News Krakouer and Macaffer set for shock early return

Remove this Banner Ad

Does a shoulder injury make it easier to maintain fitness though? Surely it won't take him as long to get match fit. A couple in the VFL and a couple in the 1s should be enough shouldn't it? We need him badly.
I would rather be coming back from a shoulder than a knee in general terms but Johson's record when he hasn't had a hard pre season is poor. My comment is more about Johnson than the nature of the injury. His game relies on the sort of running you can't pick up in a month or so of hard training - at least he hasn't been able to in the past.

I'd love to be wrong becasue I'd much rather Johnson in the side than Buckley, Rounds, Young or even Sincalir but I fear they will be who we hav to call on.

I dont think people realise how big it would be for the team to get kraks back...we lack the the X factor this year and he can bring it back.

Eddie was hosing this down on MMM this morning and saying that Harry may have been getting a little excited.

He said yes, Krak is running well, but only in straight lines. He was still saying it was a long shot.

I dont think people realise how big it would be for the team to get kraks back...we lack the the X factor this year and he can bring it back.

He also brings pace, which is one thing we need right now.

Eddie was hosing this down on MMM this morning and saying that Harry may have been getting a little excited.

He said yes, Krak is running well, but only in straight lines. He was still saying it was a long shot.

Which is fair enough i guess they probs dont want the media making it worse and putting the pressure on Kraks so they are hosing it down fast...

Would loooooooooooove for this to happen, but I don't see it happening.

The quickest recovery from a knee I've seen (non-LARS) is Didak. Had a knee reco after the lost final in 06, back by Round 1 next season.

I could be mistaken though, it was a while ago.

That's a strange one from Ed because Krak definitely trained with the main group yesterday. For how long and what sort of training exactly ie match simulation or the warm up, IDK, but he was definitely on camera training during one of last nights football stories (I believe it was ch7 news)

He also brings pace, which is one thing we need right now.
Krak aint that quick, nowhere near as quick and Sinks or Elliot. He just looks quick because he is smart and evasive.

We would lose a bit in our defensive pressure forward of centre, but we would gain much more offensively. Would love to have him back!

I would rather be coming back from a shoulder than a knee in general terms but Johson's record when he hasn't had a hard pre season is poor. My comment is more about Johnson than the nature of the injury. His game relies on the sort of running you can't pick up in a month or so of hard training - at least he hasn't been able to in the past.

I'd love to be wrong becasue I'd much rather Johnson in the side than Buckley, Rounds, Young or even Sincalir but I fear they will be who we hav to call on.

Maybe

but hes 31 and i think he should play... rarely takes a wrong step.

pies supporters should ask other teams what they think of him..

very underrated...

I'd love to have a fully fit Krakouer running around the forward line, god knows we need him right now. But the guy wasn't even fully fit before his injury because he needed to take time off due to personal circumstances, I have my doubts about whether he'll be able to run out a game before finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would loooooooooooove for this to happen, but I don't see it happening.

The quickest recovery from a knee I've seen (non-LARS) is Didak. Had a knee reco after the lost final in 06, back by Round 1 next season.

I could be mistaken though, it was a while ago.

Came back in round 5 for ANZAC Day game. Kicked 3 goals too IIRC.

Totally with you there. The fact that his game relies on instinct and talent over anything else means I think we can cover any lack of fitness he might have an accomodate him in our forward line. We just need to make sure that his muscle mass supporting the knee (Swooop has mentioned to within 10% of the opposite leg) is there so he doesn't risk reinjury. We are really lacking the class that Didak, Davis and Krakouer brought to the equation this season.

Krak aint that quick, nowhere near as quick and Sinks or Elliot. He just looks quick because he is smart and evasive.

We would lose a bit in our defensive pressure forward of centre, but we would gain much more offensively. Would love to have him back!

I'd agree with you on this one.

Most other sports around the world are 6 months for a ACL. It's the demands on the legs/knee in the AFL that make it 12 months in our sport.

It's not out of the question by any means, but it's high unlikely.

If it was a choice between Simon Buckley and Krakouer to be the sub I'd be choosing Andrew even if he had his right leg amputated below the knee.

Would love it if fit enough they could get back. Caff is such a deceivingly good player. Very strong which allows him to play on bigger bodied defenders. And we all know what Krak could do. But no point risking underdone players, especially in finals.

"9 months is the standard time"

and the media is feeding us that they might be back in 6? rofl, cmon guys this is just bullshit to sell newspapers because its what we want to read. Lets get serious

Not going to lie, there was a bit of movement at the station when reading that article.

It would be an amazing comeback, however slight the chance it would be nice to see them at least play in the VFL so they both know they're right to go and smash the pre season ready for 2013.

It seems knee recos are not necessarily season injuries now, if they ever really were. I was shocked that nath brown nearly came back very early last year if it wasn't for Arizona injury.

I am sure rehab methods have got a lot better so don't write the boys off for this season yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Krakouer and Macaffer set for shock early return

Remove this Banner Ad

Back