Krakouer wins mark of the year WTF???

Remove this Banner Ad

Heath Shaw said on Before the Game that he felt Krakouer's was better because a pack mark is more impressive than a one on one mark. The panel laughed at him. :thumbsu:

Heath Shaw thinks that he has a career as a comedian after football because he thinks that people are laughing with him... not realising that he is the joke and people are laughing at him.

Can't really remember, think he may have mentioned something about a pack mark, but he was too busy trying to justify the committee decision. Jon Ralph kept saying to him "please Kev tell me you didn't vote for Krakouer". There was no way he was going to reveal who he voted for, but I don't think you have to be Einstein to figure it out.

Would love to hear his interview with Bartlett. I might try and track it down.

One good thing has come from all this - we have now redefined what is a contested "pack" mark.

One person in front of you with one beside is now a contested pack mark.

Johncock's spoiling attempt was on the way down - not in the actual mark, and Cloke was at the back of the pack - had no impact on it- and also arrived on the scene 5 seconds late...but hey, now whenever I see one person flying for a mark and 2 people anywhere within 10 metres of the event I will say to myself...

"ahh- here's a pack mark "-

Leo Barry's mark in the 2005 g/f - that must now be considered an uncontested, solo mark. You know it makes sense as Sam Kekovich would say.

Prior to this year- they mostly gave the mark of the year to the one that got the most height - now that is no longer important. Height is out- "pack" marks are in.

Krakouers mark was better - as hard as that is to say, walkers is more spectacular visually, like silvagnis and jezzas because they are on their own, one on one when they are taken. However Krakouers mark is harder, and if you look at it a better mark, not as visually impressive (less hang time) - in my opinion.

[YOUTUBE]g1Sa572GxNI[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry guys.

Krakouers mark was better - as hard as that is to say, walkers is more spectacular visually, like silvagnis and jezzas because they are on their own, one on one when they are taken. However Krakouers mark is harder, and if you look at it a better mark, not as visually impressive (less hang time) - in my opinion.

[youtube]g1Sa572GxNI[/youtube]

Sorry guys.

You idiot

Krakouers mark is a great mark BUT you see this once or twice a year.

Walkers mark you see once every 10 years. The red headed Essendon prick was last to take a mark like that and the Melbourne bloke before him.

Walker was MOTY by a long shot.

You idiot

Krakouers mark is a great mark BUT you see this once or twice a year.

Walkers mark you see once every 10 years. The red headed Essendon prick was last to take a mark like that and the Melbourne bloke before him.

Walker was MOTY by a long shot.

Correct. That is why Channel 7 replayed it several times during the Brownlow Medal count & why the AFL have used it in its finals paraphernalia (& it has been replayed over & over again on various TV programs).

There were at least half a dozen similar marks to Krakouer's mark taken this season (Walker took a similar one during the season as well as his MOTY effort).

The decision to award the MOTY to Krakouer's mark was a feel good exercise, right up there with the AFL encouraging/forcing Richmond to recruit Ben "I have unhealable sores" Cousins.

A tad harsh considering it is very doubtful that you have met the guy.

Did you even bother to read the post I quoted and replied to...

It was meant to play on the panel laughing at him bit.

But, I think that I have diagnosed your problem this evening... you are suffering from the dreaded vestri caput capitis est sursum vestri ass syndrome where you react before looking and even thinking.

Appalling decision from the political correctness bureau. History will tell and Walker's mark will be the one played in promo material and footy ads for the next 10 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Krakouer wins mark of the year WTF???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back