Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

why don't the other forwards pick up goals knowing that kozi will lose the marking contest. his marking use to be alot stronger. something has changed, he seems to have lost his judgement of the ball in the air.

Thats a good idea Karma, have a full forward who is a full time decoy. Hey maybe we can booby trap him to explode next time he takes a mark...... no that wont work it never happens, maybe rig him to detonate when he gets shoved off the ball by a 1st year player.
Nothing else could work or should be tried. No player has been brought into a team and improved it. No point even trying it.
Love your philosophy, ""If it is broke, don't fix it"
Our forward line is working so well, as is rotating backs forward every quarter to prevent them settling into position. That way we kick 7 goals a match, we get beaten, lose our premiership window and kosi gets his mental state massaged.

DR lets see what happens over the next few weeks. StKilda Football Club until recently has a history of over-reacting to adversity and junking everything, coaches, players, administrators. The next result of all that was wooden spoons and easy beats. I suffered for decades under this mentality. I don't want to go through that again, hence I have a certain reluctance to junk anyone. A classic example to illustrate my point is Thompson and the Cats. Everyone wanted to get rid of him, Costa and the board stuck with him and the results are there to see. So I feel your frustration, but we are 5 & 2 with 4 very winnable games in front of us. Lyon is going through his options week by week, it will come good. We are not at the slash and burn stage or even close to it.

I think we still tend to compare him with Roo because they came on board at the same time and with similar reputations. One has lived up to his and the other hasn't. We just have to re-assess what Kosi is capable of.

KF, this is not a response to the last few weeks, at least from me. I have seen this situation firmly on the wall for quite some time, and you can check my previous posts to prove it, if you care. My point, this isn't a knee jerk reaction, at least from me. Kosi has been a substandard footballer for quite a while.

And there ARE alternatives for the KPF spot - they are not established successful players, but they would only be replacing an established UNsuccessful player. Swapping Kosi for Cahill, McEvoy, Stanley or Lynch runs the risk of them only getting 3 possies, no marks, and no goals... but we're getting that from Kosi already - the only difference is that those guys represent the future and will improve with game time, while Kosi is the past and hasn't improved with copious amounts of game time topped up with excuses.

As for the claim that we're all stupidly expecting Kosi to replace Riewoldt, that is logically ridiculous. If we were complaining because Kosi only 8 marks instead of Roo's 13, or 3 goals intead of Roo's 4, or 12 disposals instead of Roo's 20, THEN that would be unfairly expecting Kosi to be the wonderful freak that Riewoldt is. But NOBODY is saying that - we're saying we expect him to be a KPF who does a KPF's job: finds enough of the ball to kick 3ish goals a game, and hold his defender. No more, no less. He isn't doing that. He keeps not doing that. His career is basically defined by not doing that. Enough is enough.

KF, this is not a response to the last few weeks, at least from me. I have seen this situation firmly on the wall for quite some time, and you can check my previous posts to prove it, if you care. My point, this isn't a knee jerk reaction, at least from me. Kosi has been a substandard footballer for quite a while.

And there ARE alternatives for the KPF spot - they are not established successful players, but they would only be replacing an established UNsuccessful player. Swapping Kosi for Cahill, McEvoy, Stanley or Lynch runs the risk of them only getting 3 possies, no marks, and no goals... but we're getting that from Kosi already - the only difference is that those guys represent the future and will improve with game time, while Kosi is the past and hasn't improved with copious amounts of game time topped up with excuses.

As for the claim that we're all stupidly expecting Kosi to replace Riewoldt, that is logically ridiculous. If we were complaining because Kosi only 8 marks instead of Roo's 13, or 3 goals intead of Roo's 4, or 12 disposals instead of Roo's 20, THEN that would be unfairly expecting Kosi to be the wonderful freak that Riewoldt is. But NOBODY is saying that - we're saying we expect him to be a KPF who does a KPF's job: finds enough of the ball to kick 3ish goals a game, and hold his defender. No more, no less. He isn't doing that. He keeps not doing that. His career is basically defined by not doing that. Enough is enough.

No Dramas from me PS re your thoughts I just hope Kosi comes good, forlorn hope or not, the bugger is so big and we have seen what he can do. I thought he was very good last year and had progressed hence my reluctance to get rid of him. This year yes, he is below what we are all hoping for, if he doesn't nail it over the next few weeks, fair enough, but err on the side of being conservative is my mantra when it comes to the Saints, esp. with the KPP's. My memory is long and filled with a lot of despair, we have a great team now, a great coach I believe, and it seems a great administration, no time for slashing and burning like the past.
icon7.gif

We need to continue to support Kosi but he needs to stop running outside the 50m.

If he isn't standing somewhere inside the 50m arc when we win a turnover he ends up marking somewhere on the wing and it's just not good enough.

We just can't afford to send that 18th player back so often.

If he leads out too far he need to stop and jog back to the square and RESET! while keeping his eye on the ball and avoiding any possible cheap bump that could drop him.

He's an AFL footballer and this awareness is required of him.

