballsing up the very job they are required to do day in day out and getting excused so often.

earn my salary and screw up as much as you like :eek:

PS and DR where are the kpp's? Kosi has not fulfilled our expectations granted, but who is there to replace him, Stanley? Yes, No. Lynch? Yes , No. Goddard? Yes No. Heyne? Yes No. Fisher? Yes No. Keep him there, get better supply to him and let the other forwards profit from the extra attention he is getting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back