Absolutely spot om Perservering Saint, right on the money.
Its just pure garbage to say our expectations of Kosi are too high, just listen to the justifications of his continuing poor form to get an idea of how people accept his failing to meet the lowest expectations.

For those that are expecting Kosi to wake up one morning and be Roo's bootlace, it aint happening.

I can only repeat 3 marks inside 50 for 4 weeks as full forward. I would rack those numbers up against the worst forwards we have had for a while. They make Jason Heatley look a star. Add that pathetic attacking game to a non-existant defensive one and you get a bum.

Funny how everyone though Roo was keeping Kosi back, when he was actually hiding his inadequacy.

Kossi is copping so much crap because he is really the only forward that has had a real presence in our forward line and because the team isn’t kicking goals he is getting the blame. Hopefully Heyne has can create another target with Goddard spending more time in the forward line as well. Hayes, Gram, Dal, Joey, Ray and McQualter have to start chipping in and kick some goals themselves. I think Kos is trying to play a Nick type of role too much and is running himself to the ground to early and the slow movement forward is not helping his cause.

WE can not accurately gauge Kosi until he is allowed to play as a traditional full forward i.e. stand in the goal square and repeatedly lead, rather than spread from a pack at half back. Will we get to see this? I doubt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason heatly was a champion you idiot. I wish we had him in the side now!!!

Yeah Heaters was a gun, I support Subi in the WAFL too and he used to rip it up for us at that level. He was very good overhead for his size and was a deadeye dick shot for goal, was rapt when the Saints picked him up.

He was great for us in '97 and a big reason we made the GF. Someone like him would be very handy right now.

Yeah Heaters was a gun, I support Subi in the WAFL too and he used to rip it up for us at that level. He was very good overhead for his size and was a deadeye dick shot for goal, was rapt when the Saints picked him up.

He was great for us in '97 and a big reason we made the GF. Someone like him would be very handy right now.

Absolutley. Kicked as stright as an arrow as well. Didn't he kick 7 against north in teh 97 prelim, including a snap from 40 that bounced over a north defender in the goal square?

He lost his good hands on the lead in 98 and that was it.

Absolutley. Kicked as stright as an arrow as well. Didn't he kick 7 against north in teh 97 prelim, including a snap from 40 that bounced over a north defender in the goal square?

He lost his good hands on the lead in 98 and that was it.

Yeah I remember he kicked a few in that 97 prelim, not sure if it was as many as 7. He didn't miss too much though and was capable of kicking a bag. Seemed to drop off in confidence in '98 with the rest of the team and then just faded away.

A familiar story for us really, we lost Lockett and Hall too when they were at their peak.

Yeah I remember he kicked a few in that 97 prelim, not sure if it was as many as 7. He didn't miss too much though and was capable of kicking a bag. Seemed to drop off in confidence in '98 with the rest of the team and then just faded away.

A familiar story for us really, we lost Lockett and Hall too when they were at their peak.

Hey dude, I just checked and he did kick seven!

The difference with losing Hall and Plugger being, of course, one will forever be greatful for watching Lockett play back in the day forwards earned marks - and Hall is just a ****.

Hey dude, I just checked and he did kick seven!

The difference with losing Hall and Plugger being, of course, one will forever be greatful for watching Lockett play back in the day forwards earned marks - and Hall is just a ****.

No surprise from my username that I was a massive Tony Lockett fan, he was pretty much the reason I started following the Saints. Scary to think how many goals he'd kick today with all the soft 'hands in the back' and 'chopping the arms' rules, he would have been even more unstoppable.

Looking forward to Kosi playing FF, and looking forward to our crumbers being able to crumb.

Think we struggle to have one without the other.

No surprise from my username that I was a massive Tony Lockett fan, he was pretty much the reason I started following the Saints. Scary to think how many goals he'd kick today with all the soft 'hands in the back' and 'chopping the arms' rules, he would have been even more unstoppable.
Add another 1000 to the total, and kids I am not exaggerating!

Add another 1000 to the total, and kids I am not exaggerating!

And then subtract 1000 to account for the loose men in defence, zoning, clusters, not kicking to contests, etc.

A champion would still be a champion in any era but I'm sure Plugger is pretty happy he played footy when he did rather than now.

Disagree Sainter plugger would have run right over the loose men in defence, you would kick to him no matter how many defenders were on him as with todays free kicks he would just be racking them up. Too Big, Too Strong, and simply Too Good.:)

Disagree Sainter plugger would have run right over the loose men in defence, you would kick to him no matter how many defenders were on him as with todays free kicks he would just be racking them up. Too Big, Too Strong, and simply Too Good.:)

Yeah good luck flooding and dropping into the space ahead of Plugger.

You'd want to like the taste of hospital food.:D

Perhaps a new nick name for Kosi, "the wall"says a lot about his speed, his mobilty and turning circle and the fact that when the ball hits his chest it bouces off and gets rebounded down to the opposition goal

He is certainly doing no favours to himself.

I suggest he be moved in the backline and we bring in Stanley/Cahill/anyone else in the forward line?

Remove this Banner Ad

Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back